Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Gold sink?

There are plenty of super rare items that you rich peoples could buy, the thing is you just don't want to. I've seen several rarer mounts from previous events going for 5m on Sulis. Dragon eggs also tend to go for 4-5m ea as well.

Or, maybe just pay more than normal price when buying things. Share the wealth, help the poorer people on the server. Instead of negotiating prices down, try bumping them up. Someone says they're selling mount or pet tokens for 50k ea, tell them you will only buy for 75k. Etc.

There are plenty of ways you can spend your money, but it comes down to whether or not you want to spend the money. More "gold sinks" won't fix that.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I see that many ways to get gold from game like mobs, boss drop, daily, but only one consistent gold sink in auction house fees?
I played other games before and inflation became a big problem, do u guys think Celtic heroes needs some sort of gold sink to keep money supply healthy? Maybe something that many players have use for, like having Resto pots or something available for sale in shops.
I highly disagree. You can literally spend 10 million gold in 15 seconds on this game. Wtf do we need else to take our gold away? I'm a very rich player but i worked my tail off for that. I dont need more stuff to waste my gold on, i still have stuff to buy. Who cares about inflation, Cause on CH it really isn't a thing. I mean if it was then why are xps only 3k when 4 years ago they were never under 5k? I'll actually be pissed if VR does this cause there's much more important things that need done, not taking our gold away, or making things to take our gold away. It's kinda irritating how they agreed already, because they want more plat sales and the way they responded makes me feel as if their desire isn't much elsewhere be it a joke or not. Well listen up VR, if you wanna make serious bank, then offer more xp events, Cause that equals more end game players and more plat buyers.
kings pride
mabon - my main server
fingal - what happens in vegas, stays in vegas

Did someone call Fury?
I was summoned by the mention of gold.
Pet food is gold sink, also resetting lux shop for a reaper ring or stormcaller ammy. You can basically never have too much gold in this game.
Too much gold reduces the buying power of gold. This is inflation and its effects. So yes, you can have too much gold. Lugh had a slight problem with inflation, so I stepped in and fixed it(and maybe went a little too far). Players(like me) can be "gold sinks" too, but it shouldn't be like that. Doing such puts me at a disadvantage with my competition since I'm making the sacrifice not them(but I don't really care since I didn't sell off even a quarter of my stuff to acquire such a large sum of gold)
There can't be too many players that view their virtual wealth as an actual achievement.
Throwing shade is unnecessary. You could've said all that and left this out. No reason to be spiteful in this thread . I'm not responding further to this, to not throw the topic off track, but I had to say that. And I'm quite proud of my accumulation of wealth on CH, everyone thinks differently.
kings pride
mabon - my main server

I was summoned by the mention of gold.

Too much gold reduces the buying power of gold. This is inflation and its effects. So yes, you can have too much gold. Lugh had a slight problem with inflation, so I stepped in and fixed it(and maybe went a little too far). Players(like me) can be "gold sinks" too, but it shouldn't be like that. Doing such puts me at a disadvantage with my competition since I'm making the sacrifice not them(but I don't really care since I didn't sell off even a quarter of my stuff to acquire such a large sum of gold)
There can't be too many players that view their virtual wealth as an actual achievement.
Throwing shade is unnecessary. You could've said all that and left this out. No reason to be spiteful in this thread . I'm not responding further to this, to not throw the topic off track, but I had to say that. And I'm quite proud of my accumulation of wealth on CH, everyone thinks differently.
And this is how threads get detailed. Someone decides to throw themselves into something that didn't even have anything to do with them. Just because you chose to take it as an insult doesn't mean it was. Fury doesn't get his feelings hurt. He certainly doesn't need you to come to his rescue.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I see that many ways to get gold from game like mobs, boss drop, daily, but only one consistent gold sink in auction house fees?
I played other games before and inflation became a big problem, do u guys think Celtic heroes needs some sort of gold sink to keep money supply healthy? Maybe something that many players have use for, like having Resto pots or something available for sale in shops.
I highly disagree. You can literally spend 10 million gold in 15 seconds on this game. what do we need else to take our gold away? I'm a very rich player but i worked my tail off for that. I dont need more stuff to waste my gold on, i still have stuff to buy. Who cares about inflation, Cause on CH it really isn't a thing. I mean if it was then why are xps only 3k when 4 years ago they were never under 5k? I'll actually be pissed if VR does this cause there's much more important things that need done, not taking our gold away, or making things to take our gold away. It's kinda irritating how they agreed already, because they want more plat sales and the way they responded makes me feel as if their desire isn't much elsewhere be it a joke or not. Well listen up VR, if you wanna make serious bank, then offer more xp events, Cause that equals more end game players and more plat buyers.
+1

