Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

What did I miss?

What is this VR, did OTM shut down? Was the torch passed? What does VR stand for? Is it just OTM reformed or renamed? Is VR a different company that handles other games as well? If so, what games? What can we expect differently?

Where's Muldar?

New moderators and such?

Seeing more admins in game again?

How do your views on the games direction differ from before?
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Re: What did I miss?

Well to my understanding OTM didn’t completely shut down per se, but Virtual Realms (VR) have taken over in the development process. Celtic heroes is VR’s primary game, but there is also a localized version.

Regarding new moderators, dunno haven’t seen any I have no clue what you’re talking about :lol:
No clue okayyyy :lol: but thanks for the input :)
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

What is this VR, did OTM shut down? Was the torch passed? What does VR stand for? Is it just OTM reformed or renamed? Is VR a different company that handles other games as well? If so, what games? What can we expect differently?

Remember the Thai satellite studio OTM had? They are Virtual Realms (VR), and are now the developers of CH. The owner of OTM is the owner of VR. *Almost all* the OTM employees were fired.

Yes, VR is pretty much OTM with different people and on the other side of the world. VR handles Heroes Age, which is CH in Thai (and minor differences to fit the audience/regulation), the games will expand together.

Where's Muldar?

Muldar was fired.

New moderators and such?

Several, the current community manager is Tadaaah.

Seeing more admins in game again?

Tadaaah said everyone on the team plays, mostly(?) on CH. I doubt most share who they are however.
Last edited by Regenleif on Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

The development of CH was passed from OTM( 20+ people) to Virtual Realms (1-10 people) All previous Admins (Muldar, Esquilax...) and the rest of the OTM Glasgow team are no longer working on CH or on Fourms. The new team isn’t completely new to developing games and has experience with MMOs, although they’re new to working on CH. VR as a company is also working on Heroes Ages Online, the Thailand region specific version of CH.

New moderators from the player base were chosen to help moderate the community due to the smaller team that Virtual Realms has and lend a hand during the transition.

In terms of direction of the game, Virtual Realms(VR) is a much smaller team than the original OTM team, including the art development department, so updates has been mostly pushed out to improve the health of the game (Removing Lock Penatly for 220+, Updating Unity etc) rather than pushing out new content. Although I’m still really hoping that new content and areas could be an update in the near future.

The development of CH was passed from OTM( 20+ people) to Virtual Realms (1-10 people) All previous Admins (Muldar, Esquilax...) and the rest of the OTM Glasgow team are no longer working on CH or on Fourms. The new team isn’t completely new to developing games and has experience with MMOs, although they’re new to working on CH. VR as a company is also working on Heroes Ages Online, the Thailand region specific version of CH.

New moderators from the player base were chosen to help moderate the community due to the smaller team that Virtual Realms has and lend a hand during the transition.

In terms of direction of the game, Virtual Realms(VR) is a much smaller team than the original OTM team, including the art development department, so updates has been mostly pushed out to improve the health of the game (Removing Lock Penatly for 220+, Updating Unity etc) rather than pushing out new content. Although I’m still really hoping that new content and areas could be an update in the near future.
There will be new content in the future. We are going to continue future development. We just are updating Unity right now, because the game has to in order to keep running. :)

There will be new content in the future. We are going to continue future development. We just are updating Unity right now, because the game has to in order to keep running. :)
While I appreciate the fact unity will be updated, I just wish OTM listened to me last year when I said about it not being completely compatible with new devices.
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +