Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: best ice mage gear eg

what would be the best ice mage gear/ swap for 220+, so as far as armour weps jewelry. have a good day
:lol:
Okay in this post i’ll legitimatly respond.
The question you are asking is super super super broad, and unfortunately impossible to answer.
The ideal gear is as follows:
Full DG
void wand of lunar shards
CG t10 ice offhand
Godly BT icemage ammy
Godly emberdrake fire bolt misc
Godly nectar brace of ice shards
Godly nectar brace of ice blast
Hotswap-> whatever maximizes DPS for that skill. BT shard ring, then gele rings for rest, prot for lures, and osan for attune, frostieon for e shield etc...
Non hotswap -> godly BT shard rings
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

what would be the best ice mage gear/ swap for 220+, so as far as armour weps jewelry. have a good day
:lol:
Okay in this post i’ll legitimatly respond.
The question you are asking is super super super broad, and unfortunately impossible to answer.
Full DG
void wand of lunar shards
CG t10 ice offhand
Godly BT icemage ammy
Godly emberdrake fire bolt misc
Godly nectar brace of ice shards
Hotswap-> whatever maximizes DPS for that skill. BT shard ring, then gele rings for rest, prot for lures, and osan for attune, frostieon for e shield etc...
Non hotswap -> godly BT shard rings
Fire bolt misc isn't ice mage and you're wrong anyway
Full DG
BT ice shards helm
void wand of lunar shards + Lunar blast for swap
CG t10 ice offhand
Godly BT icemage ammy
Godly bt ice mage misc
Godly mord brace of ice blast
RIngs: . x2 BT shard ring, then gele rings x3 (2 shards, 1 blast. Swap 1 shards and 1 blast gele ring). prot ring for lures, and osan for attune. EITHER remove a BT ring for a permanent BT shards ring OR cd swap a ice shards necro brace with a gele shards ring
Hi

Any ice mage who doesn't use firebolt isn't a DPS ice mage, same way any fire mage that doesn't use ice shards isn't a DPS fire mage. A DPS mage needs both shards and bolt, every form of the math, ig testing, and logical overlay spells this out.
The pre-BT math says that firebolt misc beats any blast boosting misc, but I will be honest that I haven't crunched the numbers since the new misc, but I doubt that enough of an increase is there to warrant the change. I'll have to ask krummy or someone who crunched the numbers to verify that, but as far as I am aware nothing has changed unless VR updates the underlying formulas for the classes (which would make the massive focus bump on the new misc have a larger chance in the fight)

Full DG
BT ice shards helm
True forgot Bt helm, ur right there
None have dropped though so :P but ya oopsies :? :oops:
If a mage is allowed 2+ void wands they should also swap a bolt wand in there as well. I know a decent amount of servers limit how many weapons you can have on a toon so I didn't include that as I didn't feel it reasonable (especially with drop rates), but yes if you can swap for each do it.
Godly bt ice mage misc
Would go back to whether or not you have access to math I haven't seen yet. As an icemage with a maxed bolt (aka, bolt without attune or prioritized gear) you can hit a 6-8k bolt, especially with full DG. Bolt is a 7 second skill. 7k dmg/7 seconds is 1k per second, +25% gain in DPS is 1250k DPS per second gain. Currently this is higher than the small bump in blast damage given in the new misc since focus doesn't really have any effect for EG DPS mages.
Sadly no, double CDR brace set up still wins hands down because the 1000 boost to a skill with poor CD time and long cast time and a small 5% bump in CDR (Assuming godly tier BT CDR ring) just doesn't compete with the new direct damage rings, at least not now with current formulas. The ring sacrifice just doesn't compete unfortunately.
The only argument is for fire mages with a godly BT bolt ring as it would be a 10% faster bump, but even then it's a stretch.
glad to see my autocorrect isn't the only one that hates its user :lol:
RIngs: . x2 BT shard ring, then gele rings x3 (2 shards, 1 blast. Swap 1 shards and 1 blast gele ring). prot ring for lures, and osan for attune. EITHER remove a BT ring for a permanent BT shards ring OR cd swap a ice shards necro brace with a gele shards ring
No need for a permanent shards gele ring, just isn't needed. Extra skill points are cool, but just drop e shield, doesn't really do much at EG unfortunately. 3 BT shard rings will provide maximum DPS in nonhotswap spot, and then swapping for each skill to get maximum buff delivers the largest DPS.
Bob The God

Any ice mage who doesn't use firebolt isn't a DPS ice mage, same way any fire mage that doesn't use ice shards isn't a DPS fire mage. A DPS mage needs both shards and bolt, every form of the math, ig testing, and logical overlay spells this out.
The pre-BT math says that firebolt misc beats any blast boosting misc, but I will be honest that I haven't crunched the numbers since the new misc, but I doubt that enough of an increase is there to warrant the change. I'll have to ask krummy or someone who crunched the numbers to verify that, but as far as I am aware nothing has changed unless VR updates the underlying formulas for the classes (which would make the massive focus bump on the new misc have a larger chance in the fight)

Full DG
BT ice shards helm
If a mage is allowed 2+ void wands they should also swap a bolt wand in there as well. I know a decent amount of servers limit how many weapons you can have on a toon so I didn't include that as I didn't feel it reasonable (especially with drop rates), but yes if you can swap for each do it.
Godly bt ice mage misc
Would go back to whether or not you have access to math I haven't seen yet. As an icemage with a maxed bolt (aka, bolt without attune or prioritized gear) you can hit a 6-8k bolt, especially with full DG. Bolt is a 7 second skill. 7k dmg/7 seconds is 1k per second, +25% gain in DPS is 1250k DPS per second gain. Currently this is higher than the small bump in blast damage given in the new misc since focus doesn't really have any effect for EG DPS mages.
Sadly no, double CDR brace set up still wins hands down because the 1000 boost to a skill with poor CD time and long cast time and a small 5% bump in CDR (Assuming godly tier BT CDR ring) just doesn't compete with the new direct damage rings, at least not now with current formulas. The ring sacrifice just doesn't compete unfortunately.
The only argument is for fire mages with a godly BT bolt ring as it would be a 10% faster bump, but even then it's a stretch.
No need for a permanent shards gele ring, just isn't needed. Extra skill points are cool, but just drop e shield, doesn't really do much at EG unfortunately. 3 BT shard rings will provide maximum DPS in nonhotswap spot, and then swapping for each skill to get maximum buff delivers the largest DPS.
He asked for ice gear not fire so don't include fire gear. Also why are you quoting my ice blast mord brace? CD swapping a shards brace beats not cd swapping it everyday of the week
Hi

Full DG
BT ice shards helm
Godly bt ice mage misc
He asked for ice gear not fire so don't include fire gear. Also why are you quoting my ice blast mord brace? CD swapping a shards brace beats not cd swapping it everyday of the week
Ice mages need to use bolt, thus bolt gear needs to be included.
And for the CD swaps it only works if you get it right almost 100% of the time and assuming you have no lag, large enough screen size, and you have the reflexes to do it.
So yes, if you can you should, but there is a really good argument for why players shouldn’t as well. This is why I prefaced my original answer with that the OP question is really impossible to answer.
Bob The God

Ice = Ice Shards + Ice Blast
Fire = Fire Bolt + Firestorm
Hybrid = Any combo of these with at least one different element

Theres no such thing as a ice mage with fire bolt, or a fire mage with ice shards, its a hybrid.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Theres no such thing as a ice mage with fire bolt, or a fire mage with ice shards, its a hybrid.
No offense fury but you haven’t played in a bit...
An ice mage can not compete with any form of DPS without using bolt, same way a fire mage cannot compete with any other DPS without shards...
Back in the day this wasn’t really the build, but since tower was introduced, all DPS EG mages have had to build themselves these ways.
A hybrid mage is a DPS mage, and due to attune a hybrid mage either focuses ice or fire and then uses the corresponding AOE and DOT skill, thus due to their necessary leaning they are either fire or ice. A hybrid mage by its original definition is a mage who is in the middle, uses all of the available DPS skills with no real allegiance to an element. This build doesn’t work anymore and is largely outdated, yet some older players still use these builds.
Bob The God

No offense fury but you haven’t played in a bit...
An ice mage can not compete with any form of DPS without using bolt, same way a fire mage cannot compete with any other DPS without shards...
Back in the day this wasn’t really the build, but since tower was introduced, all DPS EG mages have had to build themselves these ways.
A hybrid mage is a DPS mage, and due to attune a hybrid mage either focuses ice or fire and then uses the corresponding AOE and DOT skill, thus due to their necessary leaning they are either fire or ice. A hybrid mage by its original definition is a mage who is in the middle, uses all of the available DPS skills with no real allegiance to an element. This build doesn’t work anymore and is largely outdated, yet some older players still use these builds.
Completely missed what I said, and the fact that I don't actively play my mage doesn't mean anything. In fact, I help alot of people with their endgame builds, not just mages... But we'll go past that.

We are talking definitions here, if someone says fire, its assumed they are pure fire.

Hybrids today HAVE to main one element(attunes requirement), so you say fire hybrid, or ice hybrid. Its a million times easier then saying fire mage with ice shards.

As one of the original planners on hybrids, I know how they work...

It was a thing since the beginning of the game, but as levels, caps, and gear got better it got more and more possible to sustain solo. It was the best build... forever, but it was basically impossible to get gear good enough for bolt/storm/shard AND lure during the otherworld(could run it if other mages had lure), with carrow adding attune, it added another skill that had to be maxed out for more power, but there was more levels and better skill point gear so it was possible with good gear. When the tower hit, point gear went up to 15, and more levels/caps were added in, so it was possible to solo sustain all of the dmg skills needed, attune, and both lures with good enough gear. In future expansions, it will be forced apon the players who run pure builds, as there will be a huge surplus of points if the cap is kept at 50.

It is also used by people who cant find/afford firestorm, in some situations.

But, we can talk a little about hybrids while we are at it. Using DOTs is a pretty bad idea on hybrids. As it stands, they are extremely lackluster, not only does it take 20/30 seconds to deal all of its damage, but it deals less then a proper firebolt/ice shard. You'd probably be better off using ice blast(and i dont recommend that as a hybrid either, unless you dont have good rct).

Maybe... I can write one last mage guide, its the only one we are missing.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr