Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Impersonation

Is inpersonating another player classed as a banable
Offence under scamming (frauding) even if no loss to a party occurred. Recently had someone impersonating myself and was curious if the situation is banable just because they actively pretending to be someone they aren’t

Re: Impersonation

I sure hope so. Some things are even worse than stealing others' property.

I remember a couple of years ago the monopoly clan on my server got angry with a player who left them, so several of them made toons that looked n were dressed just like him n gave them names as close as possible, then did all kinds of horrible things to cause problems for him. They also yelled really inappropriate things in the castle pretending to be him. This went on for several days. All of those players should have been perm banned imo.

That's a tricky question.

I'd guess that if it's done with intent to scam/degrade someone, it might be bannable. However, if someone is just messing around or being sarcastic, I don't see much wrong with it. It's also probably really hard to tell if someone is actively impersonating someone...
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Say someone copies your own words, or physically claims they’re you, even if at first it isn’t used to degrade a person it could develop into such so I’m curious how VR would treat offences such as someone saying
“Yea I’m so and so” and people believing and that person not openly admitting they lied

I personally couldn't really see any impersonation actually lasting any length of time. It wouldn't be long before everyone gets the word that the little lvl 6 in the castle shouting insults isn't the person they are pretending to be. Or if it's a quick leveller who is pretending to be you...it's super simple to just get the word out that it isn't you, and that's that.

I guess I can't really see any issue here, anyonr with a modicum of common sense should be able to figure out if someone is impersonating someone else, especially if they are around often.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

In the real world identity theft is a crime and imo for a good reason.

All intentions aside, by claiming to be someone you’re not, you can still do tremendous harm to the persons credibility.

Even if it’s ‘just for fun’, this is not a thing to joke around with. These actions are in my eyes similar to joking like you commit suicide or you jokingly threaten to kill someone. Might be ‘fun’ to some as a joke, but the possible consequences are just too big.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

People creating characters to impersonate others with the intent to scam is an actionable offense. Please report it to our support team.

Friendly reminder: Pay attention to who you are trading with! Even if the name is familiar, look at their level and equipment and if they are on your friends list.

People creating characters to impersonate others with the intent to scam is an actionable offense. Please report it to our support team.

Friendly reminder: Pay attention to who you are trading with! Even if the name is familiar, look at their level and equipment and if they are on your friends list.

Funny cause that's not what OTM said last time. All they said was to look for the players level and to make sure it was the right person. No "action" was ever taken.
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

Funny cause that's not what OTM said last time. All they said was to look for the players level and to make sure it was the right person. No "action" was ever taken.
OTM has always maintained that those who impersonate others with the intent to scam are subject to the disciplinary procedure. They said to look for player levels so that you won't get scammed, but that doesn't mean they didn't take actions.
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?