Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Game flawed -Loss of quality gamers continues.

First of all, i want to say Thank's OTM for making a game that is unique and different from the rest. A game where you can project yourself into and where it can partly reflect yourself in the character. The game play is smooth, very attractive visually and easy to operate. It keeps drawing me back over and over again because of this. Plus have a special bond to this game, as it was where I met my husband going back over 5 years ago, so this is indeed a special game that i will never forget. Even when it is long gone in time, in the future.

However in saying so, there is a huge BUT. Your game has massive flaws where you are constantly losing quality players. You have created an environment where you have basically lost control of your own game and given it to the Dom clans on servers whom they control / have full control. They now decide who gets to participate in end game.

Those reading this, who are in dom clans, this is no dig at all, congratulations. And at those dom clans, they have every right to be selective and decicive who they select to bring in. I would be and have been the same.

But in turn, is causing a lot of quality players who have invested thousands of play hours and thousands of real money, to have no place to go. A lot of emotion, a lot of build up with serious competiton, creates a very hostile game play community. Especially those who have been in leadership roles. As they are normally ostracised from the now dom clans because of how competitive it has been.

Normally, if you have been playing against a clan for many years, it is doubtful a lot will go and just side with the other team. Either that team is wary of you and won’t let you join, or the relationship is ruined from the competition, or the individual has no desire to play with that now dom clan because of negative experiences. I have been in these positions and known many in past who has had same issue. Because opposing clans will always talk negative on opposing players who have a voice and who are opinionated and who keeps on fighting till they are burnt out. Plus a lot of this is also blown up 10x with server banter. And this causes the player normally to quit or give up - no other option is there? They give up, as you OTM have made it so you need a huge amount of players, with good gear to take down top end bosses. The maps are not many, along with the bosses and this is a huge issue. There is also an issue where you take so long updating game. You will continue to lose people if the game strategy is not changed. I also know more people will come back to this game if you can either let the player move servers with their items and their toon, or make it so a smaller group of people could take down a top boss and not a team of 40+ players and not to mention not enough active end gamers for two healthy clans.. This is not reasonable!

Now I expect to see some sarcastic remarks on here about being a sore loser, or jokes. But I don't speak for myself only, but for almost everyone here who has played the game for several years. Even those who are now in top dom clans would understand this, and they themselves have probably been figthing for many years with loads of frustration and difficult server moves. I know a fair few people.. and decent people at that.

But what a shame to those who have given up, have proven to be amazing players. I have known chiefs to even change their sleep time schedual to compete, and log up to 8 characters to take down boss. Is that normal?

Is this what you planed for a game? Because to me it looks like more a bad social experiment, to break competitive gamers, waste their real life time, and money. And for you OTM losing half your revenue on a poorly designed game where it loses countless players and continues so!

Sent from my iPhone
Last edited by Marathdamane on Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Game flawed -Loss of quality gamers continues.

First of all, i want to say Thank's OTM for making a game that is unique and different from the rest. A game where you can project yourself into and where it can partly reflect yourself in the character. The game play is smooth, very attractive visually and easy to operate. It keeps drawing me back over and over again because of this. Plus have a special bond to this game, as it was where I met my husband going back over 5 years ago, so this is indeed a special game that i will never forget. Even when it is long gone in time, in the future.

However in saying so, there is a huge BUT. Your game has massive flaws where you are constantly losing quality players. You have created an environment where you have basically lost control of your own game and given it to the Dom clans on servers whom they control / have full control. They now decide who gets to participate in end game.

Those reading this, who are in dom clans, this is no dig at all, congratulations. And at those dom clans, they have every right to be selective and decicive who they select to bring in. I would be and have been the same.

But in turn, is causing a lot of quality players who have invested thousands of play hours and thousands of real money, to have no place to go. A lot of emotion, a lot of build up with serious competiton, creates a very hostile game play community. Especially those who have been in leadership roles. As they are normally ostracised from the now dom clans because of how competitive it has been.

Normally, if you have been playing against a clan for many years, it is doubtful a lot will go and just side with the other team. Either that team is wary of you and won’t let you join, or the relationship is ruined from the competition, or the individual has no desire to play with that now dom clan because of negative experiences. I have been in these positions and known many in past who has had same issue. Because opposing clans will always talk negative on opposing players who have a voice and who are opinionated and who keeps on fighting till they are burnt out. Plus a lot of this is also blown up 10x with server banter. And this causes the player normally to quit or give up - no other option is there? They give up, as you OTM have made it so you need a huge amount of players, with good gear to take down top end bosses. The maps are not many, along with the bosses and this is a huge issue. There is also an issue where you take so long updating game. You will continue to lose people if the game strategy is not changed. I also know more people will come back to this game if you can either let the player move servers with their items and their toon, or make it so a smaller group of people could take down a top boss and not a team of 40+ players. This is not reasonable!

