Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Yule recipes

Mdunc1982 and Furyion. You both make good points, both from different sides of the spectrum.

As a seller, it makes perfect sense to have limited time special items. You can collect a bunch while they are available, then sell them at a profit later.

As a buyer, it makes sense to be upset about having missed out on those limited time items. It's not necessarily the buyer's fault...sometimes they started playing after the limited time items were finished, and it couldn't be helped.

However, that's how the game works. I have a couple dozen pumpkin heads in my bank from 2012, I occasionally break one or two out and sell it for 20 times the price of the hats during the event. Is that wrong? No, it's my item and I can sell it for whatever I want. Is it fair? Totally. I have an advantage because I played at that time. If someone wants it, they will buy it, if they dislike the price, they won't. Obviously it's a bit hard to compare fashion to a recipe, but the basic point still stands I think.

Real life has very similar situations. Check out ebay or another online market...you will see different people selling the same thing for different amounts, depending on how badly they want it gone. The main difference is that in real life, there are usually enough sellers that prices tend to stay about the same, because people have so many options. In Celtic Heroes, there's usually not many people who might be selling a specific item, so they get to control the price.

It's frustrating, yes, but that's how the system works.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Mdunc1982 and Furyion. You both make good points, both from different sides of the spectrum.

As a seller, it makes perfect sense to have limited time special items. You can collect a bunch while they are available, then sell them at a profit later.

As a buyer, it makes sense to be upset about having missed out on those limited time items. It's not necessarily the buyer's fault...sometimes they started playing after the limited time items were finished, and it couldn't be helped.

However, that's how the game works. I have a couple dozen pumpkin heads in my bank from 2012, I occasionally break one or two out and sell it for 20 times the price of the hats during the event. Is that wrong? No, it's my item and I can sell it for whatever I want. Is it fair? Totally. I have an advantage because I played at that time. If someone wants it, they will buy it, if they dislike the price, they won't. Obviously it's a bit hard to compare fashion to a recipe, but the basic point still stands I think.

Real life has very similar situations. Check out ebay or another online market...you will see different people selling the same thing for different amounts, depending on how badly they want it gone. The main difference is that in real life, there are usually enough sellers that prices tend to stay about the same, because people have so many options. In Celtic Heroes, there's usually not many people who might be selling a specific item, so they get to control the price.

It's frustrating, yes, but that's how the system works.
Perhaps I was a little off base with some of my comments but my broader point was it sounded like they would be brought back this winter season. Had I know they wouldn't I would have most certainly bought the stuff and sat on it. I'm not like these people though. I wouldn't charge 100k for something i paid 5k for. It might be not against any rules but ethically it's dirty. They could at least bring the spices back. Most people who have the recipes don't and can't get any more spces. I have the one recipe I need but there really is no point in paying an ungodly amount for something that I can already cook perfected and exquisites as it is it just takes longer withoout chocolate gelebron.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Bringing back the spices every for the winter would be nice. I don’t think the recipes themselves need to make a return. Maybe new limited time recipes that also incorporate the holiday spices would suit everyone. Just out of curiosity, was there ever any point or effect to mince pies? XD
~*~*~*~ Rosmerta ~*~*~*~
|| Ridd || Mage || 228 ||
|| Nyyx || Ranger || 223 ||
|| Phyxius || Druid || 220 ||
|| Snaxx || Warrior || 223 ||
|| Khaleessii || Locker || 190 ||

Bringing back the spices every for the winter would be nice. I don’t think the recipes themselves need to make a return. Maybe new limited time recipes that also incorporate the holiday spices would suit everyone. Just out of curiosity, was there ever any point or effect to mince pies? XD
I'm wondering the same thing. I couldn't remember the recipe that seemed to have no effect at all.

He's one of those people who mark up stuff that cost 5-10k all the way up to 100-200k and think that's what an investment is called. That's not. Of this were real life that would be called highway robbery but since it's a game it's ok. Other games have a built in system to prevent people from over pricing to maintain balance in the economy. I'm not at all against making gold i just think people get carried away with it. Next thing you know people are gonna be charging 100 mil for a rare mount (I'm sure some fool has already tried).
Things are only worth what people are prepared to pay.
I'm not a shortcut to support, don't expect a reply to PMs asking about support issues.

He's one of those people who mark up stuff that cost 5-10k all the way up to 100-200k and think that's what an investment is called. That's not. Of this were real life that would be called highway robbery but since it's a game it's ok. Other games have a built in system to prevent people from over pricing to maintain balance in the economy. I'm not at all against making gold i just think people get carried away with it. Next thing you know people are gonna be charging 100 mil for a rare mount (I'm sure some fool has already tried).
This
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Schwing shutting down his players with fax
Dynamit1 - 215 Druid
Dynasaur - 205 Mage
Dynamit3 - 223 Rogue
Dynamit4 - 220 Warrior
Dynamit5 - 217 Ranger

Obviously someone is paying. It isn't me though. That's not my point at all. My point is their are few tools to protect users (mainly new people or people that don't know the original price) from getting ripped off. I'm fully aware that people make a choice (most of the time) to pay that price. Doesn't make it right. I'm also aware that VR can't control everything (and I don't want them to on everything) but simple things like holiday spices practically implies they should be available during the holidays. Noobs already have a hard enough time as it is (starting off with no gold and no fast mount) unless they purchase a bunch of platinum immediately. I just don't think it's right. And like I said before numerous times people should have a way to profit off of others but that doesn't mean charging usurious prices for years on the same item that is needed for a recipe.

Schwing shutting down his players with fax
This comment is unnecessary and a derailing comment. Stay on point or please don't comment at all.

Noobs already have a hard enough time as it is (starting off with no gold and no fast mount) unless they purchase a bunch of platinum immediately. I just don't think it's right. And like I said before numerous times people should have a way to profit off of others but that doesn't mean charging usurious prices for years on the same item that is needed for a recipe.
Bringing back those wouldnt help them, it would only hurt those who had them. You can cook mastered food already with or without it, so paying more for more of a chance is somewhat redundant. In any case, this would be dropping the price just for the sake of dropping it.

Flashing back to legacy, look at what happened to darkflame armor. The stats on it were pretty trashy, it was worse then lesser midsummer, but it was pretty stylish. People wanted to bring it back because it was so rare and valueable, saying that no one could afford it, and those who missed it should have it. It used to be priceless, even for one piece, getting 2m for gloves wasnt out of the question. The very day legacy hit, the price fell by at least 1000%. Nowadays, people dont even really wanna buy it, and thats just one of many examples legacy ruined. People like to mention that they should get another shot, but no one likes to stand up for the people who paid millions for this stuff and lost it all due to a selfish request.

The answer is bringing in new items, not old items.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr