Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: More than a game

It is just a game tho. I know some people who take this game way too far and will go without food or sleep for extended hours and up to days. Ive seen plenty of people who DO need to be told its just a game. Game addiction is real and unhealthy
220 Druid SupremeDruid

It is just a game tho. I know some people who take this game way too far and will go without food or sleep for extended hours and up to days. Ive seen plenty of people who DO need to be told its just a game. Game addiction is real and unhealthy
Psychological studies prove that what you call taking it too far is actually the lure of MMORPGs. An mmorpg is not your bubble bash game. It is a game centered around a social community with emotions and relationships. To tell a person it’s just a game is usually done within the context of a mean action toward another player or group of players.
World - Gwydion - semi retired in 2020
- restarted in 2022 on Herne - 220 (rogue)

Searching for the next adventure.

Pretty much at the burnout stage rn,_, I don’t log as much as I used to but I still talk to clannies on the daily
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Yes it's just a game. I agree that there are people that sometimes say it as a means to justify their own actions, as if just because it's a game you can scam, spam, or be rude to anyone without consequences within the game. But in the end it's just a game, there are awesome people I met in the game, but I won't let me or my real life be bothered by just a game. A positive experience in the game will never top my real life positive experience and if I feel like it, I will just drop the game for something irl if playing doesn't fit into my rl anymore. Probably the majority of the community would, because it's only a game.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

Psychological studies prove that what you call taking it too far is actually the lure of MMORPGs. An mmorpg is not your bubble bash game. It is a game centered around a social community with emotions and relationships. To tell a person it’s just a game is usually done within the context of a mean action toward another player or group of players.
The point of these comments to other players is usually centered around a point where they prioritize the game over real life events. At the end of the day any progress, both socially and game centered, are just code. The game acts as a medium for all of that, without it much of it falls apart instantly. Thus in retrospect of real life, ch is just a game with close to nothing that carries over past the lines of code.
At the end of the day I will only pour an amount of energy into CH that I would pour into any other game or wasteful (wasteful as in there is no real substantive gain other than pleasure and entertainment) activity.
The friendships are nice but overall the social interactions online don’t really mirror real world social interactions, as since CH is just a game, there are no real life consequences to the behavior one excercies online, letting them exist often times in a different space and personality than they would overwise exist in.
Out of the hundreds of players I have called “good friends” over the years, I have only been able to remain in touch with 2 past clans and the game itself.
At the end of the day, what starts in the game stays in the game, and individuals should only put into the game what they are 100% prepared to lose. This is the meaning behind the phrase “it’s just a game.”
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Real life connections and consequences come out of this collection of pixels and code. Some of my closest friends in life, in game or out, I have met in celtic. Each friendship started with in game transactions and interactions, but over time turned into Skype calls, Christmas apples, birthday gifts, and even a real life wedding invitation. The incredible community in Celtic has helped me through many difficult times, provided me with great memories, and I am very thankful for those wonderful people.

On the flip side, if you start to put too much value in pixel aspects of it, the actual game itself, things tend to go poorly. I have seen many players rage over losing a lock battle or not getting the gear they want. The most successful and happiest players I see are able to value the friendships, comfort, and relief from stress they get from the game but are able to remind themselves the pixels are just pixels.

In my opinion, saying Celtic is just a game is both true and false. It is a game, but what happens in your own real life and the lives of others as a result of interactions there can matter a lot.
Liv Arronheln 215
Chieftain of DragonSouls
Arawn
”One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

I do agree that you can build friendships and a community in mmorpg. I have met really nice people who I consider friends. However I have noticed people who spent most of their time playing that it practically has become their life. When I started playing this game, I was addicted to the game for at least 6 month that I neglected my health. I stopped excersising, my eating habits changed and my sleep hours got messed up that affected me on my work. Fortunately, I got bored of the repetition of the game and the annoying camping hours that I gave up on the game for a while. Now I login now and then. But yeah video game addiction is not good.

While this topic is actually an interesting one.
Anyone can see that the intention was just to throw shade at people the closing summary of the OG post shows that well.
I think from reading everyone else's comments I completely agree that it's more than your average game because of the social aspect with other humans, but just like any other game it's pixelated code.
It could close down tomorrow or anytime.

Psychological studies are always subjective and nearly always don't have the same findings in a case by case basis. Humans just enjoy categorising & labelling each other anything that falls out of the "norm" is weird to us so we need to have a label to identify it.

Using the same argument that "it's more than a game"
Supports why people leave one clan environment for another. In most cases people have legitimate reasons: maybe they disagree with leadership, directions the clan goes in or perhaps they have problems with individuals within the clan there's just so many factors to consider.
The time people invest into these platforms you can't expect everyone will just comply to others will & unhappily go along doing something that they might otherwise enjoy more elsewhere.
It could be none of the above everyone's different.
It is however extremely vain to believe that it's been done to have a psychological impact on yourself or others.

I'm not inclined to read to much into this post however as it's extremely divisive and had clear motive/agenda.
Sephiroth89 221 Warrior
Zaraki 225Rogue
Mince 221 Mage
SilentHit 225 Ranger

Member of a cult

We all have Light & Dark impulses what defines us is which we chose to act on.

Celtic Heroes is amazing and you really do form real relationships with people and interact with all sorts of different folk.

In fact, some lad came to me the other day saying it was his brother's birthday and he "need present now". Sadly, the present he wanted was my horse and I didn't have an extra to part with :cry:
Would you kindly?

Why are people so narrow minded? Games play different roles for different people. For some it's a escape from reality and to others it's just a time filler when they are bored. You can say it's just a game because for others it isn't, maybe to your personal self it's seen as only a game but to another it may not. Don't neglect the impact that this game has on your life just so you can claim that you don't have an "addiction". If the game has ever impacted your normal day schedule or caused you to schedule around an event happening in game then there is a good chance that it's means more to you than just being pixels on a screen.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger