Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Gold sink?

Did someone call Fury?
I was summoned by the mention of gold.
Pet food is gold sink, also resetting lux shop for a reaper ring or stormcaller ammy. You can basically never have too much gold in this game.
Too much gold reduces the buying power of gold. This is inflation and its effects. So yes, you can have too much gold. Lugh had a slight problem with inflation, so I stepped in and fixed it(and maybe went a little too far). Players(like me) can be "gold sinks" too, but it shouldn't be like that. Doing such puts me at a disadvantage with my competition since I'm making the sacrifice not them(but I don't really care since I didn't sell off even a quarter of my stuff to acquire such a large sum of gold).
Reduce lux shop resell value
Nah, its what makes some stuff worth owning even. No one wants an icecrystal pendent, the shopsell is the only thing that keeps it viable. Plus, it would throw off the balance of everything selling 50% shop to some shop.
TLDW, its pretty much common sense. You need to add expensive, desirable items, which once purchased has no/little possibility of bringing gold back into the game. Half price lux just doesnt cut it.
The part I bolded is the part I agree with. There needs to be high demand stuff, preferably limited time(no aeon/shop later), that is EXPENSIVE. The divine brooms were 1m shop IN 2012, The spectral ammy was 1m IN 2013. That was alota money back then. I would totally suggest bringing back lux and mount shops... everyone loved em. But if mount shops were bought back, there may be a need for a new 5m and 10m tier(maybe more for yours truely), and they would have to be able to compete with battlemounts. They were a great tool for casters, and sometimes even melees, so I'd like to see it make a return, speaking as a novelty mage myself.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

=
Reduce lux shop resell value
Nah, its what makes some stuff worth owning even. No one wants an icecrystal pendent, the shopsell is the only thing that keeps it viable. Plus, it would throw off the balance of everything selling 50% shop to some shop
Well they are going to have to own a pendant if they want a chance at a stormcaller ammy in lux shop - ergo - gold sink
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

The problem I see with legacy shop no one really buys anything on my server if it’s crap, they just wait for reset. So even if it cost 1m it’s not gold sink if no one buys it. Maybe refresh legacy shop every couple days or add something that people use a lot of like resto pots

As an end gamer who regularly raids and doesn’t buy plat I rarely ever have more than two mil at one time.

Raiding itself presents plenty of gold sink through daily hasting and other lix consumption.

Likely a different story for regular plat buyers, but I expect the majority of gamers to be free to players.
Wattzon of Sulis

I love the resto “gold sink” idea that and mount whistles have restos priced at 300 gold each commonly on most servers and idk maybe 500-1k gold per whistle(may need to be bumped up a bit just an idea for now)

These would be excellent seeing as most if not all players use these items or even would begin in doing so in the whistle seeing as the only way to get these is from straight plat and players hardly resell these if they do get them I know I don’t.

As a rogue I’m always needing restos so there’s that boom great gold sink for the many ladders of players from early game - end game
Relentless the best clan around 8-)
(Don’t @me)

Proud member of CH since July 2011

Retired

Did someone call Fury?
I was summoned by the mention of gold.
Pet food is gold sink, also resetting lux shop for a reaper ring or stormcaller ammy. You can basically never have too much gold in this game.
Too much gold reduces the buying power of gold. This is inflation and its effects. So yes, you can have too much gold. Lugh had a slight problem with inflation, so I stepped in and fixed it(and maybe went a little too far). Players(like me) can be "gold sinks" too, but it shouldn't be like that. Doing such puts me at a disadvantage with my competition since I'm making the sacrifice not them(but I don't really care since I didn't sell off even a quarter of my stuff to acquire such a large sum of gold)
Well you don't have to choose to put yourself at a disadvantage. Servers will also do fine without someone appointing their self as responsible for fixing gold issue or whatever it is you perceived needing to be fixed.

And who is your competition? There can't be too many players that view their virtual wealth as an actual achievement.

The reason players start to accumulate gold (other than the ones that think it's just neat to have a lot of gold) is because the game fails to continue to offer desirable items (like fashion/lux/mounts) or the players are set with consumables.

OTM did bring in the recycle lux shop and that was a gold sink for awhile as players really wanted to get a reaper or wyld ammy or just some decent lux. But it turned out to be too much of a gold sink and players stopped spending gold on it as the rate of return is typically miserable.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

No. Just no.

Not everyone has millions of gold lying around. Many of the people who are on the forums might, since they are typically more invested in the game, but a lot of casual players won't. If there were to be anything that would be a "gold sink" it should not affect gameplay at all. Not mounts, not lux, not consumables, nada. It should only be fashion related. I'd be all for having a 5m visuals only mount that you can buy, sure. Or super cool fash, definitely. But nothing that gives people an advantage.

Don't change anything currently in the game either, though I'd hope that's widely understood. Lux resale (to shop) prices are low enough, and prices are high enough.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

But if mount shops were bought back, there may be a need for a new 5m and 10m tier(maybe more for yours truely), and they would have to be able to compete with battlemounts. They were a great tool for casters, and sometimes even melees, so I'd like to see it make a return, speaking as a novelty mage myself.
Holy balls on fire batman. 10m for a mount? Damnnnnnn that better be a fly ass dragon with 200% speed increase, 50% speed glide, 200 regans, a fireball skill, unlimited carrying capacity, bank access, and I better be able to use my bow and quiver. My maxed battle mount is worth half that much and is better than any other mount I can get, so if I'm buying a mount worth 10m it better be hella good. And I'm talking if you see me on this thing, you will want to immediately quit drinking and tell your kids you love them for once. If you glance in my direction you damn phone better vibrate. If you even think about looking at me your eyes better water. 10m for a mount never in all my years...

But if mount shops were bought back, there may be a need for a new 5m and 10m tier(maybe more for yours truely), and they would have to be able to compete with battlemounts. They were a great tool for casters, and sometimes even melees, so I'd like to see it make a return, speaking as a novelty mage myself.
Holy balls on fire batman. 10m for a mount? Damnnnnnn that better be a fly ass dragon with 200% speed increase, 50% speed glide, 200 regans, a fireball skill, unlimited carrying capacity, bank access, and I better be able to use my bow and quiver. My maxed battle mount is worth half that much and is better than any other mount I can get, so if I'm buying a mount worth 10m it better be hella good. And I'm talking if you see me on this thing, you will want to immediately quit drinking and tell your kids you love them for once. If you glance in my direction you damn phone better vibrate. If you even think about looking at me your eyes better water. 10m for a mount never in all my years...
A mount or some mounts can go for that much (or more) depending on the server, rarity, and because someone is willing to pay that.

Would I pay that much for a mount? Nope. Would you? Nope. But there are some that will.

In the end though, those that want to sell items are at the mercy of buyers. If no one would buy a specific item for more than a certain amount, the the seller would have to drop the cost. Of course the seller can hold on to it but if they want to sell. They'd have to drop the cost.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

A mount or some mounts can go for that much (or more) depending on the server, rarity, and because someone is willing to pay that.

Would I pay that much for a mount? Nope. Would you? Nope. But there are some that will.

In the end though, those that want to sell items are at the mercy of buyers. If no one would buy a specific item for more than a certain amount, the the seller would have to drop the cost. Of course the seller can hold on to it but if they want to sell. They'd have to drop the cost.
I didn't say I wouldn't buy it, because I would if it's better than what I have now by a wide margin, like the mount I described in the post lol. Otherwise it can stay in the mount shop, because it's definitely not worth it. I don't think any mount would sell for much more than 5m on Epona, but I feel like gold may have more value there than some other servers.