Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: hero transfer

I'd just like to see where players can log their toons into any server seeing as how many have friends that play on other servers. If nothing was going on in one server, they could go help in another. I'd be fine with binding gear to servers to avoid players from acquiring gear for the purposes of selling.
Personally the binding of gear to a server would be a little suffocating, could you move servers with a bare toon and be any use at all ? If gear was acquired to pass to those on another server where gear was sparce then fine. If gear was acquired to sell for gold, then also fine. I'd think any outcome where gear was available where it wasn't before would be a good outcome. Those trapped in places dominated by one clan with a no sell policy could acquire gear via the gold they can farm instead. From another server. Free movement would create so much more opportunity, for those active and resourceful enough to make the most of it.
I could go to a roll server, acquire as much gear as possible, then just go back to another server and enjoy the gear there or sell it for higher prices for a quick buck. Easy.

I'd just like to see where players can log their toons into any server seeing as how many have friends that play on other servers. If nothing was going on in one server, they could go help in another. I'd be fine with binding gear to servers to avoid players from acquiring gear for the purposes of selling.
That would definitely be an interesting aspect if it were implemented. One big worry would be server strain...if a lot of people decide to rush to one server, that server could run into some pretty big lag issues. Jagex is bigger than VR, and also has had a LOT more success...plus it's very hard to compare PC to Mobile MMOs. So while many servers works well for Runescape, it probably won't for CH. Plus, Runescape's game world is way bigger than CH's.

One of the biggest cons (imo) for cross-server is names. The same player and clan names can be used on different servers. That means that if I (Eragon123) travel to Lugh (which has an Eragon123) what happens? I can think of a few possiblities....
1. Every single person with conflicting names would have to change their name.
It might be set up so that the oldest character with the name can keep it...but that would cause a lot of trouble. Some random person on Lugh may have made a toon named Eragon123 in 2011, got to level 10, then quit, and now I gotta change my name. That'd be annoying.
Another option would be to set it up so that the highest level character with that name can keep it....but that would also lead to issues. It could also be worse for the community imo...resentment could grow by seeing someone with what used to be your name, just because they were a few levels higher than you and from a different server originally.
Either way, it would lead to a lot of confusion...everyone suddenly has new names. It's not so big an issue on other servers that don't really care about the player interaction...but CH is so deeply rooted in it that changing names would majorly mess everything up. Scammers would run rampant.

2. There could be some way to permanently prefix/suffix the original server on to the name. i.e. Sulis_Eragon123 or Eragon123_Sulis. That would be a little better...but it would mess up people's names.

3. There may also be a way to temporarily prefix/suffix the user's server onto their name, but only when on another server. e.g. on Sulis I'm just Eragon123, but when I move over to another server, I'm suddenly Eragon123_Sulis. This would be the best option IMO.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

That would definitely be an interesting aspect if it were implemented. One big worry would be server strain...if a lot of people decide to rush to one server, that server could run into some pretty big lag issues. Jagex is bigger than VR, and also has had a LOT more success...plus it's very hard to compare PC to Mobile MMOs. So while many servers works well for Runescape, it probably won't for CH. Plus, Runescape's game world is way bigger than CH's.

One of the biggest cons (imo) for cross-server is names. The same player and clan names can be used on different servers. That means that if I (Eragon123) travel to Lugh (which has an Eragon123) what happens? I can think of a few possiblities....
1. Every single person with conflicting names would have to change their name.
It might be set up so that the oldest character with the name can keep it...but that would cause a lot of trouble. Some random person on Lugh may have made a toon named Eragon123 in 2011, got to level 10, then quit, and now I gotta change my name. That'd be annoying.
Another option would be to set it up so that the highest level character with that name can keep it....but that would also lead to issues. It could also be worse for the community imo...resentment could grow by seeing someone with what used to be your name, just because they were a few levels higher than you and from a different server originally.
Either way, it would lead to a lot of confusion...everyone suddenly has new names. It's not so big an issue on other servers that don't really care about the player interaction...but CH is so deeply rooted in it that changing names would majorly mess everything up. Scammers would run rampant.

2. There could be some way to permanently prefix/suffix the original server on to the name. i.e. Sulis_Eragon123 or Eragon123_Sulis. That would be a little better...but it would mess up people's names.

3. There may also be a way to temporarily prefix/suffix the user's server onto their name, but only when on another server. e.g. on Sulis I'm just Eragon123, but when I move over to another server, I'm suddenly Eragon123_Sulis. This would be the best option IMO.
Actually u can compare runescape to CH very easily and the world feature can easily be use by a mobile game...why?...because jagex just released os runescape mobile which has the same world setup. Regarding the resources, even jagex had its limits and limited server numbers to 1000 toons, CH could do the same but with a smaller number like 150 for example.

Personally the binding of gear to a server would be a little suffocating, could you move servers with a bare toon and be any use at all ? If gear was acquired to pass to those on another server where gear was sparce then fine. If gear was acquired to sell for gold, then also fine. I'd think any outcome where gear was available where it wasn't before would be a good outcome. Those trapped in places dominated by one clan with a no sell policy could acquire gear via the gold they can farm instead. From another server. Free movement would create so much more opportunity, for those active and resourceful enough to make the most of it.
I could go to a roll server, acquire as much gear as possible, then just go back to another server and enjoy the gear there or sell it for higher prices for a quick buck. Easy.
Yes. But you can practically do that now anyway.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

In Order and Chaos they just make you change your name when you move to another server if someone already has that name. On my old dead server, my name was BadApple, but because it was taken on the server I was moving to they made me change it. Now my toon name is •BadApple•. I have yet to meet the other BadApple lol.

I understand that CH doesn’t allow the use of bullet points and other symbols, but I’m pretty sure we can somehow make it work. Even when I made my first CH toon, I couldn’t go with the name I wanted which is why I threw 1’s in there lol. Again, I have yet to meet the CH BadApple. I may be wrong, but I don’t think the name thing will be a huge issue unless your name is something like “DarkShadow” or Phantom Blade”. I think it gives you an opportunity to have another go at your name.
1BadApple1- 220 Ranger
1Blessed1- 215 Druid

Expect the bullsh¡t, Never accept it

Drawing by the amazing Angmar Reid

Assuming this excellent idea sank without trace ? :'(
It's an idea that's been around for years. It comes up every so often when someone gets in trouble on a server and wants to leave it, or gets bored and wants to try another server.

It didn't sink, I'm sure VR is still perfectly aware that it's a feature that players want (like OTM had known for the past several years). They just don't plan to do anything about it at the moment, and I doubt any amount of attention from players will be able to change their plan.

So less sank without trace, more floating without trace ?
Eh...I'd say it's more like an oil spill. Something that probably isn't very good for the environment, never really goes away...but falls out of the attention of the general public every so often (but not the company in charge of it!). :lol:

It's not a perfect analogy, I know. Oil spills don't really have any benefits, whereas some good may come of server transfers.

Anyways. My point is that VR is not forgetting that players want this. The only ones who might be forgetting it are the players...but just because this thread is dying down a little, doesn't mean that's the case.