CH does not need more gold sink. Thats crazy. I have spent plenty on this game during my time here and there are still loads of things taking my gold away.

VR would love to add more gold sink to push plat sales. The players not buying plat are probably needing gold now, they will need more if more sinks come. (Don’t come at me with “i never bought plat and have 9 billion gold” because that makes you the exception not the majority) ;-)
TankingLife Level 227 Warrior
TankyToon Level 225 Ranger
TankyTooon Level 205 Druid
TankyToooon Level 216 Mage
Tankytooooon Level 140 Rogue
PrimalTank Level 222 Warrior
Odion Level 191 Rogue
CashMeOusside Level 144 Ranger
HowBowDah Level 144 Ranger

Not everyone has millions of gold lying around. Many of the people who are on the forums might, since they are typically more invested in the game, but a lot of casual players won't. If there were to be anything that would be a "gold sink" it should not affect gameplay at all. Not mounts, not lux, not consumables, nada. It should only be fashion related. I'd be all for having a 5m visuals only mount that you can buy, sure. Or super cool fash, definitely. But nothing that gives people an advantage.
In order for the item to be desirable it has to have a use to it, at least a minor one. At least in my opinion. Some people will buy said awesome ultimate fashion, but if you want a good and true gold sink this is how it has to be done.
(suggestion if fash is incorporated, armor dye and equipping armor as a fash slot item would be nice, or maybe fash slot weapons/offhands)
Don't change anything currently in the game either, though I'd hope that's widely understood. Lux resale (to shop) prices are low enough, and prices are high enough.
Agreed.
There are plenty of super rare items that you rich peoples could buy, the thing is you just don't want to. I've seen several rarer mounts from previous events going for 5m on Sulis. Dragon eggs also tend to go for 4-5m ea as well.
On lugh, eggs go for like 2m, but mounts go for a ton. I've sold 100% horses 15-30m before, and spent 9m+ on mounts at least 5 times before. Theres a market for high end stuff, its just a small one. Though the goldflow from such a transaction is very important, and could allow the gold to flow back into the economy.
Or, maybe just pay more than normal price when buying things. Share the wealth, help the poorer people on the server. Instead of negotiating prices down, try bumping them up. Someone says they're selling mount or pet tokens for 50k ea, tell them you will only buy for 75k. Etc.
The economy doesn't work like that, people seek out deals.
There are plenty of ways you can spend your money, but it comes down to whether or not you want to spend the money. More "gold sinks" won't fix that.
It would fix it, as exchanging gold between players is not deleting it like a gold sink would. Its merely changing hands.
I highly disagree. You can literally spend 10 million gold in 15 seconds on this game. what do we need else to take our gold away? I'm a very rich player but i worked my tail off for that. I dont need more stuff to waste my gold on, i still have stuff to buy. Who cares about inflation, Cause on CH it really isn't a thing. I mean if it was then why are xps only 3k when 4 years ago they were never under 5k? I'll actually be pissed if VR does this cause there's much more important things that need done, not taking our gold away, or making things to take our gold away. It's kinda irritating how they agreed already, because they want more plat sales and the way they responded makes me feel as if their desire isn't much elsewhere be it a joke or not. Well listen up VR, if you wanna make serious bank, then offer more xp events, Cause that equals more end game players and more plat buyers.
Yeah, fast spending is totally possible, once blew through 116m in 2 days lol, took me forever to get it back though. Inflation exists though, just more on some worlds then others. The gold sinks need to exist in order for gold to retain its value, its not about plat sales or anything like that, at least from my angle. Without it, gold will lose its buying power, making things cost more and more, and at the extreme could phase out gold if its useless. To explain the example given, the price drop most likely occurred due to a surplus of xps, or less goldflow then usual. Could just be that the average market price dropped too. Inflation talks about the economy as a whole, but some situations can cause exceptions for certain items.
Someone decides to throw themselves into something that didn't even have anything to do with them. Just because you chose to take it as an insult doesn't mean it was. Fury doesn't get his feelings hurt. He certainly doesn't need you to come to his rescue.
Its a nice gesture to defend, especially when someone is attacked for no reason. And yeah, Im practically invincible to getting butthurt over stuff because Im mentally strong, but it still doesnt make it right to take stabs at people.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

I don’t think you guys understand agold sink. Buying items from players isn’t gold sink, it’s just transferring gold to another player, the gold is still in the market. If you have a KG and kill mord that’s like 80k, gold bosses drop like 10k ea, but what consistent outlet is there to remove gold from the market? Buying hastes, restos, consumables etc isn’t a gold sink, you’re just transferring gold to another player. If we have like maybe a consumables shop where we can buy restos and lix for a slightly higher price than if you converted to plat, which still gives people incentives to buy plat and open chests and also consistently removes gold from the market so gold has actual value. Trading with players isn’t a gold sink :/

Lux is very expensive, Hawkhurst Lockpicks are expensive, Event Mounts are expensive, 5% of AH sales is expensive, Pet Food is expensive, players leaving with their gear/gold is expensive. I don't think we need more gold sinks, just visiting where the gold comes from: raid bosses and legacy bosses. The gold players get from leveling is great, it allows them to *barely* purchase lux. Raid bosses though...

From December 2014 to ~July 2016, Aeon's policy was to collect gold from raid bosses for use in buying alt/rebirth books for the clan. I would estimate around 1.5m of alt/rebirth books were purchased; we killed around half of all raid bosses: the bank had around 8m gold. From that we can extrapolate around 20m gold dropped from raid bosses in that period.

That's ~13m gold added to the economy annually from raid bosses.

If anything, I would adjust this -- raid bosses require far more than 8 people, and most don't collect the gold afterwards, sending it straight into the economy.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Lux is very expensive, Hawkhurst Lockpicks are expensive, Event Mounts are expensive, 5% of AH sales is expensive, Pet Food is expensive, players leaving with their gear/gold is expensive. I don't think we need more gold sinks, just visiting where the gold comes from: raid bosses and legacy bosses. The gold players get from leveling is great, it allows them to *barely* purchase lux. Raid bosses though...

From December 2014 to ~July 2016, Aeon's policy was to collect gold from raid bosses for use in buying alt/rebirth books for the clan. I would estimate around 1.5m of alt/rebirth books were purchased; we killed around half of all raid bosses: the bank had around 8m gold. From that we can extrapolate around 20m gold dropped from raid bosses in that period.

If anything, I would adjust this -- raid bosses require far more than 8 people, and most don't collect the gold afterwards, sending it straight into the economy.
Those things are not expensive. IMO lux/event mounts are too cheap, its called luxury for a reason, not everyone is supposed to have em. 5% AH is fair, but not a good gold sink(but still an important one), pet food is cheap, lockpicks are just for fash(which a smart collector wouldnt buy because it can only fall in value), gear has no economic worth if its not sold, people leaving the game with large amounts of gold is a harmful sink though.

Yes, leveling is good gold, even better with treasure hunter now, and fishing and all that stuff. Bosses aint ment for gold, not really a good arguement. Aside from gold bosses, bosses are ment for the drops mainly. No change is needed. It is easier then ever to make gold, and people always take that for granted. 1m for a divine broom in 2012 was alot harder to get then 1m today. This is why I support the INCREASE of lux/mount prices(for new additions to lux/mounts, but theyd have to be better to be worth it).

People are always blaming the gold drop rates for their economic problems, when in reality its their ignorance to their economy around them. You dont have to be a plat buyer to be rich.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Well honestly imo, 13 million in one year is nothing on this game... bossing for a whole year for 13 million? That's a lot of work for 13 million imo, and there's much more proficient ways to make that. I honestly think that's low... lower than I expected actually. I wish they would find a way to distribute the gold from bosses to more than just the lock group, because tanks, and druids rarely get paid.
kings pride
mabon - my main server