Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Border jumping

Was discussing it not long ago and now I’m actually pretty curious

Everyone knows about using bugs provided by the game to jump the invisible borders. But can you get in trouble for it?

If it’s purely for fun and you don’t gain from it, should be fine right?

But I presume it’s bad when you do abuse it for benefit?

Re: Border jumping

Everyone knows about using bugs provided by the game to jump the invisible borders. But can you get in trouble for it?

As far as I know, you are right. If it's just used for having fun and checking out the behind the scenes stuff, it's not really a problem...the issue comes when it's being used as shortcuts to bosses or to skirt around more dangerous parts of the map. VR tries to fix the bugs, but some of them are just so weird and random (*cough shadowstrike cough*) that not much can be done.
Even if it has no possible game impact at all, VR will still do their best to fix it...they (rightly) don't want to leave bugs in the game, even if they are completely harmless (or benefit the players).

Of course, that's just my opinion, and the general idea from when OTM ran things, VR may have different ideas. I also want to point out that Support can't divine your intentions. If they get a report that you are using the wall jumping as a cheat method, and it looks like you may be (even if you don't mean to) there is a chance you could get in trouble.

Basically, like every grey area, no one is stopping you from doing it, but be careful...and don't complain if you get in trouble.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

As far as I know, you are right. If it's just used for having fun and checking out the behind the scenes stuff, it's not really a problem...the issue comes when it's being used as shortcuts to bosses or to skirt around more dangerous parts of the map. VR tries to fix the bugs, but some of them are just so weird and random (*cough shadowstrike cough*) that not much can be done.
Even if it has no possible game impact at all, VR will still do their best to fix it...they (rightly) don't want to leave bugs in the game, even if they are completely harmless (or benefit the players).

Of course, that's just my opinion, and the general idea from when OTM ran things, VR may have different ideas. I also want to point out that Support can't divine your intentions. If they get a report that you are using the wall jumping as a cheat method, and it looks like you may be (even if you don't mean to) there is a chance you could get in trouble.

Basically, like every grey area, no one is stopping you from doing it, but be careful...and don't complain if you get in trouble.
You becoming new community manager soon?
Hi

Not that I'm aware of lol. If I wake up one morning and have a red name, I'll be in trouble....

I'm just tired of all the misinformation that's been spreading around recently. If I see a thread and have a pretty good idea of the official stance on it, I'll post what I know. Obviously, I don't know the secrets behind the scenes, but I like to think that after playing for several years I have a pretty good idea of why the company does what it does. Getting into app/web development also makes me empathize a bit more with dealing with technology and functionality limits, and also logistical issues...just because the client(players) want something doesn't mean it will work out for the better.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

:lol: pretty much:
I'm assuming you are looking for an official admin response, but my guess is: only Open Beta, Testflight for IOS and Highland Warriors for Android, and a hidden Beta Testers sub forum for bugs.
You’re hired.
Idk about red, but green name will probably happen lol.

And yeah, there're quite a few places in CG especially where it can happen easily, but as long as it can't be used to exploit the game, the devs are ok with it (hence the chicken on N pen in Lirs).

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Great question! Eragon123 is right, as long as these kinds of issues are not being used to exploit (gain an unfair advantage by using bugs/glitches) it's less of a fire that the dev team has to put out, but we don't recommend that this should be performed and instead report it to us in the Bug Reports section of the forum. ;)