Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Guest account

Guest accounts should be redone so it prompts you to make an account once you reach about level 15, and this guest account will be transferred onto it
^^THIS! They need to be better implemented. At a specific scenario, it should prompt you to create an account and rate the game 5 stars!

Guest accounts should be redone so it prompts you to make an account once you reach about level 15, and this guest account will be transferred onto it
^^THIS! They need to be better implemented. At a specific scenario, it should prompt you to create an account and rate the game 5 stars!
I hope you're not referring to a pop up that tells us to rate the game.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Honestly, I would tread with caution when it comes to notifying a user to rate the app. People have become very disenchanted by those jarring pop-ups. You may end up prompting some frustrated users to give one star out of spite. I know several people who do that simply because of their weird principal about being interrupted while trying to use the app. Is it right? Nope... does it happen? Absolutely.

If anything, I would just add a rating option to the "special offers" menu and notify people that the option is there with a small plat reward. The notification on account creation could just simply suggest for users to check out the special offers page instead of redirecting them away from the game and into the app store.

If you click special offers, there could be a one time offer to "rate the app" with maybe a 10 plat reward for the account regardless of the rating given. If they choose to initiate that rating, then they will be redirected to the app store. In this way, users will seek to rate the app under their own volition and will likely rate the app much more favorably... as opposed to being almost "assaulted" by a message that seems to beg for ratings (I know that is a stretch, but that is how some users see it) You also kill two birds with one stone here... by giving users a "taste" of plat's buying power, you end up wih a user who gets only a small portion of something they wanted which triggers an urge for them to complete their "goal" by acquiring more plat. A goal they never would have even had to begin with had you not dished out a few free plat... a goal like filling up an entire second page full of hotbar expansions.

In example, if you rewarded somebody with 10 plat for rating your app, they will likely be feeling generous when they give the rating (since you just gave them free money) and they decide to give a generous five star rating in return. Now... they take their ten plat reward and perhaps they purchase three hot bar slot expansions which leaves them 1 plat remaining. They open up a second hotbar page which only has 3 out of 8 slots available which will give a sense of "incompleteness" which most people will eventually seek to rectify. They are also looking at that one plat they have left over and, for most users, will get a sense that it is "burning a hole in their pocket". It isn't quite enough to do anything useful with, but it is enough to not forget about completely. The chances that this user will eventually justify another five or ten dollar purchase has gone up dramatically.

Just a few of these small triggers together can give you a better net result of total users who are willing to spend an extra five, ten, twenty bucks. Once you get somebody to buy plat once, the chances of them repeating the purchase becomes exponentially higher.

I'm not an app developer, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I feel that if you approach it from this less obtrusive angle, you'll produce more favorable results in the long run.

Giving incentives to rate the app is against store policy. Anyway, we wouldn't just throw it in there anywhere. There are numbers to back up what I said. We're getting off topic.

Yes, we can restore guest accounts.
Now that, I did not know, thanks for telling me. You guys are the experts, just wanted to share my two cents. Sorry for derailing the topic.

My friend should be emailing support about his guest account and I look forward to any furture changes to how guest accounts work.