Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Edl vs Featherdraw what am I missing?

I’m pretty sure these offhands were mostly designed for the Bloodthorn encounter and they seem pretty effective at it.

The quiver is a slight upgrade to the EDL, but we didn’t get the best upgrade out of all classes. So whether we get a small buff or not, wouldn’t matter to me.
OTM confirmed that these offhands were madr SPECIFICALLY for gardens and BT. They are not a major upgrade, not for all classes.
Druids still need to switch to edl for ghosts and gele
Warriors CAN switch to edl on anything other than BT for the divine cloak
And I believe only edl spite works on necro’s ghosts
Mages definitely is an upgrade, along with dps druids.
We are still yet to discover the last offhand’s skill, energy shield mage’s offhand, im curios to see it.
With that being said, i do agree with vent’s suggestions. Rangers could use some slight buff, and warriors offhand skill needs to be reworked or boosted.
Maybe fix BT helm canceling DG aura and upgrade those offhands? Would be nice

Poor rogues...

If the quiver actually gave 1600 divine damage as stated I could understand,but after blowing half a dozen hastes running tests,swapping gears etc. The quiver isnt worth it. Making the skill length the same as wrath and correcting the damage output is what needs to happen...period
making the quiver 30 seconds with 1600 divine would make us instantly go from having the worst offhand to unquestionably the strongest. Our quivers dps output would be higher than a solo spiting rogue lol...I agree the quiver needs a buff but let’s not throw crazy numbers out there like this or VR will never take out calls seriously.

As it is, rogues go from 2 spiters to 6 spiters on a boss. A huge boost to rogues dps. Druids get a nuke divine skill that has a built in magic lure. Warriors get an actual dps offhand. Granted, the skill could also do with a buff but it’s a step in the right direction for the class. Mages get a dot added to their nuke skill and both fire and ice books have dif skills so 2 dots can be on the boss at a time.

As it currently stands, from a purely auto based output the skill is 100% equal in output to the edl quiver. 800/30 secs vs 1600/15 secs. Old quiver gets 2 double shot casts at 1600 damage each without using any cd. New quiver only has time for 1 at 3200. Again, totally equal. If you were to cd swap you get 3 casts using edl and 2 casts using the new quiver. 4800 vs 6400. The gardens quiver comes out on top here but how many people firstly know how to cd swap and secondly actually bother to do it? Very few. If you take into account human error and lag then it becomes increasingly hard to do. You could perma equip a cd brace for the duration of the skill but then you’d be better of just casting once and leaving your normal braces on.

Imo the quiver needs either a small buff to the damage or duration. NOT BOTH. Either increase the damage to 1700 at t8, 1750 at t9 and 1800 at t10 or a duration increase to 20 seconds. These changes would actually give the skill a boost when compared to edl without being an OTT buff.
Bro you have a pretty sweet edl quiver if your wrath lasts for 30 seconds. Its supposed to be an upgrade not a compromise, mages on my server and Im sure everywhere else are having nerdgasms all over the place. The quiver was poorly executed.
Lex Talionis -231 ranger
Moo Cow General
Ranger Corp 6* Boss
First Proteus kill on Fingal, First Gelebron kill on droid,Last one to sleep on
I've failed more times than you've ever tried, that's where we differ.

Generally I feel like everything about BT is poorly done. Perhaps OTM knew they're gonna be laid off and thus did that as poorly :S (one can wonder).

BT necks - lack of dmg for melee classes, lack of dps/heals for casters. Need to put dex/dmg over armour for warriors, dmg over vit/dex for rogues rangers, ability/direct skillboost over defence for mages and druids.

BT helms - apparently break dg aura even tho they arent meant to. Useless. That way they just ruined the fun in BT.

Offhands - warrior needs 50 slash, pummel boost, dmg boost to offhand skill and dmg number on stat page. Rangers need a cooldown reduction on it to be OVERALL higher dps (more than just 500 dex) and not just higher burst, but keep same dmg. Rogues need their spites overlapping to fix, not to overlap each other (ss and qs rondel), and t8 to be resisted by t9 and t10, and t9 to be resisted by t10. Druids need a boon addition to their heal offhand, and complete revamp for the sanctuary/rescue offhand (rescue? really??), mages Id boost the initial dmg of their offhand from 6k to 8k-9k.

