Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Quick question for everyone

I've been trying to suggest the attendance system in our server since the day I heard about it a couple months ago. I think it's a great system to prevent people from going inactive on camping. Only issue I see is the amount of administration it requires, many of our leaders are busy and can barely keep up with adding the current dkp, I don't see how they could possibly keep up with such a system
A basic attendance system isn’t much maintenance, before handing out gear check how much dkp the player has earned in x amount of time, if they haven’t earned minimum attendance they can’t get the item
Yes, but making the attendance spreadsheet and putting on peoples names in the first place. In 1 day perhaps we kill 50 bosses/phes ( only counting bolg, troll, 205, 210, 215). Putting at least 100 names on that spreadsheet every single day is a lot. I ask you, people from Arawn, how do your leaders manage both dkp and this attendance board?
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

I've been trying to suggest the attendance system in our server since the day I heard about it a couple months ago. I think it's a great system to prevent people from going inactive on camping. Only issue I see is the amount of administration it requires, many of our leaders are busy and can barely keep up with adding the current dkp, I don't see how they could possibly keep up with such a system
A basic attendance system isn’t much maintenance, before handing out gear check how much dkp the player has earned in x amount of time, if they haven’t earned minimum attendance they can’t get the item
Yes, but making the attendance spreadsheet and putting on peoples names in the first place. In 1 day perhaps we kill 50 bosses/phes ( only counting bolg, troll, 205, 210, 215). Putting at least 100 names on that spreadsheet every single day is a lot. I ask you, people from Arawn, how do your leaders manage both dkp and this attendance board?
Don’t play on arawn but I made the spreadsheet in question and managed it solo for a year before I was kicked from the project randomly (psychotic gen didn’t like that I was a clansman with a job like that :lol: )
I originally ran the spreadsheet dkp like, updating it for each boss. This took me 5 hours a day to do... did this for 2 weeks before I developed a new system.
All of our attends for bosses were stored in posts for each boss downed in the chat so it would read like:
Snorri 6 down 6:32 reopens ...
Attend: bobthemage, phenomenon, apoptosis...

What I did instead was require everyone to post using either an official nickname or to use full toon names. The chat program we used had a search tool (like control F) and I used that and it told me how many times that toon was mentioned in the chat. Then I manually recorded it for each toon in a spreadsheet and wallah.
This took me 1 hour to do and I did it every 2 weeks. General upkeep of spreadsheets took me maybe 2 hours a month so it wasn’t too bad.

I still disagreed with how the attend was used, why I demoted myself from guardian in April of 2017. But continued to update it cuz it removed a lot of the errors the old guess and give system had where attendance was 100% arbitrary and anyone could bid on anything. Started the whole system after gen randomly gave dg Bp to someone who showed up to 11 bosses in the past 3 months instead of s general who was averaging 238 a month only cuz the gen missed logging for that one gele and the gen giving the gear out was impatient so gave to first rogue he thought deserved it...

IMO an attend system needs to record by toons not by player. If recorded by player you get toons being used improperly and just sitting their useless taking free gear instead of it going to another toon of that class.
Arawns system is by player but as the guy who spent hundreds of hours creating it I have to say it’s better than nothing ;)

I was removed from the project a while ago and never got added back on, but since I started it I have offline versions of it I can share if you want to see how I had it structured :)

EDIT: old system took me 5 hours a day to do assuming I was at 70% of the bosses downed that day. I had insanely high activity while doing this :lol: was a lot easier to just update during the kill than after.
On days where I had a lot of class it could take 6-7 hours :/
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

time zones are linked apparently to inactivity...that’s how short sighted active time zones think. (Mob mentality)

when u do points systems due to this puts ‘NICE PEEPS’ in this bracket. (This just speeds up them NOT wanting to log or a disinterest)

Personally I evolved as a manager of players and always looked at a whole years activity. To syphon out the true good personalities needed for a strong clan base every year.

things get stale like bread if you can’t think ahead.

time zones are linked apparently to inactivity...that’s how short sighted active time zones think. (Mob mentality)

when u do points systems due to this puts ‘NICE PEEPS’ in this bracket. (This just speeds up them NOT wanting to log or a disinterest)

Personally I evolved as a manager of players and always looked at a whole years activity. To syphon out the true good personalities needed for a strong clan base every year.

Depends on the players. I played the graveyard shift most of the time on arawn cuz of how I slept. Played from 8pm to 5am EST usually and we had very few problems getting players on. Ya we had raged bosses and I had to trilog to get anything done, but we still killed bosses.

A well rounded clan can kill stuff any time and does kill stuff any time.
Bob The God

Depends on the players. I played the graveyard shift most of the time on arawn cuz of how I slept. Played from 8pm to 5am EST usually and we had very few problems getting players on. Ya we had raged bosses and I had to trilog to get anything done, but we still killed bosses.

This is not a personal comment dig at you cause you done what you could by the looks as do some other players constantly.
But...a well rounded clan you should never have to tri log in all honesty bud.

This is not a personal comment dig at you cause you done what you could by the looks as do some other players constantly.
Pretty much required in every clan for fights now a days. Not for edl’s usually but for bt gele it is.

Only difference is in whether or not clan enables multiloggers to be geared efficiently or not. My clan on arawn only geared leaders alts so my alts had garbage gear xD even tho i trilogged all da time :roll;

But also that clan wasn’t well rounded at times and struggled with graveyard.
What I’m trying to show though is that a EG clan that cares about edl bosses that much can kill them around the clock.
Bob The God

Don’t play on arawn but I made the spreadsheet in question and managed it solo for a year before I was kicked from the project randomly (psychotic gen didn’t like that I was a clansman with a job like that :lol: )
I originally ran the spreadsheet dkp like, updating it for each boss. This took me 5 hours a day to do... did this for 2 weeks before I developed a new system.
All of our attends for bosses were stored in posts for each boss downed in the chat so it would read like:

What I did instead was require everyone to post using either an official nickname or to use full toon names. The chat program we used had a search tool (like control F) and I used that and it told me how many times that toon was mentioned in the chat. Then I manually recorded it for each toon in a spreadsheet and wallah.
This took me 1 hour to do and I did it every 2 weeks. General upkeep of spreadsheets took me maybe 2 hours a month so it wasn’t too bad.

I still disagreed with how the attend was used, why I demoted myself from guardian in April of 2017. But continued to update it cuz it removed a lot of the errors the old guess and give system had where attendance was 100% arbitrary and anyone could bid on anything. Started the whole system after gen randomly gave dg Bp to someone who showed up to 11 bosses in the past 3 months instead of s general who was averaging 238 a month only cuz the gen missed logging for that one gele and the gen giving the gear out was impatient so gave to first rogue he thought deserved it...

IMO an attend system needs to record by toons not by player. If recorded by player you get toons being used improperly and just sitting their useless taking free gear instead of it going to another toon of that class.
Arawns system is by player but as the guy who spent hundreds of hours creating it I have to say it’s better than nothing ;)

I was removed from the project a while ago and never got added back on, but since I started it I have offline versions of it I can share if you want to see how I had it structured :)

EDIT: old system took me 5 hours a day to do assuming I was at 70% of the bosses downed that day. I had insanely high activity while doing this :lol: was a lot easier to just update during the kill than after.
Ah yes, I'm pretty sure I know what you are talking about, I was not sure if that would be reliable enough though, but I guess it is because sometimes people ask things in it etc. I'm assuming you use the clear history option as well?
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

Ah yes, I'm pretty sure I know what you are talking about, I was not sure if that would be reliable enough though, but I guess it is because sometimes people ask things in it etc. I'm assuming you use the clear history option as well?
No we just prohibited chatter in that chat. Had a bunch of different public chat rooms for clan and each month we made a new one for posting boss death times and attends. I established a margin of error after the first month as well that could be used but we never really needed it.

The charting system worked well. But really thats the easy part. The more difficult part is using it fairly. Is it per toon or per player, what bosses count, is attend only factor, what about offline work like charting, what other factors play in... etc etc...
When I made the charts I tried to record other factors I could with the data as well. Constructed it so it displayed things that would correspond to time in clan and show activity over a long period of time so it wasn't just short term stuff being measured. But really it comes down to if the leaders use it or not. On arawn it was used sometimes but not often and was just a background item. But I know on many worlds systems like these are forefront for gearing people.
Bob The God

Pretty much required in every clan for fights now a days. Not for edl’s usually but for bt gele it is.

Only difference is in whether or not clan enables multiloggers to be geared efficiently or not. My clan on arawn only geared leaders alts so my alts had garbage gear xD even tho i trilogged all da time :roll;

But also that clan wasn’t well rounded at times and struggled with graveyard.
What I’m trying to show though is that a EG clan that cares about edl bosses that much can kill them around the clock.
Bob’s EGgear from Res, not including event drops he may have received:

-imperial necral band of ice blast
-mighty aetheric ring of firestorm
-darkheart grimoire of frost
-royal troll one helm of firestorm
-majestic aetheric ring of firestorm
-dark skull of fire bolt
-mighty aetheric ring of firestorm
-imperial abyssal ring of inferno
-mighty Orphic band of the argent shield
-imperial necral band of burial
-majestic Orphic ring of lure of ice
-imperial necral band of giant swing
-shadowfire halberd of vitality
-royal Shielded bravery of deflection
-imperial necral band of shield wall
-godly abyssal ring of glacial storms
-shadowbolt halberd of focus
-royal necral ring of reaping
-majestic Orphic ring of ice shards
-imperial abyssal ring of shields
-void skull of firestorm
-majestic aetheric band of the meteor
-imperial necral ring of decay
-godly abyssal armlet of pummel
-imperial necral band of assassinate
-mighty aetheric ring of assassinate
-majestic abyssal ring of sabotage
-godly abyssal armlet of sacrifice
-majestic trollblood helm of ice shards
-imperial abyssal ring of marauding
-majestic necral ring of reaping
-shadowbolt halberd of dexterity
-Mighty necral ring of blood
-godly stormbound ring
-mighty aetheric ring of Fire bolt
-darkscale helm of mysteries
-majestic aetheric band of the strategist
-mighty Orphic ring of protective stance
-shadow skull of freeze
-imperial necral band of sneaky attack
-shadow wand of spectral flame
-shadow dagger of necral precision
-godly aetheric ring of Fire bolt
-majestic Orphic band of the azure shield
-shadowscale helm of mysteries
-godly abyssal armlet of Fire bolt
-dark axe of lunar frost
-mighty aetheric ring of ice shards
-godly abyssal ring of burning
-grand necral ring of blood
-royal necral ring of reaping
-mighty aetheric band of havoc
-imperial aetheric ring of ice shards
-void wand of solar bolt
-mighty Orphic ring of frenzy
-godly necral ring of burial
-godly necral band of firestorm
-royal Orphic ring of poison weapon
-godly Orphic ring of lure of Fire
-imperial necral band of pummel
-mighty aetheric ring of giant swing

Bob was just treated so poorly in res wasn't he :(
And this is just endgame off the dkp sheet he also has countless event items, a warrior alt level 220 geared with weapons and very good tank gear which rivaled and in some cases surpassed mains in clan, a druid alt level 180's with full dl, a rogue alt with edl and weapons with nice gear as well.. and he sold it all for a whopping $3,500 usd through ***.. I got some screenshots if otm is interested since this guy wants to spew lies..

Only a matter of time before he starts drama on Gwynd and pulls the same crap there.. or maybe otm will save them and ban bob for violating the tos in game..

Ban me from forums if u want for naming and shaming but I gotta get the truth out..