Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Bug or design?

We're having a think on this. It was brought up that it could possibly have been designed as such to be a gold sink. (As that is also quite relevant of a topic today)
Listen I know you guys are trying not to break what otm had modeled out but this however is a flaw and always has been since beta, it needs to be able to be refunded half price if need be, or shouldn’t even cost gold but some other means of acquiring the lux, that’s all it is glorified lux which to me isn’t even worth buying to begin with unless your a tank buying t4 lych rings.

Allow for the half back refund option atleast it’s already no trade this is not a game breaking change and there is already plenty ways that gold sinks are being used around the game.
Relentless the best clan around 8-)
(Don’t @me)

Proud member of CH since July 2011

Retired

Since we are talking about those jewels, seems like they should either be able to be traded within the account that bought them, or able to be sold back to merchants. They arent much of a gold sink anyway if no one buys them because there is nothing to do with them when you've outgrown or replaced them with something else.

We're having a think on this. It was brought up that it could possibly have been designed as such to be a gold sink. (As that is also quite relevant of a topic today)
literally only one person suggested a gold sink, every other player said no. Idk why this is on the top of your guys priority list.... starting to feel doubtful about you guys already... Don't try adding features like a gold sink to a game you dont play, Cause you don't know the economy, so that shouldn't be a choice you guys should make, it should be on the players imo, because we know our economies. Like i said, nobody wanted that but one person. Not trying to be rude, but I believe that you guys are taking the wrong approach.
kings pride
mabon - my main server
fingal - what happens in vegas, stays in vegas

literally only one person suggested a gold sink, every other player said no. Idk why this is on the top of your guys priority list.... starting to feel doubtful about you guys already... Don't try adding features like a gold sink to a game you dont play, Cause you don't know the economy, so that shouldn't be a choice you guys should make, it should be on the players imo, because we know our economies. Like i said, nobody wanted that but one person. Not trying to be rude, but I believe that you guys are taking the wrong approach.
Woah, slow down. We aren't making adding a gold sink as a priority. I was just it came up in the conversation that happens to be brought up that day on the forums. As it may be by design as a gold sink, not that we aren't open to changing it. Still discussing it currently.

More people then that want it. I don't get why people are against it, it is needed for any mmo with money. Those people who don't understand what a gold sink is and why it exists should not object to it, or bandwagon with said people. Just because you have more gold doesn't mean you have more worth. Take a look at currency exchange rates between countries and youll notice 1≠1. In short, 100k gold can be worth less then 50k gold in bad inflation. More isn't always better, so the way to prevent that is gold sinks.

(for the people that are like zOMG my gold!11!one!, this can actually make you richer if you dont spend money when a gold sink is added, so dont use that as an argument)
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

More people then that want it. I don't get why people are against it, it is needed for any mmo with money. Those people who don't understand what a gold sink is and why it exists should not object to it, or bandwagon with said people. Just because you have more gold doesn't mean you have more worth. Take a look at currency exchange rates between countries and youll notice 1≠1. In short, 100k gold can be worth less then 50k gold in bad inflation. More isn't always better, so the way to prevent that is gold sinks.

