Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: What is the purpose of group exp penalty?

Zskills, it doesn't matter if the bonus is removed or not. It's about the time it takes to kill a mob.

Person A has op gear, it takes him 40 seconds to kill a mob, person B has bad gear, it takes 60 seconds for this person. If they level together, it takes them 25 seconds to kill a mob. The xp is 5000, so every 25 seconds each person gets 5000/2×1.3= 3250 xp.

15 minutes = 900 seconds
Solo person A: 900/40×5000= 112.500 xp
Solo person B: 900/60×5000= 75.000 xp
Solo A + Solo B: 112.500+75.000= 187.500 xp

Group: 900/25×3250= 117.000 xp per person.
Group together: 117.000×2= 234.000 xp
So the group xp is better.

Now, if the bonus were to be removed it would be removed.

1/2 of the xp per person
900/25×2500= 90.000 xp
Together: 90.000×2= 180.000 xp

100% of the xp per person (which I think you meant)
900/25×5000= 180.000 xp per person
Together: 180.000×2= 360.000 xp per person

So this pretty much shows that the point of the xp bonus is to make group leveling still beneficial for people regardless the difference in gear/build etc. Simply halfing the xp without a bonus would only benefit the lowest dps. Keeping the same xp regardless the amount of group members would be a ridiculous amount of xp, it's far too much as opposed to the xp you get without grouping. This system is being used with faction points, no penalties/bonuses for grouping, it's a good thing there, but with xp it's simply too over powered.
Ya basically what I was trying to convey but with math haha :)
I thought math visuals would help a little bit, but imagine getting 8 times the full xp with a full group :shock: at lvl 215+ that would only be 1 lix in arcane, not to mention all saving on resources and lixes (no haste, hp etc)
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

Zskills, it doesn't matter if the bonus is removed or not. It's about the time it takes to kill a mob.

Person A has op gear, it takes him 40 seconds to kill a mob, person B has bad gear, it takes 60 seconds for this person. If they level together, it takes them 25 seconds to kill a mob. The xp is 5000, so every 25 seconds each person gets 5000/2×1.3= 3250 xp.

15 minutes = 900 seconds

1/2 of the xp per person
900/25×2500= 90.000 xp

So this pretty much shows that the point of the xp bonus is to make group leveling still beneficial for people regardless the difference in gear/build etc. Simply halfing the xp without a bonus would only benefit the lowest dps. Keeping the same xp regardless the amount of group members would be a ridiculous amount of xp, it's far too much as opposed to the xp you get without grouping. This system is being used with faction points, no penalties/bonuses for grouping, it's a good thing there, but with xp it's simply too over powered.
Ya basically what I was trying to convey but with math haha :)
I thought math visuals would help a little bit, but imagine getting 8 times the full xp with a full group :shock: at lvl 215+ that would only be 1 lix in arcane, not to mention all saving on resources and lixes (no haste, hp etc)
Ya deff a lot clearer.
220 Druid SupremeDruid

You all are thinking about this waaaaaaay too hard lmao. Math... economies.... like what? Lol. The whole point is to make things easier for everyone

Think about it from the view point of a casual player that is trying to reach endgame for the first time... leveling in this game is waaaaaay too slow and costs a fortune. “Keeping the same xp regardless the amount of group members would be a ridiculous amount of xp”, who cares about ridiculous amounts of exp? It’s not even a ridiculous amount... 221 levels is a toooon of levels and it takes hours upon hours upon hours to get there, it needs to be easier. OTM tried fixing it with an exp curve but it honestly didn’t make a noticeable difference.

As for abusing it... who cares? You’re simply leveling toons the way they’re supposed to be leveled. You might be referring to leveling super low lvl toons on high lvl mobs with a high lvl alt, but that’s an easy fix.

Also thinking about it from a marketing stand point... as of now leveling to endgame takes too long. Make it easier to reach endgame means more endgame players. Players are more likely to stay and make new alts if they are endgame. More endgame players means more $$$. Also with the addition of BT clans need more endgame players more than ever
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

The changes to the xp curve made a significant difference actually, there are also a number of repeatable quests to do for players of all level ranges. If anything it is too easy to level nowadays.

As for the OP, the mechanics make sense and are there to prevent abuse, grouping is always better provided there are enough mobs and all members are contributing enough damage. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
#NerfIdolsCutBossHP #DecreaseRaidWindows

You all are thinking about this waaaaaaay too hard lmao. Math... economies.... like what? Lol. The whole point is to make things easier for everyone

Think about it from the view point of a casual player that is trying to reach endgame for the first time... leveling in this game is waaaaaay too slow and costs a fortune. “Keeping the same xp regardless the amount of group members would be a ridiculous amount of xp”, who cares about ridiculous amounts of exp? It’s not even a ridiculous amount... 221 levels is a toooon of levels and it takes hours upon hours upon hours to get there, it needs to be easier. OTM tried fixing it with an exp curve but it honestly didn’t make a noticeable difference.

As for abusing it... who cares? You’re simply leveling toons the way they’re supposed to be leveled. You might be referring to leveling super low lvl toons on high lvl mobs with a high lvl alt, but that’s an easy fix.
To put it in casual terms, "Just do it".
As of now, levels take a certain amount of plat items to complete (xp, hastes, etc) which cost a certain amount of gold (since most dont buy plat and get the plat items through in game gold). If you remove the exp needed you remove the number of items needed to achieve those levels which create two problems. 1. you undermine all of the work that people have put into the game to that point which would no doubt piss off most of the player base and 2. it would cause the amount of gold everyone has to increase drastically, which would cause gold to lose its purchasing power and create skyrocketed inflation.

Yes with a casual gamer mindset, this might not sound like a huge deal, however when you break it all down and analyze it, this would in time destroy the game. If you want to ignore all of the above think of it like this. VR doesn't work for free. If you take away their only source of income then they cant retain their staff and keep the game running. Talent and servers cost money. Otm brought about bounties and crits as a way to appease the consumer and take a part of the burden but all in all the dependency for plat is still there and always will be because OTM and now VR have a dependency on plat purchases for their livelihood. This suggestion is equivalent to your boss cutting your salary in half because the company wants to save money and then expecting you to sign off on it. Even with all of that in mind, this still isnt a pay to play game, you can go from lvl1 to 220 without buying any plat or even a single plat item. it is by now means a good option but it is there.

To sum this all up, from what i understand you want the levels to just be given to you, this just doesn't work. Nothing in this world comes for free, someone always pays wither in money, time, etc, and you will lose any and all satisfaction from having achieved the grind on top of it. I do think that there needs to be a lot more reward for all the work and effort not just endless hours of camping, but thats another topic all together. I dont wanna sound harsh, but if you (anyone who wants this implemented) cant handle the grind then maybe this isnt the game for ya.

Finally sorry to all for the long posts lmao
220 Druid SupremeDruid

15 minutes = 900 seconds

1/2 of the xp per person
900/25×2500= 90.000 xp

I'd say Mic Drop but this is more like throwing the Mic in a river
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

This is still an mmo and with mmo's comes grinding. No you don't have to buy platinum, I didn' either and I have multiple EG toons and am well geared. But if I use flowers and the OW questline I will need at least 300 lixes (75 hours) to get to 220, not considering the lux, gear, resources, farming the gold etc. If the whole system were to be changed EG would become meaningless and way too easy.
Let's make this easy and say I need a little bit more lixes, 400 lixes with your suggested change. Everyone you lix with does the same amount of time/mob.
400/8= 50 lixes. 50/4 = 12.5 hours.
Vs
400 lixes. 400/4 = 100 hours.
Thats 100-12.5= 87.5 hours time you are cutting off, being able to become endgame on a game like this in half a day seems just ridiculous to me, I could gather the lixes, resources, lux with a few friends and get a toon to EG on a day off.

As I said, this is an mmo, grinding is a part of it. You don't necessarily need platinum, I myself haven't bought any platinum yet I have multiple EG toons, well geared and I consider myself wealthy in game. But this is simply way way too overpowered and it would likely piss off every EG player in the game as everyone had to grind their way up.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

There would still be a grind... lixing with a group of 6-8 with no “bonus” would simply be the same as lixing solo but gaining exp at a slightly faster rate. Why is it slightly? Because realistically you can’t continuously kill mob after mob after mob... There will be waiting involved the more you have in your group. So you either wait or move on to higher level mobs which will balance things out on its own. I’m not sure why you all keep bringing math into this when it is not needed at all lol.

This will literally make everyone better off and saves many resources... especially for those who are druids or poorly geared. And no, it’s not even close to being OP. Just think about it instead of over complicating everything with math (which isn’t even correct because it doesn’t count for the endless amount of variables involved). Closest thing to OP exp would be in the waaaay later levels when you’re lixing in arcane or other 4* tower mobs... which most wouldn’t mind because going from 215-220 is the worst thing ever and those 4* mobs are ridiculously OP lol

I’m not quite sure on how a slight speed up in leveling would make endgame meaningless and boring? Considering the #1 reason why people quit this game before eg is because the leveling is TOO much of a grind
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Again, would be extremely easy to abuse, could multilog level 5 toons to 220 for it barely taking more time than 1 toon
I don't see this as abusive so much as much more convenient than spending months lixing each toon. I'm one of those that doesn't care for leveling but would be more apt to level more toons if it wasn't so redundantly boring to mindlessly click buttons for months on the same mobs over and over again.

Celtic heroes has one of the most boring leveling set ups compared to so many mmorpgs.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue