Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Why aren't people using the forums anymore?

Just had a look at recent posts and since I last was active on the forums it looks like activity is way down. I guess I was last active maybe 6 months ago, just before CG and the VR takeover. I can't work out whether it is because there are just less people on the game, less to talk about or if it's something related to the change to VR from OTM ... I would be interested to hear people's thoughts and how activity could be increased as it was always pretty fun here.

(P.s. sorry if there is already a thread about this, I didn't do much looking around)
Pizzazz 222 mage - Epona

Retired ♥
Eurydice 223 mage - Gwydion

Re: Why aren't people using the forums anymore?

Just had a look at recent posts and since I last was active on the forums it looks like activity is way down. I guess I was last active maybe 6 months ago, just before CG and the VR takeover. I can't work out whether it is because there are just less people on the game, less to talk about or if it's something related to the change to VR from OTM ... I would be interested to hear people's thoughts and how activity could be increased as it was always pretty fun here.

(P.s. sorry if there is already a thread about this, I didn't do much looking around)
I think there is just nothing exciting to talk about right now. And many players have switched their communications to other apps.

I think there is just nothing exciting to talk about right now. And many players have switched their communications to other apps.
Pretty much ya. When the new beta drops there will be plenty of talk I believe.

Pretty much ya. When the new beta drops there will be plenty of talk I believe.
True, the last couple months has been pretty slow in terms of events and stuff due to the Unity update, so people are probably not as active. I’m sure someone would say it’s becasue of “lack of free speech” from morderators or not “listening to feedback,” but it’s been a slow couple months and people are mostly likely just reading the posts, rather than posting them.

Ah that's nice to hear, maybe things will pick up with the next beta :D

I met like all my cross server friends through here and I love that. #BringBackTheForums
Pizzazz 222 mage - Epona

Retired ♥
Eurydice 223 mage - Gwydion

Yes I think it is just a quiet spurt at the moment, there is nothing new happening really. We are waiting for the new engine to try out but then once that’s done may be new content to chew.

Some people have moved on since the holidays are over with either college uni or jobs there will be a new crowd soon enough..
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +

Something to do with snowflakes and a locked thread
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

censorship? Is it just me or are threads getting deleted
Threads don’t get deleted. Most of the time, threads that seem as if they were deleted were simply moved to a more appropriate subsection of the forum (e.g. Feedback and Suggestions, Bug Reports, the correct server forum, etc). It’s just that most people don’t seem to bother checking the other sections, so if they don’t see a thread in General Discussion anymore, they think it got deleted. It wouldn’t really be an issue if people were a little more self aware and posted in the right place to begin with.

In the past, threads have occasionally been moved to an admin only forum (where players can’t see the threads anymore) but that only happens if the thread has become so toxic that there is nothing of use in the thread. To my knowledge, that hasn’t happened in months, because the moderators and admins have been better at locking posts as they descend into chaos.

As for the OP, I agree with others here that it’s just because there hasn’t been any new content. Once some more new stuff is released, the forums will get busier with people discussing and complaining about the new things :roll: .
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

censorship? Is it just me or are threads getting deleted
Threads don’t get deleted. Most of the time, threads that seem as if they were deleted were simply moved to a more appropriate subsection of the forum (e.g. Feedback and Suggestions, Bug Reports, the correct server forum, etc). It’s just that most people don’t seem to bother checking the other sections, so if they don’t see a thread in General Discussion anymore, they think it got deleted. It wouldn’t really be an issue if people were a little more self aware and posted in the right place to begin with.

In the past, threads have occasionally been moved to an admin only forum (where players can’t see the threads anymore) but that only happens if the thread has become so toxic that there is nothing of use in the thread. To my knowledge, that hasn’t happened in months, because the moderators and admins have been better at locking posts as they descend into chaos.

As for the OP, I agree with others here that it’s just because there hasn’t been any new content. Once some more new stuff is released, the forums will get busier with people discussing and complaining about the new things :roll: .
Nah. They get deleted.