Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Why the Bloodthorn Change and Future Drop Changes are BAD

I wish some of these older maxed out players would get bored, or find something else to do in game. Being at a level 130 boss you need, with 5 or 6 friends that are all between levels 120 to 160 and having to fight for lock against 14 to 18 level 220+ gelebron gear equipped players, is getting real old. I like the game, but high levels soloing stonvale bosses on spawn then trying to sell you the drops is ruining the game for me

Re: Changes - Bloodthorn loot

I moved the "Why the Bloodthorn Change and Future Drop Changes are BAD" into this topic.

Please keep all relevant discussions about the Bloodthorn loot changes in this thread to make it easier to read your feedback for us and the community.
Thanks!

What are your views on the topic?
Wattzon of Sulis

The game is slowly dying. No doubt about that. People are leaving every other day because a lack of content/updates, or there being no transparency from the owner regarding OTM.

That is not to say that the game doesn't have a chance to go upwards instead of the downwards curve it is in currently. We will eventually see how consistent and faithful VR is to updates when their build finally goes through. With a little bit of advertising this MMO really does have the potential to explode like Clash of Clans, since this is truly one of the only two free to play MMOs that actually looks and plays decently on the mobile market.

Meanwhile changes like the Bloodthorn guaranteed one imperial per kill is not safe for the game, YET.

The change actually reduces the chance at a helm as you will guarantee get a jewelry slot item now compared to 1/4th of a chance prior to the update. Players would be far more excited to see helms dropping than an imperial dagger ring, it could motivate players for several months to kill Bloodthorn, and seeing this reduced change can be massively demotivating.

My main argument here is that buffing any drop rate does more harm to the game than it does good currently. If you haven't noticed already, we have had a new raid approximately every 3 years, which is unfortunate but understandable given the small team size OTM had. Endgame players stick so long do this game because 1: to socialize with friends they've made during their years on this game, 2: waiting for their desired end game loot to drop.

The players that stick around for end game loot will have less drive to play a game IF they're already fully kitted because there is NOTHING to do on here with rarely any content updates. They would have to wait years to see another set of raids for fresh gear.

Right now we need to all assume that the next raid will be out in 2 years because VR has a similar size team to what OTM did and we all know how the latter performed with their updates. Do you really want stuff to drop imperials and godlies and shadows and voids and helms more often and ultimately get bored of this game?

Whenever old raid gear gets outdated because of new ones (these have already been buffed for the older raids) AND if the VR team proves to us that they can dish out content updates much quicker, a new set of raids every 1-2 years instead of 3+, new levelling zones every 2 years, content update every 2-3 months, ONLY then should current drop rates ever be increased.

Do share your views.
Huge -1
You forgot to factor couple things. First, even if the guaranteed drop is godly, there is still a chance of it being a trash item regardless of its tier, thuse making players kill the boss more. Second, this boss requires alot more effort and playees than gele, if players are often rewarded trash royal melee ammies then they would quit even faster.
In addition, players who desire the best gear have already quit because even 7-6 years after mordris was released the game hardly even has 1 void moon helm and a handful of godly bow/dagger rings across servers. As for the more recent bosses like gele and prot, they have the same issue as well where gele rarely ever drops weapons or other desirable drops like that bow bracelet. Considering all of that, I was confident BT is going to be the same but thankfully VR made this change.
The only downside i see from this change is less chance for the helm to drop.

The game is slowly dying. No doubt about that. People are leaving every other day because a lack of content/updates, or there being no transparency from the owner regarding OTM.

That is not to say that the game doesn't have a chance to go upwards instead of the downwards curve it is in currently. We will eventually see how consistent and faithful VR is to updates when their build finally goes through. With a little bit of advertising this MMO really does have the potential to explode like Clash of Clans, since this is truly one of the only two free to play MMOs that actually looks and plays decently on the mobile market.

