Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: More than a game

According to the psychological studies you guys have transgressed into the casual stage of the game. You’ve suffered through burnout after being hardcore and have found a way to turn it into a casual thing for you. However just because you don’t see someone doesn’t mean you haven’t built a real friendship with them. I’ve seen where Bob and Krumz have conversations that go one for hours on end that are not related directly to the game. To say that it’s just a game is to discount human psychology and human emotion.
I won't disagree that this game doesn't form friendships but I'm not sure how you would classify it as anything but a game. I play on a soccer team in an adult soccer league. I've formed a lot of friendships through playing soccer. But it's still a game.

We've had people that met in CH get married. WoW has ruined marriages and brought single people together. People have gotten murdered over MMOs and some obsessions related to MMOs have caused the death of children.

There's no doubt that MMOs have impacted many people's lives. But they're still a game.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

According to the psychological studies you guys have transgressed into the casual stage of the game. You’ve suffered through burnout after being hardcore and have found a way to turn it into a casual thing for you. However just because you don’t see someone doesn’t mean you haven’t built a real friendship with them. I’ve seen where Bob and Krumz have conversations that go one for hours on end that are not related directly to the game. To say that it’s just a game is to discount human psychology and human emotion.
I won't disagree that this game doesn't form friendships but I'm not sure how you would classify it as anything but a game. I play on a soccer team in an adult soccer league. I've formed a lot of friendships through playing soccer. But it's still a game.

We've had people that met in CH get married. WoW has ruined marriages and brought single people together. People have gotten murdered over MMOs and some obsessions related to MMOs have caused the death of children.

There's no doubt that MMOs have impacted many people's lives. But they're still a game.
Absolutely it is a game, but as everone else has stated there is more to it. My argument isnt that its not a game. My argumentis that it is not JUST a game.
World - Gwydion - semi retired in 2020
- restarted in 2022 on Herne - 220 (rogue)

Searching for the next adventure.

Absolutely it is a game, but as everone else has stated there is more to it. My argument isnt that its not a game. My argumentis that it is not JUST a game.
It is still Just a game.

Said this before, games are also people's passion, to some talk more than just "a game" and what's wrong with that, who would one be to judge of that, could be just a game to you or more to others.
People's perspectives are all different so I don't see a "right answer" anywhere.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

To say the game “is not just a game” doesn’t mean your saying it’s not literally a game. At the end of the day every sane person can acknowledge that this is in fact a game. Look at the statement with more meaning and you will realize that this game isnt just a game, it’s a hobby or a place to meet new people. To say that CH is just a game is to look at the game so blatantly that you don’t realize the role that it plays in your life. A place to relax, find some virtual success, or meet new people it’s not “just a game”.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

I love applied science and gaming. There are some really amazing things happening with technology, psychology and games.

You should watch Jane Mogul's "Gaming Can Make a Better World". Games bring people together. That's why they're used as bonding and trust building exercises.

First : see what i do find absolutely weird is people finding love on CH.
THEN
The game turns into a FULL TIME job for weeks and its hella hard to keep up with your clan if youre just logging sometimes
People do get so upset and emotional over it aswell i had voicecalls with people crying over lost bosses items ans duels.
._. i made a video bout it once sayin when u feel like u cant be offline a few days of the week without stress..
Youre addicted you need help
I'm looking to change the perception of people and all of the beautiful things that it brings,-Exe2k15
Executive of Epona
Beetlejuice of Donn
Clan: Concordiia
Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1strz ... vH82nKhe4Q

The ? is not if it's just a game or more than it. The ? is morality vs immorality in game. One plays the way he lives. (hi scammers).