Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Need advice on str usage

Some rangers like using the more DEX based skills, not to mention sharpshot which every ranger uses, so DEX is a good option early on till you arrive at full time raiding where it's better to go hybrid.
Yep dex is better early but once you start raiding then str build is much better. When you use dex you are getting defense which is pretty useless. But early on before bossing having defense is good.
Most end game raid bosses have extremely high defences, and high physical damage resists, so full STR does not give you as much DPS output compared to hybrid builds.

DEX also gives you attack which you can never have too much of, and STR scales off as well.

Prot is the only end game raid where full STR reaps you dividends because of the insanely low physical resists and lower defences.
this.

At end game a dex ranger will beat a str ranger 9/10 times. Dex may boost defence which is useless but it also boosts attack not to mention EVERY stat based skill. (Dbl shot isnt directly affected by str or dex, only indirectly boosted by str). Physical damage (str boosts this) is also the most heavily resisted damage at end game in most cases.

Str rangers were the meta pre tower when ranger skills were broken and totally useless. A lot of rangers still think full str is the best build without having actually tested or experienced the effects of dex. Now that the dex skills were buffed and with bosses having such high defence the need for dex has drastically increased.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Yep dex is better early but once you start raiding then str build is much better. When you use dex you are getting defense which is pretty useless. But early on before bossing having defense is good.
Most end game raid bosses have extremely high defences, and high physical damage resists, so full STR does not give you as much DPS output compared to hybrid builds.

DEX also gives you attack which you can never have too much of, and STR scales off as well.

Prot is the only end game raid where full STR reaps you dividends because of the insanely low physical resists and lower defences.
this.

At end game a dex ranger will beat a str ranger 9/10 times. Dex may boost defence which is useless but it also boosts attack not to mention EVERY stat based skill. (Dbl shot isnt directly affected by str or dex, only indirectly boosted by str). Physical damage (str boosts this) is also the most heavily resisted damage at end game in most cases.

Str rangers were the meta pre tower when ranger skills were broken and totally useless. A lot of rangers still think full str is the best build without having actually tested or experienced the effects of dex. Now that the dex skills were buffed and with bosses having such high defence the need for dex has drastically increased.
this
Hi

this.

I try telling people the same stuff and they call me stupid lol. Strength rangers are excellent for dual logging if that's not your main.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

this.

I try telling people the same stuff and they call me stupid lol. Strength rangers are excellent for dual logging if that's not your main.
an afk dex or hybrid ranger beats an afk str ranger. Why auto another 20 damage with 500 str when you can hit another 3-5 autos per 100 with an extra 500 dex. Even afk dual logging rangers still cast sharpen and steady so it is still superior to a str ranger in this case
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

this.

an afk dex or hybrid ranger beats an afk str ranger. Why auto another 20 damage with 500 str when you can hit another 3-5 autos per 100 with an extra 500 dex. Even afk dual logging rangers still cast sharpen and steady so it is still superior to a str ranger in this case
Didn't know that, I went with what I was told. I main a rogue so I use mostly Dex, and vit with enough str so sutos aren't trash.

Didn't know that, I went with what I was told. I main a rogue so I use mostly Dex, and vit with enough str so sutos aren't trash.
Wouldn't rogues be better off going with more STR because their top skills are STR based?
Wattzon of Sulis

Wouldn't rogues be better off going with more STR because their top skills are STR based?
Not at low to mid level in my opinion. You wouldn't out lock someone as much with high Dex on low lvl dl and frozen. Beyond that I'm really not sure as I'm not high level at the moment I just know nobody has been able to out lock much on 4 or 5 star bosses.

Not at low to mid level in my opinion. You wouldn't out lock someone as much with high Dex on low lvl dl and frozen. Beyond that I'm really not sure as I'm not high level at the moment I just know nobody has been able to out lock much on 4 or 5 star bosses.
You're correct. I was assuming end game rogue.
Wattzon of Sulis

Sorry but I like reply here people made
My question is I am thinking of making ranger, so 2dex 1str 1 vit work?
And at what point I should stop str and vit ?
And which skill to choose ?
Most solo lvling waiting for reply thanks for reading :)
Or should I made a new thread ?

Sorry but I like reply here people made
My question is I am thinking of making ranger, so 2dex 1str 1 vit work?
And at what point I should stop str and vit ?
And which skill to choose ?
Most solo lvling waiting for reply thanks for reading :)
Or should I made a new thread ?
Read the guides posted on here for skills and builds, if they leave you unsatisfied then make a new thread with your personalized questions showing gear and more detail.
Wattzon of Sulis