Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Edl vs Featherdraw what am I missing?

Seriously, whats the point anymore? Rangers get the shaft. For one the offhand only lasts half the time of wrath so I lose my second double shot, and the skill doesnt come close to a 1600 divine damage increase. Ive been testing all day long and I can't find a reason to use this thing. Can someone clarify this, wtf am I missing?
Lex Talionis -231 ranger
Moo Cow General
Ranger Corp 6* Boss
First Proteus kill on Fingal, First Gelebron kill on droid,Last one to sleep on
I've failed more times than you've ever tried, that's where we differ.

Re: Edl vs Featherdraw what am I missing?

I havnt tested it much as I just got it, but I know you can get 2 doubles in if u have necro imp or godly recast. With imp u have to ds right after quiver and be quick as f on recast and it will fire as quiver ends. But from what I have seen numberwise I havnt seen a boost. As for the dex, if u have dg u don’t notice a difference because u already have massive attack anyway.
Server: Danu since 2011
Clan - Ascension
Sockthief -- Level 227 Ranger
Siegengine -- Level 182 Warrior
Stinkysock -- Level 180 Rogue

Rangers get by far the smallest boost from edl to gardens quiver. Just have to cop it I guess. It is a small dps boost atleast.

And yes you need minimum 25% cd to get 2 casts of double shot off. 30% is ideal. That atleast gives you an extra second if lag or something strikes.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Poor rogues...

If the quiver actually gave 1600 divine damage as stated I could understand,but after blowing half a dozen hastes running tests,swapping gears etc. The quiver isnt worth it. Making the skill length the same as wrath and correcting the damage output is what needs to happen...period
Lex Talionis -231 ranger
Moo Cow General
Ranger Corp 6* Boss
First Proteus kill on Fingal, First Gelebron kill on droid,Last one to sleep on
I've failed more times than you've ever tried, that's where we differ.

Poor rogues...

If the quiver actually gave 1600 divine damage as stated I could understand,but after blowing half a dozen hastes running tests,swapping gears etc. The quiver isnt worth it. Making the skill length the same as wrath and correcting the damage output is what needs to happen...period
making the quiver 30 seconds with 1600 divine would make us instantly go from having the worst offhand to unquestionably the strongest. Our quivers dps output would be higher than a solo spiting rogue lol...I agree the quiver needs a buff but let’s not throw crazy numbers out there like this or VR will never take out calls seriously.

As it is, rogues go from 2 spiters to 6 spiters on a boss. A huge boost to rogues dps. Druids get a nuke divine skill that has a built in magic lure. Warriors get an actual dps offhand. Granted, the skill could also do with a buff but it’s a step in the right direction for the class. Mages get a dot added to their nuke skill and both fire and ice books have dif skills so 2 dots can be on the boss at a time.

As it currently stands, from a purely auto based output the skill is 100% equal in output to the edl quiver. 800/30 secs vs 1600/15 secs. Old quiver gets 2 double shot casts at 1600 damage each without using any cd. New quiver only has time for 1 at 3200. Again, totally equal. If you were to cd swap you get 3 casts using edl and 2 casts using the new quiver. 4800 vs 6400. The gardens quiver comes out on top here but how many people firstly know how to cd swap and secondly actually bother to do it? Very few. If you take into account human error and lag then it becomes increasingly hard to do. You could perma equip a cd brace for the duration of the skill but then you’d be better of just casting once and leaving your normal braces on.

Imo the quiver needs either a small buff to the damage or duration. NOT BOTH. Either increase the damage to 1700 at t8, 1750 at t9 and 1800 at t10 or a duration increase to 20 seconds. These changes would actually give the skill a boost when compared to edl without being an OTT buff.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple