Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Oldschool RuneScape

It's already out on android for members with the full scale free to play launch probably after iOS, while the closed beta starts on August 30th for iOS.

Was wondering if any of the CH community previously or continues to play this very old MMO RPG. Did you stop? Why?
Wattzon of Sulis

Re: Oldschool RuneScape

Played osrs on and off here and there, with mates.

I probably could never get into it alone, spent so much time on my Runescape 2 account that I have no drive to start over.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

I stopped when they removed staking in duels and player killing in wilderness (like 2007?). I started in 99. At that time it was called MUDvayne or something I can’t really remember. Came back after I heard stakes/pk was brought back but then left again cuz experience scaling was just so toggled and this hot bar skill thing... Ppl were maxing skills in three months that use to take years lol. Like prayer and slayer etc. I have a post from last year about this. I’ve asked OTM at the time what their plans are on competing with this game. It’s going to take a lot of the ch community we barely have left or pull in I feel...

But anyway I’ll be playing both games I’m sure. I’ll miss my party hats Santa’s masks halfwines eastereggs discs of returns. Long live bunny ears and scythe. I killed Jad once with my scythe lmao. Lol damn Easter eggs halfwines and pumpkins... ate quite a few in my day trying to deposit them but forgot I had logged out earlier so when bank pins came up I clicked item and ate xD. Good times. BEST pvp in any game I’ve ever played. It’s such a joke these ppl crying in arena when u kill them lol. Try RuneScape — You would have lost your WHOLE inventory if u were skulled... well maybe not 1 item if u prayer was on lol.

But I still log onto runescape on pc just to show off rares or to get more even when twitch streamers are doing giveaways n stuff lol. The only reason I wear only wood crowns in ch is because of runescape party hats. Lol I guess when Jagex had sold, an old character developer from jagex started working for OTM as lead developer which is why much of the game kinda looks like runescape especially character modules.

I stopped when they removed staking in duels and player killing in wilderness (like 2007?). I started in 99. At that time it was called MUDvayne or something I can’t really remember. Came back after I heard stakes/pk was brought back but then left again cuz experience scaling was just so toggled and this hot bar skill thing... Ppl were maxing skills in three months that use to take years lol. Like prayer and slayer etc. I have a post from last year about this. I’ve asked OTM at the time what their plans are on competing with this game. It’s going to take a lot of the ch community we barely have left or pull in I feel...

But anyway I’ll be playing both games I’m sure. I’ll miss my party hats Santa’s masks halfwines eastereggs discs of returns. Long live bunny ears and scythe. I killed Jad once with my scythe lmao. Lol gee golly Easter eggs halfwines and pumpkins... ate quite a few in my day trying to deposit them but forgot I had logged out earlier so when bank pins came up I clicked item and ate xD. Good times. BEST pvp in any game I’ve ever played. It’s such a joke these ppl crying in arena when u kill them lol. Try RuneScape — You would have lost your WHOLE inventory if u were skulled... well maybe not 1 item if u prayer was on lol.

But I still log onto runescape on pc just to show off rares or to get more even when twitch streamers are doing giveaways n stuff lol. The only reason I wear only wood crowns in ch is because of runescape party hats. Lol I guess when Jagex had sold, an old character developer from jagex started working for OTM as lead developer which is why much of the game kinda looks like runescape especially character modules.
Lol I agree, the pk was savage bro! I remember the wars between rangers and mages in the wilderness. We used to chase down mages in groups and loot all of their stuff. You had to be careful though as these “groups” would sometimes turn on you as well lmao. If they did you had to run for your life and usually you would have to spam food because you had walked so deep into the wilderness with that group.

It would be chaos if CH had a wilderness lol most people just don’t have the right mentality for something so savage. I think that’s why RS took it out. It’s a shame though, it gave you a chance to get some good gear LOL

I thought the same when I saw the crowns in ch lol I was like, “ these look just like RS party hats haha”. It would be nice to see otm step it up and compete with RS though. Could turn out to be some healthy competition.

;)

So it's official, releases completely on October 30th.

Has already been promoted by the AppStore so no doubt it's going to bring quite a number of mobile players on board. Now we have to wait and see if newer players have the patience for a grind fest game like RuneScape or the acceptance of those old graphics, the latter can be fixed through mobile RuneScape 3's release in the coming years.
Wattzon of Sulis

So it's official, releases completely on October 30th.

Has already been promoted by the AppStore so no doubt it's going to bring quite a number of mobile players on board. Now we have to wait and see if newer players have the patience for a grind fest game like RuneScape or the acceptance of those old graphics, the latter can be fixed through mobile RuneScape 3's release in the coming years.
Content/Gameplay > Graphics

Cant wait
Morrigan ~ Avalon ~ DG Void Ranger ~ Retired
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you, its much more than that.

I’m excited to be able to play again but since I haven’t tried osrs- I’m not sure if I can just keep the 5m I have laying round on my account. If I have to restart completely just to play- I will. I’m just curious if I’ll have to get stuff again. It’s been years since I’ve played. I think I quit in 2013.
“I’m everywhere.”