Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Rate the Last Movie(s) / TV Show(s) You've Watched

Rome - 2 seasons - 9/10

This HBO show is probably the reason Game of Thrones exists on the TV. Based on Caesar's reign and the succession afterwards while also looking at things through the Roman soldiers perspective. Very entertaining despite the fact that battles were cut off because of the already bloated budget, which was the highest at its time, and one of the reasons the show last two seasons. The writers did try to fit in fifteen years of history in the latter part of the second season so it will feel rushed at the cost of an ending.
You might like to try the Spartacus TV series. Be aware though, it's definitely not for kids. It has a lot of R rated content that Game of Thrones has. Also, they had to recast Spartacus in season 3 because the actor who played him died. Still, it's a good story and I think you'd enjoy it.
I have actually seen some scenes off YouTube and it looked mediocre, like a lesser cousin of Rome and Game of Thrones.

Since TV shows consist of hours in investment I only indulge in the highest quality of television. I have yet to watch quality stuff like The Shield, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood, and Sherlock, so Spartacus will be way down the ladder.
Wattzon of Sulis

The whole 007 James Bond starring Daniel Craig was disappointing.

First one was watchable, but the same cliched storyline in the rest of the films. Mission Impossible is similar but far more entertaining while Bourne is still the best spy series.
Bond is always extremely cliche, you know what you are getting. At least Daniel Craig is the best Bond to date imo.

Bourne is definitely the better spy series of the two.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Incredibles 2

4/10

Was entertaining at first but became super boring real fast. Major let down from the first one (grew up with the first one), but you may enjoy it if you’ve never seen the first one. 14 years to make this movie... they definitely could have done better.

Knowing Disney they’ll make another 3 movies to milk what’s left of the money cow until it’s dead /:
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Incredibles 2

4/10

Was entertaining at first but became super boring real fast. Major let down from the first one (grew up with the first one), but you may enjoy it if you’ve never seen the first one. 14 years to make this movie... they definitely could have done better.

Knowing Disney they’ll make another 3 movies to milk what’s left of the money cow until it’s dead /:
Sequels these days are idiotic.

Would rather watch TV shows. Films should only be stretched out if there is a story yet to tell, but like you've mentioned, major film studios are destroying legacies for money. Star Wars is taking a beating with the new trilogy, for example, and this pattern will continue in a numbed down society that gladly accepts dross like Avengers and Transformers with open hands.
Wattzon of Sulis

Sequels these days are idiotic.

Would rather watch TV shows. Films should only be stretched out if there is a story yet to tell, but like you've mentioned, major film studios are destroying legacies for money. Star Wars is taking a beating with the new trilogy, for example, and this pattern will continue in a numbed down society that gladly accepts dross like Avengers and Transformers with open hands.
This is why I am so excited for the new Star Wars live action tv series that is in progress - https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/t ... es-budget/.
The new Star Wars trilogy isn't that bad...it's just different, and people don't like change.

Marvel too, the movies are great, and honestly I've been viewing it as one mega TV series with 2.5 hour episodes instead of 45 mins, and a release timeline similar to Sherlock :lol:

I'd agree that TV shows are always better, simply because they can take feedback from their audience as it goes on. They also have the chance to delve much deeper into character stories and backgrounds. Just look at how much more well received the Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl tv series (even just the first seasons) are, compared to the DC movies. Even Marvels Agents of Shield was really really good for the first few seasons.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!