Meanwhile changes like the Bloodthorn guaranteed one imperial per kill is not safe for the game, YET.

The change actually reduces the chance at a helm as you will guarantee get a jewelry slot item now compared to 1/4th of a chance prior to the update. Players would be far more excited to see helms dropping than an imperial dagger ring, it could motivate players for several months to kill Bloodthorn, and seeing this reduced change can be massively demotivating.

My main argument here is that buffing any drop rate does more harm to the game than it does good currently. If you haven't noticed already, we have had a new raid approximately every 3 years, which is unfortunate but understandable given the small team size OTM had. Endgame players stick so long do this game because 1: to socialize with friends they've made during their years on this game, 2: waiting for their desired end game loot to drop.

The players that stick around for end game loot will have less drive to play a game IF they're already fully kitted because there is NOTHING to do on here with rarely any content updates. They would have to wait years to see another set of raids for fresh gear.

Right now we need to all assume that the next raid will be out in 2 years because VR has a similar size team to what OTM did and we all know how the latter performed with their updates. Do you really want stuff to drop imperials and godlies and shadows and voids and helms more often and ultimately get bored of this game?

Whenever old raid gear gets outdated because of new ones (these have already been buffed for the older raids) AND if the VR team proves to us that they can dish out content updates much quicker, a new set of raids every 1-2 years instead of 3+, new levelling zones every 2 years, content update every 2-3 months, ONLY then should current drop rates ever be increased.

Do share your views.
Huge -1
You forgot to factor couple things. First, even if the guaranteed drop is godly, there is still a chance of it being a trash item regardless of its tier, thuse making players kill the boss more. Second, this boss requires alot more effort and playees than gele, if players are often rewarded trash royal melee ammies then they would quit even faster.
In addition, players who desire the best gear have already quit because even 7-6 years after mordris was released the game hardly even has 1 void moon helm and a handful of godly bow/dagger rings across servers. As for the more recent bosses like gele and prot, they have the same issue as well where gele rarely ever drops weapons or other desirable drops like that bow bracelet. Considering all of that, I was confident BT is going to be the same but thankfully VR made this change.
I agree and i doubt a void moon has dropped anywhere and until i see a ss of it i dont believe it.

I still fail to see why they change BT before touching Gele whos been out way longer.

Do share your views.
Huge -1
I agree and i doubt a void moon has dropped anywhere and until i see a ss of it i dont believe it.

I still fail to see why they change BT before touching Gele whos been out way longer.
Gele wasn’t touched so people could continue farming it in hopes of obtaining the better gear.

I really don’t like the current model and do hope VR are quicker with their updates so these drop rates can change.
Wattzon of Sulis

The change actually reduces the chance at a helm as you will guarantee get a jewelry slot item now compared to 1/4th of a chance prior to the update.
This is not accurate, the helm chance actually went slightly up.
It would be good to understand how was it increased, perhaps it'll save a lot of wasted feedbacks on helms and we could focus on things like ammies and rings.

We only killed one bt since the patch but it at least granted us godly pummel ring in the imperial+ slot. First godly we have so whether luck or not I do appreciate the change. I still believe helms should be dropped more before players spend countless amount of purenesses on dg helms that will be later completely wasted, considering how hard it is to complete a dg piece.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

The change actually reduces the chance at a helm as you will guarantee get a jewelry slot item now compared to 1/4th of a chance prior to the update.
This is not accurate, the helm chance actually went slightly up.
It would be good to understand how was it increased, perhaps it'll save a lot of wasted feedbacks on helms and we could focus on things like ammies and rings.

We only killed one bt since the patch but it at least granted us godly pummel ring in the imperial+ slot. First godly we have so whether luck or not I do appreciate the change. I still believe helms should be dropped more before players spend countless amount of purenesses on dg helms that will be later completely wasted, considering how hard it is to complete a dg piece.
If they did something with gele/prot. That dg bottleneck would be fixed tremendously