Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Bans?

Generally, when it comes to botting, we look at logs and take other measures too. For example, we might take a toon and stand next to them and send them a pop-up in the game that's like "Hey, see that toon that is beside you. It's us. Say something to that toon if you aren't a bot." We send it a few times over the course of some time to give them a chance just in case they're in the restroom or away for a minute. They don't answer after several attempts... in conjunction with logs...

Generally, when it comes to botting, we look at logs and take other measures too. For example, we might take a toon and stand next to them and send them a pop-up in the game that's like "Hey, see that toon that is beside you. It's us. Say something to that toon if you aren't a bot." We send it a few times over the course of some time to give them a chance just in case they're in the restroom or away for a minute. They don't answer after several attempts... in conjunction with logs...
Later today I’m gonna test this, see if y’all being fair or not cause I asked for chat logs to see why I was banned and you couldn’t even do that....are res members being targeted? :geek:
World: Belenus: Elementals
YourTankIsHigh 220 Warrior
Inhale 195+ Rogue (on its way to endgame)

World: Arawn : Colours
ZeroSkillGaming 221 Rogue
ZeroMagicGaming 221 Mage
ZeroLocksGaming 190 Lock Rogue
ZeroChillGaming 190 Lock Ranger

That is a very unreliable test. I used to afk farmed a lot and I don’t respond to toons I do not know. So if I don’t answer your toon, it doesn’t mean I was botting, that’s exactly why my friend was banned for botting when in fact he did not bot. There were also toons who pm me they were otm staff. I blocked them straightaway.
Last edited by Smellyunder on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Later today I’m gonna test this, see if y’all being fair or not cause I asked for chat logs to see why I was banned and you couldn’t even do that....are res members being targeted? :geek:
Oh don't worry, you'll get them. When you go through the appeals procedure like you have to do for appeals. I, honestly, do not care who is in what clan. We take the reports we get and we go off the information we can pull.

That is a very unreliable test. I used to afk farmed a lot and I don’t respond to toons I do not know. So if I don’t answer your toon, it doesn’t mean I was botting, that’s exactly why my friend was banned for botting when in fact he did not bot.
And that's why we pair it with logs! Also, if it's a giant pop-up on your screen, it's not a toon trying to chat with you. We send it via the in-game system.

Oh don't worry, you'll get them. When you go through the appeals procedure like you have to do for appeals. I, honestly, do not care who is in what clan. We take the reports we get and we go off the information we can pull.
It is exactly because the so called evidence of banning people are questionable that the system has been abused by malicious reporting resulting in unjust bans. Otm has become god.
Last edited by Smellyunder on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

I feel like if this pops up on your screen and you aren't a bot. You should probably answer it.

It stays there until you hit okay.

I feel like if this pops up on your screen and you aren't a bot. You should probably answer it.

It stays there until you hit okay.
So I clicked ok n I didn’t send the message and that is conclusive that I bot? In a court trial, that would be thrown out as presumptuous. You said it correctly that one would “probably” respond but ignoring it doesn’t mean I bot.

So I clicked ok n I didn’t send the message and that is conclusive that I bot? In a court trial, that would be thrown out as presumptuous. You said it correctly that one would “probably” respond but ignoring it doesn’t mean I bot.
Again, in conjunction with logs... I'm not going to argue with you, dude.