(for the people that are like zOMG my gold!11!one!, this can actually make you richer if you dont spend money when a gold sink is added, so dont use that as an argument)
We dont want it because it's already hard as *** to make gold in this game. If there is one, it should be only available to end game players. Imo there is absolutely no reason it should be even more expensive than it is right now to level up and play this game. Farming ruins the enjoyability, but thats what we gotta do to make gold. Try restarting without merching and youll see what im talkin about. I like to play a game where i can have fun, not do chores. I've played since 2011 and Its already hard enough to stay around, but if you remove even more of the fun, and make it more grindy then I'm almost sure a lot of players wont play for so long, like i have. The only reason I've stuck around is because i can still gwt on and actually play and enjoy it. What's the point of playing a game if it isnt fun? Because I've never met one person who found farming to be fun... if you take gold out of the economy, then it slows the economy. I can tell you right now, at least on my server, people have seemed to have been poor and the economy has been running slowly, and the onky reason it is picking back up is because of double plat. I don't want my economy to be slower, I want it to be thriving. I want to see an ah with 800+ items at all times, i wanna see things for sale for 10mill, and things for 1 gold. We dont have a gold problem, and if you think there's a problem with too much gold then maybe you should expand your social horizon past the few friends we all have, because 99% of the people on fingal are still grinding it out, and 99% of them still need more gold. I dont think a change is needed for 1%. Sorry VR, but I was kinda judging you by how OTM was, but you cant tell us you're discussing something some of us think is a horrible, negative change, and expect us not to freak, when you haven't even told us anything else you're doing. OTM never even acknowledged what we wanted and only did what they wanted. I'd like to see you guys be different, and respond to suggestion threads thay benefit the community too, and not just you guys, by more plat sales. Hate to say it, but until im shown otherwise, im going to assume you guys are exactly just like otm was, looking out for them, but not us. I'm not trying to down you guys, but I expect you guys to be more active in other suggestion threads that arent about removing gold or new items in plat shop, because that shows to me that you're not just interested in your own wellbeing, but ours too. We wanna have fun and enjoy our game. Like i said, you could literally spend 10 million in 15 seconds. If you cant find something to spend money on this game, you need to be wearing a dunce cap, sorry not sorry. We have plenty of things gold goes into and considering there's multiple different servers all with different economies, how could you accurately judge if a gold sink was needed or not needed? Oh, you cant.
kings pride
mabon - my main server

If VR really believes We need a gold sink, then they need to go look at the Rhiannon forums about the time Abood hacked a unfathomable ton of gold, Cause I remember that helped the economy of that world and shoved it to the front page of servers to transfer to. It even helped the games popularity. There was so many posts on the forums back then, wonder why lol. The more gold, the more trades, the more auction sales, and the more we can spend on all the lixes we use at bosses, idols, pots, lixes for leveling, expensive ass gear we probably wont even be using in 50 levels, then another new set of lux, and another. If there's a problem with spendin it's cause people are cheap asses, kinda like how nobody buys flint, topaz, or opal, but i do, Cause i have gold, and i wanna spend it. There are thousands of items in this game, you just gotta buy them, if you have too much gold.
kings pride
mabon - my main server

Seems like everyone against gold sink doesn’t realize trading doesn’t take gold out of the market or understand basic economics at all. People that don’t buy plat already spend their gold on lixes and stuff, implementing a lix or consumable shop for gold wouldn’t change their consumption whatsoever. AHHHHH GOLD SINK DONT MAKE ME SPEND MY HARD EARNED GOLD. If a system was implemented it would be optional, y’all can still spend your gold however you choose.

If VR really believes We need a gold sink, then they need to go look at the Rhiannon forums about the time Abood hacked a **** ton of gold, Cause I remember that helped the economy of that world and shoved it to the front page of servers to transfer to. It even helped the games popularity. There was so many posts on the forums back then, wonder why lol. The more gold, the more trades, the more auction sales, and the more we can spend on all the lixes we use at bosses, idols, pots, lixes for leveling, expensive ass gear we probably wont even be using in 50 levels, then another new set of lux, and another. If there's a problem with spendin it's cause people are cheap asses, kinda like how nobody buys flint, topaz, or opal, but i do, Cause i have gold, and i wanna spend it. There are thousands of items in this game, you just gotta buy them, if you have too much gold.
If you aren’t a cheap ass then buy a loaf of bread for 200 million marks :)

Just some thoughts:

In terms of gold sinks (soft currency sinks, in general), it is generally better to have them from the beginning bc it's harder to fight the inflation and stores caused by the lack of them later on. Not to say they can't be added, they totally can be! It's just a little bit trickier than if they're built into the core from the beginning. If we're looking at adding a gold sink, it would be based on data pulled on the backend more than it would be on anecdotal evidence.