I think it'd be ok if all the skills were instant cast too, that way no class is neglected and all the classes that are heavily dragged down by more casting time can enjoy it.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Poor rogues...

If the quiver actually gave 1600 divine damage as stated I could understand,but after blowing half a dozen hastes running tests,swapping gears etc. The quiver isnt worth it. Making the skill length the same as wrath and correcting the damage output is what needs to happen...period
making the quiver 30 seconds with 1600 divine would make us instantly go from having the worst offhand to unquestionably the strongest. Our quivers dps output would be higher than a solo spiting rogue lol...I agree the quiver needs a buff but let’s not throw crazy numbers out there like this or VR will never take out calls seriously.

As it is, rogues go from 2 spiters to 6 spiters on a boss. A huge boost to rogues dps. Druids get a nuke divine skill that has a built in magic lure. Warriors get an actual dps offhand. Granted, the skill could also do with a buff but it’s a step in the right direction for the class. Mages get a dot added to their nuke skill and both fire and ice books have dif skills so 2 dots can be on the boss at a time.

As it currently stands, from a purely auto based output the skill is 100% equal in output to the edl quiver. 800/30 secs vs 1600/15 secs. Old quiver gets 2 double shot casts at 1600 damage each without using any cd. New quiver only has time for 1 at 3200. Again, totally equal. If you were to cd swap you get 3 casts using edl and 2 casts using the new quiver. 4800 vs 6400. The gardens quiver comes out on top here but how many people firstly know how to cd swap and secondly actually bother to do it? Very few. If you take into account human error and lag then it becomes increasingly hard to do. You could perma equip a cd brace for the duration of the skill but then you’d be better of just casting once and leaving your normal braces on.

Imo the quiver needs either a small buff to the damage or duration. NOT BOTH. Either increase the damage to 1700 at t8, 1750 at t9 and 1800 at t10 or a duration increase to 20 seconds. These changes would actually give the skill a boost when compared to edl without being an OTT buff.
Bro you have a pretty sweet edl quiver if your wrath lasts for 30 seconds. Its supposed to be an upgrade not a compromise, mages on my server and Im sure everywhere else are having nerdgasms all over the place. The quiver was poorly executed.
im sorry what? Does your edl wrath skill not last for 30 seconds? Because every other ranger in the game has a 30 sec duration on their edl wrath..

If you actually read my post I offered a more realistic buff to the quiver. What you suggested, 1600 damage with a 30 sec duration is broken and I am a huge -1 to changing the skill to that. I suggested a small damage boost OR a buff to the skill duration that would actually put it ahead of the edl quiver. Another possible solution that was also mentioned in this thread is to lower the cooldown of the skill. Any one of these would be a very welcome change without breaking the balance of the game.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Yeh its 30 seconds...the only fix that would be agreeable is to reduce the cooldown. I dont see anyone using Gelebron bows more for the minor magic damage boost, its something we can do without. Unless BT has no resist to flamboyant casting animations. After the long wait, more was expected and it's just all fallen so short.
Lex Talionis -231 ranger
Moo Cow General
Ranger Corp 6* Boss
First Proteus kill on Fingal, First Gelebron kill on droid,Last one to sleep on
I've failed more times than you've ever tried, that's where we differ.

not an upgrade at all
Pretty much this is thr answer to the OP.
As i said before, otm it’s self said that these offhands are NOT meant to be upgrades from edl. The intention from adding them was
1) because they removed offhands from lux shop
2) to provide BURST divine dmg/support skills on BT ONLY
But as it turns our, some classes did get a direct upgrade (mage is the best example)
They also stated that in future updates, there might be an edl offhand/armor upgrade, but cg offhands? Not meant to be an upgrade, as stated by otm it’s self.