Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: What is the purpose of group exp penalty?

With the current bonus, it makes group levelling slightly advantageous (group of 4? That’s 90% more xp. The only reason you’d get less xp in this group vs solo is if the average dps of your group is half your solo average dps. Even if you spend more time running to mobs, or you have a Druid healer, you’d have the bonus on top of the extra survivability leading to more xp than solo- but not so much that solo / small group lixing isn’t an option.)

With your suggestion, it would be very op for large groups. Let’s say a group of 4 (small enough to always have mobs to kill in tower), you’d get 4x the xp compared to solo. Even if there’s a Druid, and you spent more time running to mobs, this is still a massive bonus compared to solo. What this would essentially do is remove the option of solo lixing, or lixing in a small group. If someone solo lixing gets 25% of the xp (likely even less because of the struggle of staying alive) compared to an 4-person group lixing, how is that fair? As it is now, they’d get about 50% which is more than enough of a gap.

Now that being said, I do believe it takes too long lixing at the higher levels. I’d support more mob xp, or less xp required to level especially around the lv200+ mark as it is such a tedious grind. But solo / small group lixing has to be an option. Some people have an uncommon Timezone, or struggle to find people to lix with. Group xp should be greater than solo, certainly, but not by the magnitude you’re suggesting- it has a pretty significant bonus as it is. What we really need is more xp for everyone, not just the people in large groups.
Arawn:
Shadow Queen - 220+ mage

People could solo lix all they want if they are that picky about cooperation in a MMORPG lmao. Reduce the exp needed to lvl, increase the exp drops... do whatever you want... leveling in this game will still be unfathomable (I like the filter haha). No one cares about how OP it will be, leveling could most certainly use a little OP rn because of how ridiculous it is. Leveling is the reason why players turn away from this game before eg. Yea there’s quests that help, but real grind started once you got past 200 edl room anyways (past the blossom quest)

Idk if you played way back in the day or remember your noob days... running around with a huge group killing mobs together is a ton of fun... more so than how leveling is set up now
Last edited by Zkills on Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Again, would be extremely easy to abuse, could multilog level 5 toons to 220 for it barely taking more time than 1 toon
I don't see this as abusive so much as much more convenient than spending months lixing each toon. I'm one of those that doesn't care for leveling but would be more apt to level more toons if it wasn't so redundantly boring to mindlessly click buttons for months on the same mobs over and over again.

Celtic heroes has one of the most boring leveling set ups compared to so many mmorpgs.
Right. VR could always place an exp barrier anyways to prevent it if people don’t like it.

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Instead of making the time needed to hit endgame less than a week have you thought of maybe just making the combat more fun? Rn the combat is extremely simple and dumbed down compared to other games, that is why most people complain about the time it takes to reach endgame.
#Don’tfixclasses

220 ranger
177+ druid
Belenus - Elementals

Instead of making the time needed to hit endgame less than a week have you thought of maybe just making the combat more fun? Rn the combat is extremely simple and dumbed down compared to other games, that is why most people complain about the time it takes to reach endgame.
Revamping combat would take too long but I agree. For now this is the best option to make leveling actually enjoyable

Revamping combat would take too long but I agree. For now this is the best option to make leveling actually enjoyable
Regardless on making combat more fun nobody wants to lix for that long. Puts off too many player period
Hi