Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Double Platinum?

I am wondering whether I should wait for Double Platinum and purchase some of it then, or shouldn't get my hopes up? With all the Xmas stuff going on everywhere, I was thinking developers would give us players a present. And yes, I know about free gifts with every purchase of plat that came into play with the recent patch.

I really don't want to feel like a dumbass and purchase platinum right before Double Platinum kicks in. Happened before and it felt exceptionally painful.
4d4p7→0u7w17→5urv1v3→r3p347

Re: Double Platinum?

I am wondering whether I should wait for Double Platinum and purchase some of it then, or shouldn't get my hopes up? With all the Xmas stuff going on everywhere, I was thinking developers would give us players a present. And yes, I know about free gifts with every purchase of plat that came into play with the recent patch.

I really don't want to feel like a dumbass and purchase platinum right before Double Platinum kicks in. Happened before and it felt exceptionally painful.
Usually Double Platinum only takes place 2 times a year. Black Friday (end of November) and the CH birthday celebration (in June).

Earlier, it was suggested by Schwing that there may be something coming up for people who missed out on the sale last month. I want to stress that as far as I can tell, nothing specific was promised. Some people believe it will be double platinum , but I don't think anything specific was promised...even if it was, plans may have changed.

So essentially, it is entirely your call whether you buy platinum now or later. If you don't mind the wait, I'd recommend waiting until June...but that's still 7 months away. You could also wait and see if there will be a special event in the next few weeks, but as nothing has been promised, it's a gamble.

*edit - I did some more research after posting this, and I made a slight mistake, sorry.*
Schwing mentioned in this post that there would be an exp event in the future to help players who have missed out on playtime.
Double Plat and XP event

We will work to ensure that no one who is affected by these issues misses out on double plat, and will also be running an XP event in future to help players catch up who have missed out on playtime.We'll release more details about this next week.
My guess is that unless VR changed their mind (since I don't think they have mentioned it since then), any exp event likely will wait until the issues are fixed completely, so that everyone can partake in it. He also doesn't specifically say that there will be another double platinum event...though that is one way that his post could be interpreted. So you could still wait and see if there is another upcoming platinum event, or you could just pull the trigger now and go for it.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Thank you for such an extensive answer!
Usually Double Platinum only takes place 2 times a year. Black Friday (end of November) and the CH birthday celebration (in June).
Didn't know that, so that's really helpful.

In that case, I'm going to buy some platinum now. No reason to wait and I'm enjoying CH immensely.

Thanks again!

people didn't buy plat because game was broken and glitchy. I suggest Christmas double plat sale next week.
TBH I kind of agree. I know quite a few people who didn't buy plat because they couldn't even log. Some even thought CH was going to shut down because of how long it was taking them to fix it.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

In that case, I'm going to buy some platinum now. No reason to wait and I'm enjoying CH immensely.

Thanks again!
Happy to help!
people didn't buy plat because game was broken and glitchy. I suggest Christmas double plat sale next week.
TBH I kind of agree. I know quite a few people who didn't buy plat because they couldn't even log. Some even thought CH was going to shut down because of how long it was taking them to fix it.
If people didn't want to buy plat, that is entirely their fault. Fatalistic thinking isn't a good reason to have another sale. Anyone with a modicum of common sense would know that bugs will get fixed, it just takes some time. VR just took over the game recently, there's no possible way that they would let the game die for any reason. Honestly in my opinion, the worst part of the past month has been the negative people on the forums spreading misinformation and stirring up trouble.

That being said, I do think it would be a good idea to do another sale, because like you said some people couldn't log on at all...the only downside is that then those who purposefully didn't buy plat as some sort of misguided "protest" will then get to partake.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I suggest Christmas double plat sale next week.
My thoughts exactly. I thought there is usually a sale at Christmas (like in Steam, you know). That's why I started this topic.
I bought a bit of platinum when I started, but I think that was after the fixes, because I didn't notice any bugs. Well, aside from black artifacts appearing on top of the water sometimes; that's still happening by the way, but I digress.

Thanks again!
Happy to help!
If people didn't want to buy plat, that is entirely their fault. Fatalistic thinking isn't a good reason to have another sale. Anyone with a modicum of common sense would know that bugs will get fixed, it just takes some time. VR just took over the game recently, there's no possible way that they would let the game die for any reason. Honestly in my opinion, the worst part of the past month has been the negative people on the forums spreading misinformation and stirring up trouble.

That being said, I do think it would be a good idea to do another sale, because like you said some people couldn't log on at all...the only downside is that then those who purposefully didn't buy plat as some sort of misguided "protest" will then get to partake.
Nah I'm talking about the dudes who couldn't even log. At first I couldn't even buy plat either and I had an iPhone 8 at the time. They should have cancelled double plat and postponed. I still got some. Some didn't.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Double platinum is not going to happen again any time soon so I would just go ahead and get the platinum if you have the itch that badly. Or you will be waiting for months.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

I love the idea of this as I started playing the game in 2012 and quit in 2016. Just recently tried logging onto my account and have and account pw conflict. Idk what to do about it but I have been thinking about buying plat to get back into it with all the cool stuff! I miss my mage and old accounts too though://