Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Legendary fishing fashion

looks so ugly imho

Yeah, I’m pretty sure they added the scintillating effect as an after thought, as you can see the generic description doesn’t even mention it. I had a pair of scintillating highland boots to see the difference. It’s the same. As opposed to the cooking fashion which gives a new effect and a description about the fashion. It’s easier to get to the level of grandmaster in cooking but harder to get the coins. While fishing is harder to get the level and easier to get the coins. Maybe they will upgrade it in corrupted gardens, but I doubt it since I am the only one who will have this fashion for the next few months if not longer since you can’t lix to 200. The hand of noden rod and three quest fish had a vast explanation in the description I was hoping the fashion would be similar to the fish description at least. Now that it looks like an after thought I suppose I’m lucky that it is even scintillating. Lmao

I would like if they made some unique effects like with prophetic vindicator, just instead of feathers, we have fish jumping out of it.
Ranger 227+

Wow, nice! I gave up fishing after I reached 190 and got my bear. I never fished up any gold nodens. Never even got one from the daily, so I took advantage of the ling trade in and got my purple angler fashion that way.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

Wow, nice! I gave up fishing after I reached 190 and got my bear. I never fished up any gold nodens. Never even got one from the daily, so I took advantage of the ling trade in and got my purple angler fashion that way.
Yes the gold nodens are rare. They dropped quite often last November from otherworld to murky until the ling were introduced. I had gotten enough gold nodens to get turquoise fashion before the competition was started, once the update for the fishing competition happened they stoped dropping as much. And it wasn’t only me catching them. Afterwards only me and a few others caught them and I spent more time fishing and they dropped less. I really don’t want to fish ling in lirs, besides I may not even have enough time to now that they will be removed with the snow. Running back and forth doesn’t really do much for me and is why I seldom go to shalmont. I shouldn’t have to rely on ling to get nodens. I probably will catch one or two by the time I have enough ling for a gold noden anyway, and I get other things I can sell. With Ling not so much.

Congrats on the fashion! We'll check in with the team about the ling and get back to you.

Thank you, for the congrats and looking into the ling question, since you will speak to the team will you also inquiry about the fashion scintillating legendary fashion? Was it meant to be this way? Or is it something that wasn’t even looked into? I mean even the shimmering fish have a pretty decent effect with the moving aurora about them, as pictured below. instead I look like a blond porcupine. I’ll probably get used to it or it will grow on me but it just doesn’t make much sense to me at the moment. Or is that type of thing reserved for competition rewards? Which I understand and now with hind sight I probably should had competed even though running around fishing doesn’t really suit my style of play, trawling fishing, blech. Anyway I’m still glad I got some effect, even though it’s old school and I look like a porcupine.

Sorry I've only just noticed this thread.

Afraid to say you may have hit a patch of bad luck over the past few months, Golden Noden drop rates have not been altered with the Winter Update (double checked with design)
The Ling were added as a seasonal alternative to gaining nodens and for our fishing competition. Ling are on a separate spawn point specifically created for them to prevent adjusting normal drop rates.

Ling will be removed with the next update so this will be your last chance to catch them! (They prefer the cold)

I'll pass your fashion feedback on to Art as we are looking to do more exciting particle effects in future :)

Afraid to say you may have hit a patch of bad luck over the past few months, Golden Noden drop rates have not been altered with the Winter Update (double checked with design)
The Ling were added as a seasonal alternative to gaining nodens and for our fishing competition. Ling are on a separate spawn point specifically created for them to prevent adjusting normal drop rates.

Ling will be removed with the next update so this will be your last chance to catch them! (They prefer the cold)

I'll pass your fashion feedback on to Art as we are looking to do more exciting particle effects in future :)
Thanks, yeah. I Suspected the ling would disappear, just wanted verification on that point. And as to the nodens, I was leveling up through when I was catching them so I was hitting each zone, leveling I mostly stayed in fingals and carrow, rarely lirs. Now I’ll change up my fishing to the other zones and perhaps I’ll see an increase. Thanks.

As to the fashion, the cooking fashion looks great, as to the fishing fashion, I was expecting something different since the shimmering fish have an effect I was thinking it would be similar, and the hand of noden rod looks pretty good as well, but the hand of noden rod together with the legendary fashion doesn’t really match, and looks odd together like a mismatched piece of fashion. I wouldn’t think they would go together if I didn’t already know. Especially since both are described as legendary fishing items. It will grow on me in time. I mean it’s just me who has this fashion so there is that. Lol.

Oh will there be any fishing content in gardens? From my preview of it on YouTube I didn’t see any water so I’m guessing not.

Thanks, yeah. I Suspected the ling would disappear, just wanted verification on that point. And as to the nodens, I was leveling up through when I was catching them so I was hitting each zone, leveling I mostly stayed in fingals and carrow, rarely lirs. Now I’ll change up my fishing to the other zones and perhaps I’ll see an increase. Thanks.

As to the fashion, the cooking fashion looks great, as to the fishing fashion, I was expecting something different since the shimmering fish have an effect I was thinking it would be similar, and the hand of noden rod looks pretty good as well, but the hand of noden rod together with the legendary fashion doesn’t really match, and looks odd together like a mismatched piece of fashion. I wouldn’t think they would go together if I didn’t already know. Especially since both are described as legendary fishing items. It will grow on me in time. I mean it’s just me who has this fashion so there is that. Lol.

Oh will there be any fishing content in gardens? From my preview of it on YouTube I didn’t see any water so I’m guessing not.
No worries, I too have become victim to the "I swear these drop rates have changed" ideology in other games.

Thanks for the fashion feedback, greatly appreciated.

No fishing in the Corrupted Gardens update but we may be looking to add further fishing content beyond the garden ;)