Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Death of the small businessman

As I read through the the posts and think of my own experience I am disheartened. As celtic heros creates bigger and bigger bosses ( in part as response to player demand), the small clans are getting ground into the dirt.
Small clans cannot single handed kill big egb of course so the options are make bigger clans or create alliances. On some servers the alliances are sorta working but more and more the "one server clan" is developing.
What's the big deal about the "one server clan"?
1) no options. If you start on a server and find out you don't "gel" with the reigning clan you just wasted all your time.
2) unlike OAC, you can't transfer a toon you might have spent years on to another server.
3) promotes the buying and selling of toons so one might transfer and not have to start back at square 1. Which can indirectly and unfairly screw with the balance of power. Some clans ban sold toons and have not suffered that shift of power......others have not faired so well.
4) friendships and localities go by the side in search for better gear...after all.....hey "it's just a game".......right?

My more enjoyable game time was with small clans.......Intimate groups of people having fun. I loved the diversity of the early game days.

IDK the answer but I just wish there was a way the have my cake and eat it too lol.
Arawn 222 Rogue & 222 Druid
Gwydion Druid 220 Warrior 198 )
Taranis Ranger 221
Nuada Ranger 221 Druid 221
Belinus Ranger 136 Druid 136
Rose Ranger lvl 229, Druid 221, Mage 221

Re: Death of the small businessman

The endgame bosses are designed in a way that doesn't allow those same clans to dominate mid game bosses just by having access to better gear. Doch Gul doesn't help you lock mord and necro when you're up against level 200 lockers. Proteus gear doesn't help you win Snorri.

What I'm saying is that in most cases you can play (and dominate) the mid game easily once you're dedicated enough. Best part is currently, the mid game bosses are the most important 8-)
World - Sulis
Clan - Toxic

H3ROsRogue - lvl 220 rogue
H3ROsRanger - lvl 200 ranger
H3ROsMage - lvl 220 mage
H3ROsDruid - lvl 220 druid
H3ROsWarrior - lvl 200 warrior
H3ROsLocker - lvl 190 rogue

Can't imagine losing kills to a ranger in 2019.

These problems were always going to take root in an MMO with small populations per server and no instances.

Level lock worked well for smaller clans and for the game overall right until tower was introduced and end game was pushed to 220+. This system became inefficient because of the bottlenecks OTM created for quest drops, along with the insanely high rarity of the better items with a lack of content resulting in 220+ levelled players stuck farming at Hrung, Mord, and Necro for years.

Looking at Bloodthorn drops it looks like most end gamers will move on from the level 185-190 raids, so it should solve some of the problems. There is also a good chance that bigger clans will continue to farm these raids because of a lack of things to do in game.

Generally if you're a level headed player you won't run into problems on your server. The sole exception, unfortunately, are clans with corruption and bullying, where the best play is to move out of the server.

Server transfer has been a suggestion we've been reading here for years, but it has lots of implications, and the only way it should be implemented is by weighing the pros and cons of the whole thing.
Wattzon of Sulis

The endgame bosses are designed in a way that doesn't allow those same clans to dominate mid game bosses just by having access to better gear. Doch Gul doesn't help you lock mord and necro when you're up against level 200 lockers. Proteus gear doesn't help you win Snorri.

What I'm saying is that in most cases you can play (and dominate) the mid game easily once you're dedicated enough. Best part is currently, the mid game bosses are the most important 8-)
I wouldn't consider mord mid game. I'd consider aggy and comrak legacy to be midlevel bosses
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I wouldn't consider mord mid game. I'd consider aggy and comrak legacy to be midlevel bosses
You can't categorize mord with gele and proteus. It drops loot that we still use on our endgame toons, but it's definitely a midgame boss in the big picture. Unless you aren't even considering gele and prot, which I wouldn't blame you.
World - Sulis
Clan - Toxic

H3ROsRogue - lvl 220 rogue
H3ROsRanger - lvl 200 ranger
H3ROsMage - lvl 220 mage
H3ROsDruid - lvl 220 druid
H3ROsWarrior - lvl 200 warrior
H3ROsLocker - lvl 190 rogue

Can't imagine losing kills to a ranger in 2019.

Mord drops top of the line best in game endgame items however its a mid game level boss ._. does that make it mid game...Who knows :p but it does show a major disconnect from a design perspective. (Although It is great to see this issue being resolved in gardens through the new raid loot)
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Retirement dident work out for me .-.

I agree. I don’t understand the thrill or excitement of a one clan server. And I come from one basically. There aren’t any options for an eg and even midgame level player aside from one on Ros. And let’s face it, those are the levels where bossing really becomes exciting and fun. But you can’t do that without a clan, just like you can’t reap the rewards from it without one. You can’t progress without one. Which is fine. Big bosses should take big groups. And I don’t have a problem with big clans who have been successful and got to where they are. It takes work and effort. It doesn’t just happen overnight.

The problem I have with this one clan server crap is that, at least on ros, whenever smaller clans pop up, people are quick to try and kill them before they have a chance to grow and flourish. It’s pretty disgusting imo. People actually go out of their way to try and make them fail, or to make it even harder for a small clan than it already is so that they just give up and either quit or join.

Small clans need to just be left alone and given a fair shot to succeed or fail on their own without bigger clans with leaders who are afraid of comp and losing possible drops actively trying to destroy them. I get people fear competition. Ros has an angry past and a bad experience with server comp, but the server is so dry and boring without the rush of a lock battle and the race to a boss against the opposing clan who needs those drops just as badly as you do and is willing to fight you tooth and nail for them. It’s basically one big dkp competition between clan members at this point.

If I could xfer my toons elsewhere, I would. I love a majority of the people in this clan, but I’m running out of ways to have fun in game and I don’t like the approach to possible competition, because I actually want to see smaller clans grow and give us a run for our money. It’s always argued that comp isn’t always nice and fun. And we all know it’s not. No one likes to lose lol and there will always be sore losers and trolls and people who talk crap. There are most definitely bad things about comp. No one can disagree with that. But this game is built for competition, and isn’t very fun without it.
~*~*~*~ Rosmerta ~*~*~*~
|| Ridd || Mage || 228 ||
|| Nyyx || Ranger || 223 ||
|| Phyxius || Druid || 220 ||
|| Snaxx || Warrior || 223 ||
|| Khaleessii || Locker || 190 ||

I agree. I don’t understand the thrill or excitement of a one clan server. And I come from one basically. There aren’t any options for an eg and even midgame level player aside from one on Ros. And let’s face it, those are the levels where bossing really becomes exciting and fun. But you can’t do that without a clan, just like you can’t reap the rewards from it without one. You can’t progress without one. Which is fine. Big bosses should take big groups. And I don’t have a problem with big clans who have been successful and got to where they are. It takes work and effort. It doesn’t just happen overnight.

The problem I have with this one clan server crap is that, at least on ros, whenever smaller clans pop up, people are quick to try and kill them before they have a chance to grow and flourish. It’s pretty disgusting imo. People actually go out of their way to try and make them fail, or to make it even harder for a small clan than it already is so that they just give up and either quit or join.

Small clans need to just be left alone and given a fair shot to succeed or fail on their own without bigger clans with leaders who are afraid of comp and losing possible drops actively trying to destroy them. I get people fear competition. Ros has an angry past and a bad experience with server comp, but the server is so dry and boring without the rush of a lock battle and the race to a boss against the opposing clan who needs those drops just as badly as you do and is willing to fight you tooth and nail for them. It’s basically one big dkp competition between clan members at this point.

If I could xfer my toons elsewhere, I would. I love a majority of the people in this clan, but I’m running out of ways to have fun in game and I don’t like the approach to possible competition, because I actually want to see smaller clans grow and give us a run for our money. It’s always argued that comp isn’t always nice and fun. And we all know it’s not. No one likes to lose lol and there will always be sore losers and trolls and people who talk crap. There are most definitely bad things about comp. No one can disagree with that. But this game is built for competition, and isn’t very fun without it.
I like you.

Mord drops top of the line best in game endgame items however its a mid game level boss ._. does that make it mid game...Who knows :p but it does show a major disconnect from a design perspective. (Although It is great to see this issue being resolved in gardens through the new raid loot)
I meant midgame level simply because aggy is lvl 150 not necessarily because of the gear it drops. Although, aggy does drop ward tons end game druids use.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue