Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Best Build for Endgame Ice Mage

I'm late to the party. I gave up on mage and mained a ranger to help my clan for a while. I lost motivation to build until Sn0wflake visited mabon and convinced me to hop to rose to check out their build. My name on mabon is old greg, and I'm a 205 ice mage with full occult. I currently have the 7th highest skills hit on my server, and the only person on the first 2 pages under 220 and highest on the list with no DG armor. This is my setup

Skain shrive set / Dynamic perceptior ammy
Hoarfrost misc (hotswap for the skain misc when necral chill is activated)
X2 ice shard/frostbite gelebron braces
X2 godly eternal night rings
Royal endless night ring (when not using skain build)
Gele skill rings for:
Firebolt
Ice shards
Ice blast
Other hotswapped items:
Void energy sheild skull
+8 e sheild/ frost bite ring
Shrouding misc
Shaddow sacrifice skull
Imperial sacrifice armlet
Void wand of necral chill
Imperial blaze wand
Royal frosiron wand
Shaddow ice magic mord grim
Some more randoms laying around but that's the important ones.

Sorry If it is sloppy. This is my first post outside of bug reports for the beta. Huge shout out to sn0wflake, I haven't seen you since then, but I've wanted to tell you that you really put the light back in my eye for mages that day. I try to watch all of forevers YouTube videos and see you in them often. One day when I have more time I would love to build a toon over there and join. *-*

I'm late to the party. I gave up on mage and mained a ranger to help my clan for a while. I lost motivation to build until Sn0wflake visited mabon and convinced me to hop to rose to check out their build. My name on mabon is old greg, and I'm a 205 ice mage with full occult. I currently have the 7th highest skills hit on my server, and the only person on the first 2 pages under 220 and highest on the list with no DG armor. This is my setup

Gele skill rings for:
Firebolt
Ice shards
Ice blast
Other hotswapped items:
Void energy sheild skull
Shrouding misc
Shaddow sacrifice skull
Imperial blaze wand
Royal frosiron wand

Sorry If it is sloppy. This is my first post outside of bug reports for the beta. Huge shout out to sn0wflake, I haven't seen you since then, but I've wanted to tell you that you really put the light back in my eye for mages that day. I try to watch all of forevers YouTube videos and see you in them often. One day when I have more time I would love to build a toon over there and join. *-*
All ima say is having high skill hits is cool, but it’s meaningless past a cool leaderboard flex. DPS matters more than D. As such, you should really try to add some necro CDR braces into your build and a gele bolt CDR misc if you can find one.
Gele braces are nice for the skillpoint hump but unfortunately kind of suck DPS wise.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

I honestly assumed that was a meme build when I saw a shrive set and sacrifice and e shield skulls as swaps I know for a fact your not triple swapping cd so it must be purely for skill points in which case why would you max sacrifice
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Retirement dident work out for me .-.

Gele skill rings for:
Firebolt
Ice shards
Ice blast
Other hotswapped items:
Void energy sheild skull
Shrouding misc
Shaddow sacrifice skull
Imperial blaze wand
Royal frosiron wand

So you wear full occult? Just curious, since ancient beastbone legs give ice blast dmg boost. Occult skirt is firestorm if memory serves.
Warrior - Crom
220+ Tank
Striving to be adequate
Proud Clanswoman of Seed

Gele skill rings for:
Firebolt
Ice shards
Ice blast
Other hotswapped items:
Void energy sheild skull
Shrouding misc
Shaddow sacrifice skull
Imperial blaze wand
Royal frosiron wand

So you wear full occult? Just curious, since ancient beastbone legs give ice blast dmg boost. Occult skirt is firestorm if memory serves.

Before I recently gotten my edl, I did wear full occult. Now I use the full edl at Chaos mobs and mix occ and edl for daily driving. I only use the occult breast plate and boots unless I am shooting for new high scores, if I am at the training dummy I swap out for my occult gloves as well

I honestly assumed that was a meme build when I saw a shrive set and sacrifice and e shield skulls as swaps I know for a fact your not triple swapping cd so it must be purely for skill points in which case why would you max sacrifice
It is Indeed for skill points. I try to swap 2-4 items per skill so I can avoid taking any points from dps, and still having some extra half useful skills. I'm still new to the terminology and not quite sure what triple CD swapping is. But I do hotbar swap at least one item for every skill in my builds.
I upgraded my imperial sacrifice armlet to a godly the other day. This + an alchemical ring with high ice magic can restore around 600 energy, paired with a 25% recast skull I can usually make it through long 6* fights. I only use this when I run out of energy when on heroic lixs, and in between dps cooldowns.
Hope this helped !

It is Indeed for skill points. I try to swap 2-4 items per skill so I can avoid taking any points from dps, and still having some extra half useful skills. I'm still new to the terminology and not quite sure what triple CD swapping is. But I do hotbar swap at least one item for every skill in my builds.
I upgraded my imperial sacrifice armlet to a godly the other day. This + an alchemical ring with high ice magic can restore around 600 energy, paired with a 25% recast skull I can usually make it through long 6* fights. I only use this when I run out of energy when on heroic lixs, and in between dps cooldowns.
Hope this helped !
CD with reference to the MMO genre usually refers to Cooldown gear, as in gear that reduces the time it takes for skills or abilities to be ready to be cast again, not to be confused with cast time which refers to the time it takes to cast or apply an ability or skill.
in the game, there is a glitch that allows players to hot-swap CDR gear (cooldown reduction) in order to take advantage of cooldown effects without needing the gear on full time.
Krummy was mostly satirizing your use of sacrifice, as the skill is usually more harmful than beneficial as well as just downright useless the vast majority of the time. Eboost is much more practical, and even then is largely useless at EG due to energy output compared to the input from such skills. Also shrive set is not loved by EG mages anymore, not really since 2015. The set just doesn't offer enough bonuses. A smolach ammy or Bt ammy is preferred.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at