Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Developer Diary: Unity 2018

Zyz, corrupt, you need to chill lol. You can be opinionated without being a ****.
I'm sorry but so far having this false positive feedback has done the game no favours. We are doing no more but pointing out what's missed, what we want and the fact that some things they added weren't requested
Well i doubt you two are going to get anywhere, almost every post I see from you is very demanding, and cutthroat. Zyz not so much, but still I see it with him too, he's just more sarcastic and laid back, but still rude.... As Tadaaah said, you need to be civil, otherwise I doubt they're going to even consider anything you're saying simply because you're being rude. I think you should rethink your approach. Imagine if you were in VR's shoes how hard it'd be to bite your tongue when you're constantly being put down? I doubt you'd be able to. They haven't been around long, but in my opinion, they're doing more than OTM was, it sounds like you're a little ungrateful to me... I dont see anyone ever thanking them, thats why im always sure to express my appreciation, something some people need to learn how to do... instead of viewing the cup half empty, view it as half full.
kings pride
mabon - my main server
fingal - what happens in vegas, stays in vegas

Hey Heroes!
Sorry I have no idea how to tag without quoting.

When you say, “Mount” can you please clarify for me what this means? Is this included in an already existing premium chest...premium straight purchase....or in game vendors? A chest of mounts? I just need two. In case you want to pop over and increase my quality of game life today.
Thank you.

I like quality of life advancements. I like the idea of transportation a lot.

All the best
Dual spec
Increase buff timers and change to group buffs
/anon /afk commands
Revamp the skill system
Group leader / group commands
Add more premium items
Please.

Will there be better graphics in unity 2018

I remember last time a new engine was introduced the graphics changed drastically.

Given how old you said our current unity engine is I do question what OTM was doing . It would make sense to always upgrade in order to suit the best performance possible.

Why are you getting upset that we are highlighting the fact that you aren't changing these things. And if the developers think that the CG offhands are balanced then they need to level and endgame toon and play
Sorry, but you don't get to keep putting down my colleagues. That isn't going to happen. I will fight for this community as much as I will fight for them. Your posts need to come back to constructive. Currently, they're just toxic.
I dont think that was intention. I believe zyz and corrupt are criticizing ur priority list and not ur colleagues, which is understandable as other than the removed penalty the rest of the priority list is very bad.

But, the removed penalty is a huge change IMO that is much needed and is why I can be satisfied with it, nonetheless, I think that even with the unity engine u MUST work on the glitches. Those glithces are extremely punishing and they cause a massive flaw in the game, one that is beyond what u can solve by changing engines.

In my opinion, if u want to go with this quality-of-life update, u have to prioritize the removed penalty, and all the luxury items (another dragon-like pet and so on) should be much lower priority. Those dont really matter for the players and it is more than expected that u will get very harsh criticism for it, so Id say that u need to prepare urselves mentally there in the studio. But, the unity engine is a good thing hopefully (unless it'll cause same issues as the one released back then the first time, that shut down several devices) and so is the removed penalty. Id say that forget about the fashion, pets and mounts for the time being (delay it for later) and up the priority for the other actual quality-of-life solutions that are much needed. For example, instead of releasing a new pet, how about decreasing the total tokens needed for a pet and mount and also slightly upping the rates of better prizes from chests? Thats a really good idea vs another extremely expensive lux pet. What about making shops work like inventory? Perhaps adding a leystone at the waterfall in the room inside despoiler's cave?

Many small but terrific ideas that imo should replace the pets and fashion... It'll simply be easier to do and much more needed. If the game cannot fund itself without releasing new extremely expensive pet and mount, and some fashion, then the game is failing and it needs to improve and fix itself so the earning will be casual and consistent from the things we use on our daily virtual life rather than the new extremely rare pets.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Will there be better graphics in unity 2018

I remember last time a new engine was introduced the graphics changed drastically.

