Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Corrupted Gardens, which faction to choose?

So quit playing ch just about the time that the corrupted gardens update came out and came back recently. Since it has already been some time, I wanted to ask on which faction would you recommend to me to join? I am assuming that each faction has its own benefits except that I am not certain of what they are and kinda do not want to switch factions midway.
Currently playing as a Str Ranger.
Also on a side note, anyone know why the liches suddenly dislike me for killing some squire of a defector in shalemont?

Vini, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and evil for evil - Rei Ogami

Re: Corrupted Gardens, which faction to choose?

This is just my personal opinion but i’d say just join lich (kill reavers) pretty all the lux gear for both maxed factions Re useless (some people use them as place holders if they are new untill they get raid gear)
Except for one ring only. The tank ring, but it’s still in the lich shop. It gives 450 defense, 150 vit and 600 evasions. Pretty good ring for tanks
In conclusion:
If ur a tank (or planing or being one) kill reavers to join lich
If ur not a tank and not interested in any raid place holder gear, kill reavers to join lich. Reaver boss is much more popular than lich.

In conclusion:
If ur not a tank and not interested in any raid place holder gear, kill reavers to join lich. Reaver boss is much more popular than lich.
:?

The best option is to see what faction your clan is mostly going for. If your whole clan is killing reavers and joining the lich faction, then do the same, that way you can get in on the boss kills. Even if it’s not your preferred faction, IMO they are close enough that it’s worth going with the lesser, with the guarantee of boss kills, rather than trying to get in a group from outside clan for the other boss.

As for the Shalemont thing, yes that’s a known bug. VR just can’t do anything about it for a few months, due to an annoying requirement by Apple that the game engine gets updated to a newer version (tl;dr not much if any graphics will change, performance might be better on some devices, and it will take at least another 4-5 months before VR can release any game-changing updates).
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

In conclusion:
:?

The best option is to see what faction your clan is mostly going for. If your whole clan is killing reavers and joining the lich faction, then do the same, that way you can get in on the boss kills. Even if it’s not your preferred faction, IMO they are close enough that it’s worth going with the lesser, with the guarantee of boss kills, rather than trying to get in a group from outside clan for the other boss.

As for the Shalemont thing, yes that’s a known bug. VR just can’t do anything about it for a few months, due to an annoying requirement by Apple that the game engine gets updated to a newer version (tl;dr not much if any graphics will change, performance might be better on some devices, and it will take at least another 4-5 months before VR can release any game-changing updates).
You’ Right, join the faction that is the most popular in your world. I assume reaver is the most popular in most worlds though, Isn’t it?

You’ Right, join the faction that is the most popular in your world. I assume reaver is the most popular in most worlds though, Isn’t it?
I think joining Lich faction (killing reaver boss) is the most popular one. From what I’ve heard, the reaver boss is a bit easier to kill, and the lich gear is slightly better. At least, that’s the case on Sulis.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

In Crom, killing Lich (boss) and joining Reavers faction is more popular.

To be even more specific on the lux shop items available to casters, Reaver shop sells items that add fire magic, and Lich shop sells ice magic items. Basically over here, most of melee dps (rangers & rogues), and fire mages do Lich boss. Tanks and ice mages kill Reaver boss. (Only good item that people buy from fac lux stores are tank rings, from Lich store though)

From this balance, you can easily see how much more sought after Lich boss is, in our server. But given this scenario, 2 ways to look at this: Forming for lich boss is much easier, but more competition to get into kill group (for weekly quest completion), whereas forming for Reaver boss with people who need it is harder, but almost guaranteed a spot in kill group.

Last but not least, imo, Reaver mobs are generally easier to kill, compared to Lich mobs.

Hope that helps in your decision making. :D
Crom, Seed
Magimee Lvl 234 Fire mage
MagiMiniature Lvl 213 Rogue
IMagiNation Lvl 213 Ranger
Magimeetoo Lvl 138 Druid
MagiMinotaur Lvl 50+- Warrior

if You are a raiding ranger then honestly the lux isn’t worth it, the lich shop neck is ok for ranger but there is better. Basically when looking to decide which faction to go;
Do you want to get a reaver fashion charm if so kill lichs, Or do you want to get a lich fashion charm then kill reavers. Each faction drops that type of charm in its weekly quest box. That and do u want a red horse boarding (reavers tier 4 shop) or a blue horse barding (lich tier 4 shop).
Server: Danu since 2011
Clan - Ascension
Sockthief -- Level 227 Ranger
Siegengine -- Level 182 Warrior
Stinkysock -- Level 180 Rogue