Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Why bonus XP over the main Christmas holidays?

Why bonus XP over the main Christmas holidays?

So with putting the blame on anyone the game had a few problems recently, and was pretty unplayable for a % of people.
The planned bonus couldn’t go ahead because of the amount of players who simply couldn’t play at the time. I understand this and think it was very good of you to hold off with the bonus XP at the time.

However during Christmas time for a pretty high percentage of the world it is a time to celebrate and see family and pretty much be very very busy.

From us parents who are run off our feet, to the teens who have to see grandma more often then they do during the whole rest of the year. Younger children learning to ride their new bike or on scooters at the skate park or playing with that Barbie house they asked Father Christmas for.

My point is some of us can’t use this holiday to play games whether we want to or not. The bonus XP over a weekend when people don’t have to work has always worked better.
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +

Re: Why bonus XP over the main Christmas holidays?

I don't know how everyone else spends their Christmas but I wouldn't stick around my family all day, it's just another same old day to me and if I get to meet people that I rarely do then sure a few hours of chatting with them is more than enough,I don't define Christmas as a day where you stick around your family all day long.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

It was a smart move on thier part.
Give people 1.5xp but Put it where not everyone is willing to dedicate themselves to the event due to rl.
They gave the event and can say they did, and they get to limit the amount of harm It does to the server because not everyone is taking advantage of it due to holiday.
Server: Danu since 2011
Clan - Ascension
Sockthief -- Level 227 Ranger
Siegengine -- Level 182 Warrior
Stinkysock -- Level 180 Rogue

I mentioned this elsewhere, but it was a Christmas event. An event for Christmas. It makes sense to do it during Christmas. Yeah, it would have been better if it were a week earlier, but not everyone celebrates Christmas the same way. While some people may be busy for several days before Christmas, others may only have a small celebration on the day itself, with not much going on beforehand.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I mentioned this elsewhere, but it was a Christmas event. An event for Christmas. It makes sense to do it during Christmas. Yeah, it would have been better if it were a week earlier, but not everyone celebrates Christmas the same way. While some people may be busy for several days before Christmas, others may only have a small celebration on the day itself, with not much going on beforehand.
I thought it was an apology for the server and gameplay issues
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

I thought it was an apology for the server and gameplay issues
In that case... if that was just the xmas event.... then there must be another double plat and double xp event soon to make up for the glitches!!! :lol:
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

I don't know how everyone else spends their Christmas but I wouldn't stick around my family all day, it's just another same old day to me and if I get to meet people that I rarely do then sure a few hours of chatting with them is more than enough,I don't define Christmas as a day where you stick around your family all day long.
+1
I agree the XP event should have extended a day and a half, maybe 2 days after christmas but i 300% hope theres no more dbl plat or xp until the next normally scheduled one. Like easter or smthing i forget.
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn