Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Mage Balance Changes

We all know the problems post here your ideas for possible fixes.

Main problems
1) Boss resists at endgame
2) Inter class skill balances

Ideas flew around during beta repost those here so we can go more in depth

Ps. every mage post seems to get slammed by people who dont even play mages, so if you are going to come just to shoot ideas down and say the class is fine then please just stay out. TYTY.
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Retirement dident work out for me .-.

Re: Mage Balance Changes

First suggestion: Convert X% of the core dps skills (Shards,Blast,Bolt,Storm) base damage into divine damage

Reasoning
1) Easy to instigate (have the divine damage shown like tic damage on frostbite just a simple damage conversion)
2) Easy to balance (Percentages are easy to adjust and prevent the addition from overpowering the class)
3) Inter class balance (the skills that are slower and have higher base damage will receive a bigger advantage rather then giving them all a blanket divine addition)
4) The obvious lol, balances mages as a dps class on raids
5) Helps to curve the over reliance on direct damage gear and gives foc/ability gear a place in endgame builds
6) Increases the effect of mage doch gul (until complete every mage DG part but BP is a direct dps loss and has 0 value whatsoever)
7) balances not only divine raids but legacies as well (The conversion lowers mages pure elemental damage)

Please feel free to point out anyway this could hurt or unbalance the class or the game itself (I haven't found any)

With gardens released I think its time that some serious thought went into class balancing considering it is the foundation of the game itself.

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

First suggestion: Convert X% of the core dps skills (Shards,Blast,Bolt,Storm) base damage into divine damage

Reasoning
1) Easy to instigate (have the divine damage shown like tic damage on frostbite just a simple damage conversion)
2) Easy to balance (Percentages are easy to adjust and prevent the addition from overpowering the class)
3) Inter class balance (the skills that are slower and have higher base damage will receive a bigger advantage rather then giving them all a blanket divine addition)
4) The obvious lol, balances mages as a dps class on raids
5) Helps to curve the over reliance on direct damage gear and gives foc/ability gear a place in endgame builds
6) Increases the effect of mage doch gul (until complete every mage DG part but BP is a direct dps loss and has 0 value whatsoever)
7) balances not only divine raids but legacies as well (The conversion lowers mages pure elemental damage)

Please feel free to point out anyway this could hurt or unbalance the class or the game itself (I haven't found any)

With gardens released I think its time that some serious thought went into class balancing considering it is the foundation of the game itself.
Mages are fine... jk
good suggestions, makes mages better for raids and balances legacies so +1. All classes should have equal dps opportunity and it's annoying how mages are really only useful for lures and the odd freeze
Hi

Let's just say a mage was to be running max blast shards bolt storm with an imperial storm bracket or blast and firebolt skull with fire attun and no lure needed because there can be a mage there with lure so you won't need would that not out dps any class or maybe incarnate instead of energy shield wolf/elk skill with edl offhand skill would that not out dps many

Let's just say a mage was to be running max blast shards bolt storm with an imperial storm bracket or blast and firebolt skull with fire attun and no lure needed because there can be a mage there with lure so you won't need would that not out dps any class or maybe incarnate instead of energy shield wolf/elk skill with edl offhand skill would that not out dps many
well haste nd perfected bara wid lure on eg ranger can ez out dps even theoretically... nd its worse practically bcz cast time... alot of overlap happens
Last edited by zkiiii on Wed May 09, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zkiiii lvl 220 mage
desi ranger, lvl193 ranger
member of PEGASUS, LUGH
server EPONA
zkiii lvl145 mage
member of EVIL CLOWNS
GOD AMONG NUBS

Running storm and blast togther is already an instant loss (too much overlap) attun still forces you to prioritize one element it’s slightly lowering elemental dmg not removing it. No mage currently needs to run lures but then you are putting you dps I the hands of others (not the best idea)

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Another idea that was presented in beta was a form of divine attunment

Problem with that is that
1)would have to be a large addition to compensate for the loss of thousands of elemental damage
2) ice blast and fire bolt would be given the same boost...I think we can see the prob with that, you are effectively making mages a one skill class
3) dosent improve interclass balance it destroys it

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

I had the idea for the divine attune and yes I can see the problem there. Perhaps if the edl armor bonus, main hand, and offhand divine damage bonuses were converted from auto attack damage to a skull damage percentage that would work better.

It would need to be small for each piece but when used together could make a considerable difference for mage dps. Something like 2% from edl armor set 3% from mage main hand and 3% from mage oh.

The only problem with this is that gele weapons seem to be emphasized as the endgame mage weapons and not the actual edl main hand. Most mages in my server don’t even have thier main hand. They opted to just get off hand.

It is evident that mages need some help in the divine damage department. Even if it was a flat rate placed on top of skills it would still need to be a considerable amount when you consider our damage is nuke damage and not dot. If ice blast misses a ranger would strike 40+ times before we could cast again even using recast reduction items. It seems logical that if we are going to be relevant in dps output something must be done.
GRIMM☠️
Grimeo - 224 Mage
Grimm Hunter - 190 Ranger
Grimm Samedi - 200 Druid
Grimm Reaper - 108 Rogue
Grimm Blade - 97 Warrior
World - Taranis
RED RIGHT HAND

Small change, but I think attune cooldowns should be reduced. Really annoying when you die and your attune isn’t recharged yet and you have to wait for cool down and lose a bunch of damage because of it, especially when lixing.
EPONA
BadToTheB0NE (220 Warrior)
Cookie Monster (216 Mage)

Just for general information, this is the times it takes between casting skills including the time it takes to cast.

Ice Blast - 23 sec
Ice Shards - 17 sec
Fire Bolt - 7 sec
Fire Storm - 18 sec

With most rogues and rangers using heroic haste at raid kills, the time inbetween strikes is 1100 or 1.1 sec. So one missed blast would allow the rogue or ranger to strike approximately 42 times before blast could be cast again.

Just some statistics to help understand the difference.
GRIMM☠️
Grimeo - 224 Mage
Grimm Hunter - 190 Ranger
Grimm Samedi - 200 Druid
Grimm Reaper - 108 Rogue
Grimm Blade - 97 Warrior
World - Taranis
RED RIGHT HAND