Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: overpricing

Supply/demand have no effect, on belenus atleast. Chests were only 20k back in the day, now they are up to 45k... and they are way more available now days than they were a few years ago. People will naturally blame the inflation of gold, but what player actually cares about inflation and takes notice of the gold supply, the high prices is the result of greedy players steadily raising prices and mindless players following the raising prices. There is no central bank or government to control it.

Same with mounts... an 80% could sell for 150k-200k a few years ago, and now people are selling them 500k+... with aeon mounts here now mounts are more common than ever before, and with battlemounts normal mounts should have a smaller demand and in result have a lower price, but why don’t they? Because the greedy players don’t care lol. Plat droughts are the only time when economics really apply (demand for lixs are high, supply of lixs are low, so people raise prices. When the supply goes back up, the prices lower), but those are rare.

So in reality, there are too many mindless players/players that simply don’t care and just want to play the game to have basic economics apply.
It's either demand or inflation. Demand is stronger then supply in this game and the real world as well. Sure, someone could have the only one of something, and some people might pay alot of money because of that, but if no one wants it, its worthless. Inflation happens because gold falls under supply and demand too, though that is more supply based.

Ill say this, I dont believe in standardized prices. I adapt to how the economy is looking, usually buying more when people are looking to sell(low inflation), and selling more when there is more gold around. Lets take these players into mind, are they actually selling the items in question? Or is this just them asking high numbers? That is a very big difference. If they are getting the amounts they are asking, I see no need to go after them for it. The price rose, and it is just ignorance to the change. In 2013 on lugh, I bought a white cloud hat for 80k, and in 2017 I sold it for 4m. The price had to have changed for that to happen.

One thing I deal with alot on supply and demand is chests. The demand is always high, and the supply usually is too, but...

World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Supply/demand have no effect, on belenus atleast. Chests were only 20k back in the day, now they are up to 45k... and they are way more available now days than they were a few years ago. People will naturally blame the inflation of gold, but what player actually cares about inflation and takes notice of the gold supply, the high prices is the result of greedy players steadily raising prices and mindless players following the raising prices. There is no central bank or government to control it.

Same with mounts... an 80% could sell for 150k-200k a few years ago, and now people are selling them 500k+... with aeon mounts here now mounts are more common than ever before, and with battlemounts normal mounts should have a smaller demand and in result have a lower price, but why don’t they? Because the greedy players don’t care lol. Plat droughts are the only time when economics really apply (demand for lixs are high, supply of lixs are low, so people raise prices. When the supply goes back up, the prices lower), but those are rare.

So in reality, there are too many mindless players/players that simply don’t care and just want to play the game to have basic economics apply.
It's either demand or inflation. Demand is stronger then supply in this game and the real world as well. Sure, someone could have the only one of something, and some people might pay alot of money because of that, but if no one wants it, its worthless. Inflation happens because gold falls under supply and demand too, though that is more supply based.

Ill say this, I dont believe in standardized prices. I adapt to how the economy is looking, usually buying more when people are looking to sell(low inflation), and selling more when there is more gold around. Lets take these players into mind, are they actually selling the items in question? Or is this just them asking high numbers? That is a very big difference. If they are getting the amounts they are asking, I see no need to go after them for it. The price rose, and it is just ignorance to the change. In 2013 on lugh, I bought a white cloud hat for 80k, and in 2017 I sold it for 4m. The price had to have changed for that to happen.

One thing I deal with alot on supply and demand is chests. The demand is always high, and the supply usually is too, but...

Not everyone is sitting on millions gold, what about the players who are new? This is literally causing a population problem and this is not just something that should be taken lightly. We shouldn't have to stock up like this. Double plat just happened, and in my 7 years of playing, every double plat we ever had, there was an abundance of every plat item. I strongly disagree about us being in a plat droughr. We're not in a plat drought, but I definitely think inflation had some play in this. It's easy for someone whos played for years to get millions, but not new players, so the inflation isn't really fair, but it exists and it's screwing our economy and hurting population .
kings pride
mabon - my main server
fingal - what happens in vegas, stays in vegas

Not everyone is sitting on millions gold, what about the players who are new? This is literally causing a population problem and this is not just something that should be taken lightly. We shouldn't have to stock up like this. Double plat just happened, and in my 7 years of playing, every double plat we ever had, there was an abundance of every plat item. I strongly disagree about us being in a plat droughr. We're not in a plat drought, but I definitely think inflation had some play in this. It's easy for someone whos played for years to get millions, but not new players, so the inflation isn't really fair, but it exists and it's screwing our economy and hurting population .
If the sales didnt change, theres no problem. People stocking up on plat items has been a thing since the first double plat, but the consumption rate is increasing due to the increasing need of lix, restos, tokens, etc.

Gold is easier to get then it has even been though. All you have to do is get a little bit of gold and scout the ah for cheap stuff, or just farm bounty tokens. Bossing works if you are a higher lv too.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Keepin' it old school.

it happens when player base is halved and rarely anyone spends bucks on the game any longer
That's part of it but remember their are new players that spend quite a bit as well.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

If the sales didnt change, theres no problem. People stocking up on plat items has been a thing since the first double plat, but the consumption rate is increasing due to the increasing need of lix, restos, tokens, etc.

Gold is easier to get then it has even been though. All you have to do is get a little bit of gold and scout the ah for cheap stuff, or just farm bounty tokens. Bossing works if you are a higher lv too.
Problem with that is most clans will kick you from clan if they catch you sellling any boss drop unless of course you are part of their clique then they overlook it. Basically you have to lie, create an alt account to sell drops even if you paid for them. But I agree with a lot of what you said.

Problem with that is most clans will kick you from clan if they catch you sellling any boss drop unless of course you are part of their clique then they overlook it. Basically you have to lie, create an alt account to sell drops even if you paid for them. But I agree with a lot of what you said.
Bossing as in low end, like frozen down, and legacy. Not sideselling group effort drops.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Keepin' it old school.

Bossing as in low end, like frozen down, and legacy. Not sideselling group effort drops.
Ahh gotcha, our server is terrible about group effort selling so I guess I'm just used to it. I try to help people and half of em just don't care about clan rules lmao.

I think inflation more so is diriving from players only having to spend gold on plat items. With not having to buy gear in all but 1 server, their is a whole market missing. Look at that one server... XP’s are 2.5k and u can find chests for 15-20k with a simple castle shout at most giving times recent double plat offer or not because these people are capable of buying their way end game rather than grinding. All the millions and millions people save not buying seeds down to ritual gems takes heed on platinum items imo and u should look at this as you are still saving heaps in the long run. There is deflation of golds value in a vast majority of servers because 50% of the market is null and void. So it makes sense to me most servers have doubled up on plat item costs.

1 half being plat items, the other missing half being gear sales that are obsolete in next to all servers.