Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Edl vs Featherdraw what am I missing?

[quote="Ventius"what really needs to be done is remove the dumb pinning effect and make it unavoidable. Aka a weaker sneaky attack. If this happened I can guarantee more people would use it and it wouldn’t be broken or overpowered.
I actually love the pinning effect. Yes, it is horrible when kiting bosses...I've accidentally killed many rogues by not paying enough attention :? but when the boss is being tanked, or you are solo-kiting something, it's really handy. If solo-kiting a boss, and your second bolas misses, you can longshot the mob/boss for just long enough to get the third bolas on (if you are fast). The distance also really isn't a problem...rangers aren't supposed to be right up next to the boss. Just run back a bit and use it (then just stay there).
Personally love killing rogues with longshot._.

P.S fix the new quiv[/quote]
What i love more is getting into rangers grp then rescuing rangers to the boss when they longshot ;)

[quote="Ventius"what really needs to be done is remove the dumb pinning effect and make it unavoidable. Aka a weaker sneaky attack. If this happened I can guarantee more people would use it and it wouldn’t be broken or overpowered.
I actually love the pinning effect. Yes, it is horrible when kiting bosses...I've accidentally killed many rogues by not paying enough attention :? but when the boss is being tanked, or you are solo-kiting something, it's really handy. If solo-kiting a boss, and your second bolas misses, you can longshot the mob/boss for just long enough to get the third bolas on (if you are fast). The distance also really isn't a problem...rangers aren't supposed to be right up next to the boss. Just run back a bit and use it (then just stay there).

P.S fix the new quiv
What i love more is getting into rangers grp then rescuing rangers to the boss when they longshot ;)[/quote]
And this is why ur not allowed in lock groups,_,
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

P.S fix the new quiv
What i love more is getting into rangers grp then rescuing rangers to the boss when they longshot ;)
And this is why ur not allowed in lock groups,_,
The broken quotes were bugging me...also if you do use rescue, SHHHH. Otherwise the devs may take it as a sign that it's a useful skill, and start putting it in future loot tables. :?
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

not an upgrade at all
Pretty much this is thr answer to the OP.
As i said before, otm it’s self said that these offhands are NOT meant to be upgrades from edl. The intention from adding them was
1) because they removed offhands from lux shop
2) to provide BURST divine dmg/support skills on BT ONLY
But as it turns our, some classes did get a direct upgrade (mage is the best example)
They also stated that in future updates, there might be an edl offhand/armor upgrade, but cg offhands? Not meant to be an upgrade, as stated by otm it’s self.
Sorry, late to the party.

If they aren't meant to be an upgrade and are meant for bt raids only why does it say when you first get your t8 quiver that "you now carry a quiver that has no known equal outside the Palace of of Rath Parras". That description is kind of misleading... Makes it sound like it's supposed to be an upgrade to EDL. Maybe they should at least change their in game description, lol.
Kindredd Main Ranger level 224
Naharis Rogue 200
Clan Havoc

not an upgrade at all
As i said before, otm it’s self said that these offhands are NOT meant to be upgrades from edl. The intention from adding them was
But as it turns our, some classes did get a direct upgrade (mage is the best example)
They also stated that in future updates, there might be an edl offhand/armor upgrade, but cg offhands? Not meant to be an upgrade, as stated by otm it’s self.

If they aren't meant to be an upgrade and are meant for bt raids only why does it say when you first get your t8 quiver that "you now carry a quiver that has no known equal outside the Palace of of Rath Parras". That description is kind of misleading... Makes it sound like it's supposed to be an upgrade to EDL. Maybe they should at least change their in game description, lol.
Ranger 227+

not an upgrade at all

While I agree it should be an upgrade, there is nothing in that description that says it's meant to be an upgrade or that it relates to dl/edl at all.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

While I agree it should be an upgrade, there is nothing in that description that says it's meant to be an upgrade or that it relates to dl/edl at all.
It says that no quiver outside of the palace is comparable; if that's not talking about the edl quiver I'm not sure what it could be.

Sidenote @splend1d finally somebody got the reference!
Kindredd Main Ranger level 224
Naharis Rogue 200
Clan Havoc

If it wasnt an upgrade of edl, it shouldnt be required to get this upgrade

If it wasnt an upgrade of edl, it shouldnt be required to get this upgrade
I agree. I'm just responding to the npc description. Almost everything else that's a direct upgrade mentions that it is an upgrade.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue