Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Edl vs Featherdraw what am I missing?

Longshot isn’t a bad skill, it’s just not worth using while hasted which is super unfortunate. Great for gele xtals and great for when you’re not hasted. And it’s even more amazing when you hotswap a gele ring, even an imperial/godly silverweb ring.

Imo it needs the same cast time as double shot, it’s already penalizing enough because of the whole range thing and pin effect in certain situations.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Longshot isn’t a bad skill, it’s just not worth using while hasted which is super unfortunate. Great for gele xtals and great for when you’re not hasted. And it’s even more amazing when you hotswap a gele ring, even an imperial/godly silverweb ring.

Imo it needs the same cast time as double shot, it’s already penalizing enough because of the whole range thing and pin effect in certain situations.
At 50/50 every longshot that hits is a positive dps gain. Even when hasted. Unfortunately on a lot of bosses it has aweful hit rate because physical evasions are dumb
Last edited by Ventius on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

If u cast the right skills at the right time longshot comes off faster. It’s not a glitch or anything but when hasted longshot does seem to come off faster. Mix that with some other skill timings and u can pretty much cut the animation time in half and get right back to autoing. It’s a great dps skill sadly not many rangers utilize it to its fullest
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

If u cast the right skills at the right time longshot comes off faster. It’s not a glitch or anything but when hasted longshot does seem to come off faster. Mix that with some other skill timings and u can pretty much cut the animation time in half and get right back to autoing. It’s a great dps skill sadly not many rangers utilize it to its fullest
Ive used longshot in the past and liked it quite a lot. Only thing that prevents me from using it is skill points. Still think it needs the same cast time as double shot
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Ive used longshot in the past and liked it quite a lot. Only thing that prevents me from using it is skill points. Still think it needs the same cast time as double shot
what really needs to be done is remove the dumb pinning effect and make it unavoidable. Aka a weaker sneaky attack. If this happened I can guarantee more people would use it and it wouldn’t be broken or overpowered.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

depending on the boss I’d use longshot with the skill active
And lose divine autos? nty
I’ve actually tested it quite a bit and I’m doing more damage if I’m casting longshot. And when it crits it’s even better. I also quickswap a royal gele ring for longshot though so that may be why.
maybe worth it for edl quiver but defiantly not the new one
Hi

what really needs to be done is remove the dumb pinning effect and make it unavoidable. Aka a weaker sneaky attack. If this happened I can guarantee more people would use it and it wouldn’t be broken or overpowered.
I actually love the pinning effect. Yes, it is horrible when kiting bosses...I've accidentally killed many rogues by not paying enough attention :? but when the boss is being tanked, or you are solo-kiting something, it's really handy. If solo-kiting a boss, and your second bolas misses, you can longshot the mob/boss for just long enough to get the third bolas on (if you are fast). The distance also really isn't a problem...rangers aren't supposed to be right up next to the boss. Just run back a bit and use it (then just stay there).
Last edited by Eragon123 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

[quote="Ventius"what really needs to be done is remove the dumb pinning effect and make it unavoidable. Aka a weaker sneaky attack. If this happened I can guarantee more people would use it and it wouldn’t be broken or overpowered.
I actually love the pinning effect. Yes, it is horrible when kiting bosses...I've accidentally killed many rogues by not paying enough attention :? but when the boss is being tanked, or you are solo-kiting something, it's really handy. If solo-kiting a boss, and your second bolas misses, you can longshot the mob/boss for just long enough to get the third bolas on (if you are fast). The distance also really isn't a problem...rangers aren't supposed to be right up next to the boss. Just run back a bit and use it (then just stay there).[/quote]
Personally love killing rogues with longshot._.

P.S fix the new quiv
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.