Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Well hello there VR ;)

#41
Tadaaah wrote:
Romeo wrote:]
That's awesome. So jele americas somewhere I'd love to live for a while, eh maybe a lil more permanent. What I wanna know tho, is it easy to find work over there straight away?


I think the job market is pretty rough everywhere right now. When I moved to Cali, I continued serving tables and bartending for a while. When I moved to Thailand, I already had a job lined up. Be as prepared as you can be, but sometimes, the risk pays off.

Ive always wanted to move out of country but the biggest fear is not finding a job right away. Like, it mustve been extremely difficult at first, finding a place and a job and having all the money ready to put down and everything else.

Re: Well hello there VR ;)

#42
Wolfenstien wrote:Ive always wanted to move out of country but the biggest fear is not finding a job right away. Like, it mustve been extremely difficult at first, finding a place and a job and having all the money ready to put down and everything else.


Out of the country is trickier. Be aware some countries won't allow you to look for a job on a visitor VISA. Even if you do, you would still have to leave get a business VISA and come back should you find a job. Don't let it stop you, but do your research first.

Re: Well hello there VR ;)

#43
Thailand is the 8th country that I've lived in since 2003. I would strongly recommend living and working abroad to anyone as a great way to learn new thins, expand your worldview and basically grow as a human being. In my case I was working a fill-in job as IT support in Nottingham, England and I hated it so I applied for a job in Paris as a GM on an MMO that I was playing a lot at the time. I got an interview and spent most of it talking about Bloodbowl with the guy who later hired me. Since then, every new job has been in a different country to the one before. I use a mixture of industry-specific agencies and my own network to find jobs and that mostly works out ok.

Generally the company I'm going to be working for will arrange all the visa paperwork, and will usually help with relocation too. That's probably not going to be the case if you are looking for work like bartending or waiting tables but, if you have transferable skills, it can be surprisingly easy to find a new job outside your country before you move.

Re: Well hello there VR ;)

#44
Wolfenstien wrote:Ive always wanted to move out of country but the biggest fear is not finding a job right away. Like, it mustve been extremely difficult at first, finding a place and a job and having all the money ready to put down and everything else.


If you're good at what you do and understand how to demonstrate value to employers properly then finding appropriate work anywhere in the world is not that hard, you just need to be proactive, not just wait for job ads and then respond with the bare minimum generic CV and such. I wouldn't advise trying it until you've got some decent experience under your belt though unless you're just after some transitory English teaching/fruit picking etc. backpacker type job. It's not easy to do a move to a completely new culture but it is very rewarding.
Image

Re: Well hello there VR ;)

#45
I'm out of the loop and still don't fully understand what transpired as I was away, but I know OTM is no more.

Welcome to the helm of our favorite MMO, VR, hopefully you can maintain and improve on what OTM began.

If you guys are ever looking for job openings post them here on the forums like OTM used to do sometimes. Some of us have hidden talents and would love to work on our favorite game.

If you ever need anything transcribed cheap, a typist, or a writer then I'm your guy. I'd love to contribute to this game in any way ;)
Would you kindly?

Image

Re: Well hello there VR ;)

#46
Hahahaha thats a cool surprise although only thing that I feel bad about is referring to someone in an opposite gender. Nonethelss, I hope it doesnt affect anyone lol. And by saying opposite gender I only mean male/female and not whatever other 72 genders are there.
DPS Warrior


#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

MrScar wrote:Imperial gele sneaky ring is better than imperial divine ring :D

Re: Well hello there VR ;)

#47
Romeo wrote:Its funny how everyone, including me, thought u Tadaah was a guy lmao, I wonder why?!

Is that sexist? Hope not.

Well, perhaps because we were used to Muldar, or because that through chat unless its clearly stated it is hard to really get if its guy or gal, which is why u never know in game (on Bele we had gals who pretended to be guys and vice versa, not that its what Tadaaah did), I dont think its sexist tho.

Now we have had as community managers: Kodelia (guy) ---> Morgana (gal) ---> Muldar (guy) ---> Tadaaah (gal)

Do I sense a pattern?
DPS Warrior


#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

MrScar wrote:Imperial gele sneaky ring is better than imperial divine ring :D

Re: Well hello there VR ;)

#48
Criminal wrote:
Romeo wrote:Its funny how everyone, including me, thought u Tadaah was a guy lmao, I wonder why?!

Is that sexist? Hope not.

Well, perhaps because we were used to Muldar, or because that through chat unless its clearly stated it is hard to really get if its guy or gal, which is why u never know in game (on Bele we had gals who pretended to be guys and vice versa, not that its what Tadaaah did), I dont think its sexist tho.

Now we have had as community managers: Kodelia (guy) ---> Morgana (gal) ---> Muldar (guy) ---> Tadaaah (gal)

Do I sense a pattern?

Morgana wasnt a community manager. And youre missing luthias

Re: Well hello there VR ;)

#49
Wolfenstien wrote:
Criminal wrote:
Romeo wrote:Its funny how everyone, including me, thought u Tadaah was a guy lmao, I wonder why?!

Is that sexist? Hope not.

Well, perhaps because we were used to Muldar, or because that through chat unless its clearly stated it is hard to really get if its guy or gal, which is why u never know in game (on Bele we had gals who pretended to be guys and vice versa, not that its what Tadaaah did), I dont think its sexist tho.

Now we have had as community managers: Kodelia (guy) ---> Morgana (gal) ---> Muldar (guy) ---> Tadaaah (gal)

Do I sense a pattern?

Morgana wasnt a community manager. And youre missing luthias

Morgana was a community manager on Kodelia when Kodelia was layed off and Morgana didnt make new account yet. Luthias... I remember the name
DPS Warrior


#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

MrScar wrote:Imperial gele sneaky ring is better than imperial divine ring :D

Re: Well hello there VR ;)

#50
Everything wrote:I'm out of the loop and still don't fully understand what transpired as I was away, but I know OTM is no more.

Welcome to the helm of our favorite MMO, VR, hopefully you can maintain and improve on what OTM began.

If you guys are ever looking for job openings post them here on the forums like OTM used to do sometimes. Some of us have hidden talents and would love to work on our favorite game.

If you ever need anything transcribed cheap, a typist, or a writer then I'm your guy. I'd love to contribute to this game in any way ;)

They advertised jobs here??

Wait, paid jobs or the mods job?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests