Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Skills revamp

So one thing many players have complained about and requested is class balancing. I'd like to use this thread as both a sounding board for skills players would like to see fixed. I'd also like VR feedback (if possible) on what is possible to fix within a certain time frame (1 skill fixed per week, 2 skills fixed per week, 1 skill per class fixed per 3 weeks, etc).

While spirit mounts are cool and all that, it'd be nice to get some changes that directly impact game play. I realize VR is still getting the update stable for all players. But I figure there's no issue in starting discussions on upcoming changes we'd like to see.

For druids, I'd like to start with vines, swarm, and breath. What I'd like to see is vines and swarm do dmg on contact (like rend, rupture) along with the dot dmg. This would at least not cause 2 of the druids dps skills to be totally worthless if more than 1 is present with the same skills. I'd also like vines to have the same cast time as swarm and for swarm to have the same duration as vines. With breath, I'd just like it to have the same cast time as touch.

in future raid drops for druids, I wouldn't mind seeing some ward gear that boosts the percentage of wards. For example, a brace would drop that would give +10 to all elemental wards, with some focus or nature magic, and boosts all elemental wards by 15% (just throwing out random numbers).

I get that all classes do need tweaking. But I think all classes could have a skill or 3 tweaked independently that wouldn't create more disparity than there already is.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: Skills revamp

Mage - freeze skill - should be instant damage with DoT (I’ve always thought that this should me a MELT effect DoT) would be awesome.

Thanks VR.
Freeze is not a dps skill thou.
Frost bite is the ice mage’s dot. And as far as I remember, it does damage upon cast.

Mage - freeze skill - should be instant damage with DoT (I’ve always thought that this should me a MELT effect DoT) would be awesome.

Thanks VR.
Freeze is not a dps skill thou.
Frost bite is the ice mage’s dot. And as far as I remember, it does damage upon cast.
Please do not make freeze a damage skill!! Frostbite has initial dmg and dot.
Warrior - Crom
220+ Tank
Striving to be adequate
Proud Clanswoman of Seed

Thanks VR.
I don’t agree with that at all. If you want it changed maybe making it like shield bash? Where damage has no effect in cancelling the freeze. Obviously drop the freeze time but that’d be way more useful. Freeze was meant for mages to be able to control Mobs and while lixing you can freeze a mob and lure it before attacking.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Thanks VR.
I don’t agree with that at all. If you want it changed maybe making it like shield bash? Where damage has no effect in cancelling the freeze. Obviously drop the freeze time but that’d be way more useful. Freeze was meant for mages to be able to control Mobs and while lixing you can freeze a mob and lure it before attacking.
this ain’t 2012 levelling tho bud. it for skill to be more relevant not obsolete or confined to one off big bosses.

if your talking about a more about control mobs/levelling in lures future skill revamp 2018 onwards you should have SCATTER effect lure where it throws on mobs in 6 metres radius ...less powerful but is a lot more what I call relevant. And a skill revamp.

Rangers:
- Longshot: should be unavoidable. Get rid of the stupid range thing. Slightly decrease cast time.

- Explosive arrow: I said it before, this skill should be like firestorm... you’re shooting someone with a bomb, it should do some serious damage lol. Decrease cast time

- Barbed shot: decrease cast time.

- defensive spike: needs a major damage buff.

I think the main issue with a lot of dps skills is that they have too slow of a cast time and that extra time it takes to cast the skill isn’t worth the loss of autos... making the skill useless
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I agree with the previous Ranger suggestions, especially Explosive Arrow. What an interesting skill that would be fun to use! But ultimately far too weak to be useful.

In addition to making it useful (more damage, faster cast time) I would like to see Rangers to get about 3 more AoE skills. A skill like Bolas that slows multiple enemies simultaneously. A version of Barbed Shot (or a replacement of Barbed Shot) that does DoT to multiple enemies. And a skill that stuns all enemies within a certain range or maybe an AoE Entangle that affects multiple mobs simultaneously.

OF COURSE I am implying that these skills would need to be balanced. Using them directed on a single enemy would be more powerful against that one enemy than spreading out the effect on multiple enemies. but I am not thinking out everything right now, just making a general suggestion.

Bottom line:
It would be nice to see a totally new play-style introduced into CH. That play-style being an AoE crowd control character. The suggestion is nowhere near original, lots of other games have such a thing. Ranger is the best class for it - even the description of Ranger when you create a new one lists "Control" as one of the important aspects. Basically you could choose to play a Ranger in the traditional way(s) or you could train the AoE skills and make an AoE Ranger.