Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How far is the unity building going. %

Do you need beta testers for unity to see if it works on iPhone X etc.
We'll let you guys know about any beta plans once we're good to go with everything.
Only reason I haven’t upgraded to an iPhone X is because of Celtic Heroes :lol:
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Yes as Tadaaah mentioned we're hoping to have some promising news towards the end of this month, we're also working on a new feature alongside the update that we think is pretty cool and will open up a lot of possibilities for the future. Don't want to get into specifics until it's fully tested and we're sure it'll make it into the unity update release.
Maybe the ability to split toons off of accounts? I'd love to get that feature added...

Yes as Tadaaah mentioned we're hoping to have some promising news towards the end of this month, we're also working on a new feature alongside the update that we think is pretty cool and will open up a lot of possibilities for the future. Don't want to get into specifics until it's fully tested and we're sure it'll make it into the unity update release.
Maybe the ability to split toons off of accounts? I'd love to get that feature added...
Yes this would be amazing, I think at least 90% of the community would want this. I am not sure how it is possible though.
They could copy accounts like they do for betas but then where do they put these toons? You would have to create another a account possibly but I’m not sure that would work.
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +

Yes this would be amazing, I think at least 90% of the community would want this. I am not sure how it is possible though.
They could copy accounts like they do for betas but then where do they put these toons? You would have to create another a account possibly but I’m not sure that would work.
That's exactly how it would work. You create a new account and request a toon from an existing account be copied over just like they do for Beta. The difference is that the toon on the source account is deleted when copied.

Account based items (auction slots, plat, etc.) stay on the source account. Just the toon and its items are moved.

Seems like they already have most of the code they'd need... :D

That's exactly how it would work. You create a new account and request a toon from an existing account be copied over just like they do for Beta. The difference is that the toon on the source account is deleted when copied.

Account based items (auction slots, plat, etc.) stay on the source account. Just the toon and its items are moved.

But what about security though?
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +

And that’s the main reason it’s not done...when accounts get traded, it’s already hard enough to find the original owner of the account. It would be even harder if people were constantly moving characters around accounts.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

And that’s the main reason it’s not done...when accounts get traded, it’s already hard enough to find the original owner of the account. It would be even harder if people were constantly moving characters around accounts.
I suspect they could figure this one out. They do seem to figure out account transactions, at least some of the time. :)

This may be a broader area for them to address anyway - that being account security, validation, etc.

I had to call AT&T today and those folks get right up next to doing a DNA test to authenticate accounts. Like someone is going to steal my phone number or pay my bill for me. :P