Given how old you said our current unity engine is I do question what OTM was doing . It would make sense to always upgrade in order to suit the best performance possible.
that makes no sense.
Unity is a game engine and as far as we did get informed OTM build their destiny engine with Unity. so no the graphcis wont get updated.
I'm looking to change the perception of people and all of the beautiful things that it brings,-Exe2k15
Executive of Epona
Beetlejuice of Donn
Clan: Concordiia
Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1strz ... vH82nKhe4Q

I think where OTM failed the community is their lack of a structured plan. New content should be on a schedule and never a “Surprise! Here’s a new piece of content for you to chew on!” type of thing. I have never worked in a coding environment, but have worked on many many large scale program and projects in my day. Every one had a development plan. Everyone had a deadline that was realistic. Is it not realistic to say a monthly event? As dank as the event was, even the collect/cook event was nice because it was something new & different we hadn’t really done before.

- Monthly Event
- Quarterly Seasonal Update like the old days (Chest, Lux Vendors, Seasonal Bosses... And not just “Lets redo Heros Landing graphics.... AGAIN!”)
- Yearly Large Scale Update (Talking New Map, Story, Quests, etc)

If I was running VR, that’d be my plan of attack... oh yeah, and ADVERTISE THE GAME so we aren’t just playing against the same dudes alt toons! Lol!
I don't know that gaming's deadlines are reasonable... BUT, they do generally exist. The current focus is getting Unity updated that was we can move onto a more structured planned. We have a plan that is similar to what you posted. We are looking more at permanent content than seasonal content, but we may look to create something like a Christmas event. Then, have that same Christmas event every year like the winter event in WoW.
I dont think that was intention. I believe zyz and corrupt are criticizing ur priority list and not ur colleagues, which is understandable as other than the removed penalty the rest of the priority list is very bad.

But, the removed penalty is a huge change IMO that is much needed and is why I can be satisfied with it, nonetheless, I think that even with the unity engine u MUST work on the glitches. Those glithces are extremely punishing and they cause a massive flaw in the game, one that is beyond what u can solve by changing engines.

In my opinion, if u want to go with this quality-of-life update, u have to prioritize the removed penalty, and all the luxury items (another dragon-like pet and so on) should be much lower priority. Those dont really matter for the players and it is more than expected that u will get very harsh criticism for it, so Id say that u need to prepare urselves mentally there in the studio. But, the unity engine is a good thing hopefully (unless it'll cause same issues as the one released back then the first time, that shut down several devices) and so is the removed penalty. Id say that forget about the fashion, pets and mounts for the time being (delay it for later) and up the priority for the other actual quality-of-life solutions that are much needed. For example, instead of releasing a new pet, how about decreasing the total tokens needed for a pet and mount and also slightly upping the rates of better prizes from chests? Thats a really good idea vs another extremely expensive lux pet. What about making shops work like inventory? Perhaps adding a leystone at the waterfall in the room inside despoiler's cave?

Many small but terrific ideas that imo should replace the pets and fashion... It'll simply be easier to do and much more needed. If the game cannot fund itself without releasing new extremely expensive pet and mount, and some fashion, then the game is failing and it needs to improve and fix itself so the earning will be casual and consistent from the things we use on our daily virtual life rather than the new extremely rare pets.
We already had the art for the pet and mount that are coming (OTM). They're actually less work to implement than some of the other stuff because of that. Changing shops UI and adding leystones would be a lot more work than what we currently have time for. A lot of these changes are changes that don't require art or are smaller changes to the code VS total additions to the code. Again, some things that seem really simple are actually a lot more work on the backend.

To backup what tadaah siad with the unity engine it’s immensely harder to update from unity 4 to unity 2018 which has been stated but also with that in mind I personally think this should have been converted or started the conversion processes a while back because even parts of c# and c++ have been changed in unity 2018 (or how it understands the Language/ formatting) But to support tadaah and the new team I’m VERY happy on the communication though it took forever to get an answer we (as a community) received an answer. I’m kinda of annoyed still that the focus is on the things that OTM did / didn’t and the things that the new company is doing / didn’t do give them a few more months. Well that’s my rant thanks for reading it XD.
Jt
I hate ppl that hate ppl! “To end confusion you have to be a potato” -MemeLordJT