Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Son plays for Free...advices

Hello!

My son wants to play this game but he will only be allowed to put very limited $$$ into it (he does get play apples from here and there).

What class and build would be better suited for someone with time to invest but little money?

I tried the game and it is a lot of fun. But after a couple hours of game play i have the sense that some of the very important content is out if reach without real money (pet and mounts). Is that the case?

Ps: i may also join but with real money. I have $$$ but no time...hahaha

Re: Son plays for Free...advices

I found Warrior to be the cheapest, very good for lixes in grps or solo, doesnt take as much lux either. And yes Pet and Mounts are expensive and takes time to get unless u buy plat. Although pets u shouldnt need for a while
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

In my opinion ranger would be best class for little amount of plat being used. Thats what i used when i played with no plat got into a clan killed bosses and farmed. Mount and pet tokens you can get through buying them from other players and also get them from bounty tokens you get from completing bounties.

I started a thread earlier asking for advice about the "friendliest" server. I have heard Epona is very good. But maybe wait for answers on that post to decide which server to play on. That will make some amount of difference in game experience and potentially economy, including playing for free.

The advice given here is my own, knowing that not all will share my opinion. However, you should know that cheap is the way I play. I have only spent a handful of real life dollars on extra bank slots and stat/skill reset books.

Best class to play for free or cheap: Ranger.
Best build and other advice for how to play it: http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2f58f8aa56

Reason it's cheap: This Ranger Build can heal itself without need for food/potions. It can manage mana without food/potions and uses items that can be reasonably bought with earned in-game money.

For me mage is the cheapest to play. You dont really need any lux(ofc you will be a whole lot stronger with lux but its not as needed as it is for other classes). You got energy shield which is like a big hp boost kinda. Energy boost which helps a lot of regen issues. Quest drops are easy to come by for mages doesnt matter if you are trying to buy earn from a clan its pretty easy to get. Skills are cheap and easy to get as well as rings if you choose ice

http://dragonsouls.gamerlaunch.com

The cheapest/easiest class to go with is probably Warrior, and the friendliest/most open server is Epona.
Ranger and rogue is also pretty easy, but there is a lot of competition with rogues so you may find some items you require as a rogue cost a lot.
Druid is very hard to play solo...
I'm not sure about mage. The items you need aren't all that expensive or hard to get, but it might be hard to play without lux items from shops.
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.

Warrior has very good survivability as well as some nice damage, rangers have great damage and can also self heal, mages can also be quite easy and cheap, I think your son should check out some of the guides in the class section on the forums to get a little insight of what each class is like
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Rogue and ranger become expensive at endgame due to the Haste and food required to kill bosses fast. Between my husband and I we have levelled all classes to endgame and I’d say the cheapest class for levelling is warrior and for endgame cheapest casters (mage/Druid). Druid is hard to level and mage with certains skills (pierce lure) can easily find a levelling group. So I’d edge towards warrior or mage overall.

I’d also disagree on epona for new players. There is a lot of of competition, both in lixing spots, farming gold, and at bosses due to the influx of players there who want to try something other than a dominant server. I have a toon on epona and found it way harder to progress compared to my home server, even with experience behind me and a bunch of platinum. Yea it’s friendly but there are SO MANY new players it’s dog eat dog. I’d recommend a dom clan server with a feeder clan for easy progression.
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
Penny Dreadful - 220 Tank Warrior
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
DreadOnFire - 220 Fire Mage
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh
Celtic Heroes noob since September 2017

A player can play quite effectively without spending real money. The key is making good decisions, being patient (as the newest toy is always expensive), and investing resources (including time) wisely based on the manner of play. The only necessary things that require plat are hotbar slots. Everything else is tradable. If the ingame ads system works again that is a way to get plat without spending real money. Additionally, rare fishing rewards include plat. Even pets abs mounts can be earned without plat through the bounty quests, given the right amount of consistency, patience, and wise long term decision making.

Others have given advice about classes, so I won’t go there.
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

For me mage is the cheapest to play. You dont really need any lux(ofc you will be a whole lot stronger with lux but its not as needed as it is for other classes). You got energy shield which is like a big hp boost kinda. Energy boost which helps a lot of regen issues. Quest drops are easy to come by for mages doesnt matter if you are trying to buy earn from a clan its pretty easy to get. Skills are cheap and easy to get as well as rings if you choose ice
^ This

Mage is the cheapest, hands down, because we get free hp saving(e shield) and free energy regen in combat(e boost)
Rangers may have bolas, but a bad weapon wont achieve much, a weaponless mage will still obliterate stuff.

Also, learn the art of trading. It'll help you get to endgame and then some if you can do it right.
You can take some tips from my videos/watch how I do it if you want
https://www.youtube.com/furyion
Or you could ask me anything directly if you want to learn about it.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr