EPONA'S OPERATION (How it works!)
Epona is a famously free server. We get a lot of transfers from other servers, so to ensure that players have a adequate knowledge of the rules, I've wrote this guide. We are able to down any boss in the game by working collectively among the clans. How does Epona work? It's simple.
- People here want it to stay the same, we see it as a fair way to play, so rules were created to reduce players with ill intentions from getting to the end game. Even end game players will be banned if they refuse to follow the server rules.
- Players who won't play by our rules receive server bans, meaning we won't group them at bosses and we won't count their rolls as valid.
- Basically every boss is camped, so getting drops on a banned toon will be difficult.
- Even if a group got together willing to steal drops and be banned, they can't beat Epona's dps, so now that we know they are stealing drops. We will prevent it from happening again (Side Note: Most people realize it's futile to try overtaking Epona, so things like this rarely happen).
- Epona runs on a roll based system, highest rolls win the loot. This makes it's random and fair. All-roll bosses will typically be lvl 170 and lower. 180, edl, and raid bosses (except hrung and mord) will be class rolls. Anyone can get drops as long as they play fairly by Epona's Bossing/General rules, more on these later.
- Epona uses class rolls to help gear appropriate toons. So only rangers will roll for a ranger item. This helps keep gear in the hands of people who can use it. So yeah a godly blood ring won't go to druid or anything like that, but instead to a valid rogue.
- Usually anything can be sold, unless the clan you are in wants to dictate otherwise. So items aren't usually owned by clans, but by the players.
GENERAL SERVER RULES
- Don't scam. Scamming will result in a permanent ban. Only the majority of the server can un-ban a banned player. And getting unbanned is nearly impossible.
- Epona is full of all kinds of players. Please be respectful to all ages, races, religions, and genders. Extreme negativity can result in a temporary server ban. Repeat offenders will be perma-banned. Basically treat others how you would like to be treated.
- Follow bossing rules.
- Selling your account will result in your toon being permanently banned and will probably be reported to OTM/VR team.
- Selling your items for real life currency will result in your toon being permanently banned.
- Don't share your account information.
- Don't kill steal mobs from other players. Doing so is is rude, and may result in temporary ban if it persists. Also Respect other people's lixing areas, if someone is lixing, don't lix up and try to take the mobs from them.
BOSSING RULES! (Literally )
PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING:
Certain bosses have certain rules that may not be mentioned below, here are basic requirements for those bosses:
- Necro- DL aura is Required! Haste may be required depending on dps present.
- Proteus- DL aura is required! Haste is required for rogues, rangers, and dps warriors.
- Gelebron- EDL aura is Required! All must help on crystals (except tanks and druids), not helping will result in not rolling. Haste required for rogues, rangers, dps warriors.
- Bloodthorn- EDL aura is Required! Level 210 minimum. 4-5 potions of purification are needed. All (except main tank, druids, and vine rangers) must help on roots, not helping will result in not rolling. Haste required for rogues, rangers, dps warriors.
- Epona is a free server, to decide on who gets what drop we roll after the boss dies. Usually rolls occur at the closest ley or on spot after boss dies (the latter is mostly for legacies). The highest rolls get drops. Highest rolling player picks the first drop, second highest gets next pick, and so on, if players roll a number that ties with another, then they will re-roll. The highest of the re-roll will pick their drop and the lowest of the re-roll will get next pick. (Ex: Yurian rolls 100, so first pick, unless another 100 is rolled. If Faile rolls 100, both Yurian and Faile would re-roll, the higher re-rolled number gets first pick, and the other player gets second pick. Dismay rolls 85, third pick. Cloud rolls 84, fourth pick. Elayne rolls 36, fifth pick).
- To participate at any boss, your level must be at least within 10 levels of the said bosses' level. (Ex: Cragskor is level 205, to participate and expect a roll, you must at least be level 195). This rule applies at any boss.
- Your character must be geared with equipment that will be effective at killing the boss. If your gear is not appropriate another player can ask for you to be "no-rolled", meaning your roll will not count for that boss if the majority present agree you are not geared fairly. Usually the participating players at the boss will be able to decide if your gear is appropriate. (Ex: players at necro need dl aura, players at gelebron need edl aura, players at any boss need to be fairly geared with jewels/weapons/armor for the boss or a player can ask for you to be no-rolled).
- You roll for your character's class only for class roll bosses, which are mentioned in the next rule. If you have a valid character of another class you can call to roll that class. Just shout the class you intend to roll (If at necro, and I'm on my ranger, I can call to roll for rogue drops, as long as my rogue is level 180 with dl armor, and appropriately geared I can shout that I will be rolling rogue). If you do not call to roll another class, then the class you are playing will be your default class. You can not change classes after the boss dies. Only before or during boss.
- Some bosses are class rolls. Typically Snorri, all edl bosses, Necro, Proteus, Gelebron, and Bloodthorn, and most end game legacy bosses are class roll bosses. If you aren't sure if the boss is class roll or all-roll, please ask.
- There are some exceptions to rule 5. If an item drops and there are no players of the particular class at the boss (or if no players called that class), then the item will be subjected to a all-roll. (Ex: A Druid totem drops at Necro, but no Druid is at the boss, or if the druid called a different class, then the totem will be rolled for by all the bosses' valid participants).
- Roll only after the main tank ask your class to roll or after they ask everyone to roll. You will ONLY ROLL ONCE for all-roll bosses (Ex: At mord, each player will only be allowed one roll, no more). You may roll twice if there is a drop of your class and an all-roll item at class bosses (Ex: At Gelebron, I'm rolling the ranger class, I get 1 roll for any ranger item, and 1 roll for the Conflux of Pureness).
- When the main tank pulls the boss, everyone at the boss is on time, all others will be considered late and will not receive a roll. Some exceptions may apply, but only if the main tank decides to make them.
- If a player in lock group decides to unfairly take a drop, they will be banned until the drop is returned. If it happens repeatedly, this will result in a permanent server ban for that player.
- If there is only one group present, then no one will roll, unless it's a class boss in which case players will still roll for the items of their class. Otherwise the drops will remain with the players it drops on, because the drops are already randomly given to the participants. • Note 1: If a valid player (valid would mean at the boss, of proper level, and fairly geared) sends a group request and you refuse to group the player AND refuse to roll for the drop after the boss dies you will be temporarily banned, if you don't group up, a roll WILL take place. • Note 2: if there is only one group and a class item drops on a participant of that class, then that player would keep the drop instead of subjecting it to a roll (Ex: If there is only 1 group at 215, and a yellow arc drops on a ranger, then that ranger would keep even if other rangers are in the group. No roll will occur).
- Dual logging is always helpful. Feel free to do so, but two participating toons does not mean you get two rolls. Anyone caught double rolling on toons will be permanently banned.
- IF you can't stay for the rolling ceremony after the boss for some reason, you have two options: You can say, "I have to go. My roll for (insert class)" then you roll. Or you can say, "I have to go, (insert name) will be rolling for me".
- Do not under any circumstance invite banned players to your boss groups. Server banned players are banned for a reason. They aren't allowed to participate at any boss.
- If you feel any wrongdoing happened at a boss, collect as much evidence for your case via screen shots, witnesses, video, etc and present it to the server through our WeChat groups. Review the rules and make sure you have a strong case before presenting any evidence.
- Have fun and play fair!
Author's Note: Hi I'm Yurian Stonebow, a endgame player on Epona. I wrote these rules as a reference to old and new players alike. It took quite a while to write most of these from memory, and with the help of my clannies, Goonies, and other Clan leaders I've managed to basically cover Epona's unified rules. Hope to see y'all in game!