Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Why is there heat /attack damage on the mage brace (CG) ?

Would be great to get focus to add to casters attack ability as well. That way a melee type build for a caster can actually hit a boss.

As it stands now, a caster has to sacrifice a lot of slots for attack gear to have semi decent attack to even hit a boss.

It was brought up in another thread to have BT lightning strike ability rings that have totem ability as well. Could have mage rings with wand too if they were to make some changes to allow more variety in builds.

What are you trying to get at? The point is to have the opposite of a plateau formula because it prevents melee classes from simply putting a small amount of points into focus or using gear that gives a small amount of focus (secrets helm and what not) and getting a significant boost, making things very unbalanced between casters and melee. Melee would have to take a large amount from one stat and put it into focus if they want that elemental boost, it keeps thing balanced.
Exactly, the point is to have formulas that don't plateau which is what I have been saying this whole time.
Elemental damage from jewelry/armor/weapons should scale with focus, just like how physical dmg scales with str.
This being your initial suggestion, if focus scales the same way as physical damage... it will still plateau lol nothing in that suggestion does anything to address the real problem (poorly written formulas). Every argument you have made to back your initial suggestion is under the assumption that, just because it is focus, it won't plateau. which is both false and the basis for my counter.
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Retirement dident work out for me .-.

What are you trying to get at? The point is to have the opposite of a plateau formula because it prevents melee classes from simply putting a small amount of points into focus or using gear that gives a small amount of focus (secrets helm and what not) and getting a significant boost, making things very unbalanced between casters and melee. Melee would have to take a large amount from one stat and put it into focus if they want that elemental boost, it keeps thing balanced.
Exactly, the point is to have formulas that don't plateau which is what I have been saying this whole time.
Elemental damage from jewelry/armor/weapons should scale with focus, just like how physical dmg scales with str.
This being your initial suggestion, if focus scales the same way as physical damage... it will still plateau lol nothing in that suggestion does anything to address the real problem (poorly written formulas). Every argument you have made to back your initial suggestion is under the assumption that, just because it is focus, it won't plateau. which is both false and the basis for my counter.
I was talking about the scaling in general lol, not the actual formulas. Physical dmg scales with str, and so should focus and elemental dmg
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Elemental damage from jewelry/armor/weapons should scale with focus, just like how physical dmg scales with str
I don't see how this would be a helpful addition, all it would do is give mele classes an even greater boost and still leave mages without any possibility of getting damage from strength and ability addition. Not to mention that mele classes are the ones with armor and jewels boosting elemental damage not mages in addition to them having large ammounts of both elemental and physical damage on their weapons. (me trying to keep my sarcasm from spewing forth :p @bob)
Lol krumz but ya.
I like the idea of mages being able to auto, and with focus acting like strength for providing the determinant stat. Fire or ice magic would be nice as well to be the ability to determine how effective the focus is. Wand ability doesn’t make sense, because then you turn mages into a melee class which by nature they aren’t, and also if you use ice and fire magic, then you could exclude melee from receiving the same impact that casters wouldn’t receive.
This is all hypothetical ofc, and I wouldn’t go so far as to make it a suggestion, but it is nonetheless a cool idea, and it makes sense. If I can cast a fireball with my hands, wouldn’t I be able to have better control over fire damage in general?? Same for ice and magic etc...
The real tricky part to this is how do mages gain attack value? Does it make sense for magical casting to have same accuracy requirements as an archer with a bow and arrow? And if not (as in if not wand ability), what then? Or should it still be wand ability but should it act differently?
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at