Now I expect to see some sarcastic remarks on here about being a sore loser, or jokes. But I don't speak for myself only, but for almost everyone here who has played the game for several years. Even those who are now in top dom clans would understand this, and they themselves have probably been figthing for many years with loads of frustration and difficult server moves. I know a fair few people.. and decent people at that.

But what a shame to those who have given up, have proven to be amazing players. I have known chiefs to even change their sleep time schedual to compete, and log up to 8 characters to take down boss. Is that normal?

Is this what you planed for a game? Because to me it looks like more a bad social experiment, to break competitive gamers, waste their real life time, and money. And for you OTM losing half your revenue on a poorly designed game where it loses countless players and continues so!

Sent from my iPhone
Idk about all this... but... MAKE BALANCED CLASSES IM TIRED OF MY DRUID TAKING YEARS TO GET ONE LVL SOLO :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

First off : i wouldnt say its OTMs fault that dom clans rule servers. i think thats pretty normal and was definateli one of OTMs goals to create and raise competition between clans. EDIT: You dont want noobs in Endgame just like yoz wouldnt like noobs to work for you irl.. a clan is and always will be a place of work and Teamspirit.

i Agree that we ae loosing quality players due to missing content etc.

however the game is an Mmorpg and still is beeing developed by the Guys in the High castle of the OTM clan,

-Exe
I'm looking to change the perception of people and all of the beautiful things that it brings,-Exe2k15
Executive of Epona
Beetlejuice of Donn
Clan: Concordiia
Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1strz ... vH82nKhe4Q

After reading your post I can feel that top clan can do that, that why people like epona because of no clan system free world. The answer is merge the 3 clan to compete with top rather then trying solo clan to beat top clan. That will work slowly.
Mage- lfrit (Epona) (not playing atm)
Rogue- Throat Ripper (Gwydion ) (not playing atm)
Druid- NoHeals4U (Gwydion) (not playing atm)

I can honestly say that a certain type of player drives away the good quality players.
But that's the purpose of controlling who joins a clan and who doesn't. Many clans have had people join, and then been screwed by that person - regardless if it's a dominant clan or not.

If you can swallow your ego, become a team player and help everyone around you then you really shouldn't have any issues joining a clan - at any level.

Also if you can realise that no one is on 24/7 so if one person creates a bad image for the clan, tell the leaders, let them deal with it and accept that there may be one or two like that. The whole clan shouldn't be written off.

Most clans will give second or third chances. Some might just be over the churn and burn attitude of players.

Fact is, the game mimics real life. Fit in, work hard, you'll be accepted.

First off : i wouldnt say its OTMs fault that dom clans rule servers. i think thats pretty normal and was definateli one of OTMs goals to create and raise competition between clans.
So why design 50 person raids if the intention isn’t to force players into a large clan?
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

I can honestly say that a certain type of player drives away the good quality players.
But that's the purpose of controlling who joins a clan and who doesn't. Many clans have had people join, and then been screwed by that person - regardless if it's a dominant clan or not.

If you can swallow your ego, become a team player and help everyone around you then you really shouldn't have any issues joining a clan - at any level.

Also if you can realise that no one is on 24/7 so if one person creates a bad image for the clan, tell the leaders, let them deal with it and accept that there may be one or two like that. The whole clan shouldn't be written off.

Most clans will give second or third chances. Some might just be over the churn and burn attitude of players.

Fact is, the game mimics real life. Fit in, work hard, you'll be accepted.

The majority who have been in this position have fit in, I have worked hard but there is some that also try and ruin it for others, with lies and blown up stories from opposing clans to derail individuals (or clans.) Trust me, it happens! There is also personalality clashes with individuals. One could be completely fine in one clan, but does not match the other. The list can be many. Some top clans have also cheated individuals in past or other clans, because they are not in an inner-circle and favorites to be geared, overpassed by those who have earned it. This is a common story.. I know of a story where that happened in a still, dom clan. A 12 month player passed over who was active, told they were next inline for edl weapons - but it was given to a player who had just returned instead, returned as they were in opposing clan (possible promise of edl to their alt..?) but friends with some individuals who were in management, that runs the clan! So a new returnee, friends of the inner circle, geared with edl weapons, with their alt - first, over a 12 month active leveled player with their main. The person who’s promise of edl, then left hurt and joined the opposition. But the clan fell.. That person quit game, upset and angry no where to go.. Because why the hell would they re-join that clan who abused them?
Another quality player. Gone.. an active, decent player with good morals, and a big plat buyer.. gone!
And it wasn’t me.. it was someone I knew. How many other stories is there like this? I’m sure there is many..

So don’t give me that fit in bs. People aren’t doormats and to be treated like plebs!

Sent from my iPhone
Last edited by Marathdamane on Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I think you have a point, but the wrong solutions in my opinion. They need to make soloing on Celtic heroes an option, as it was before tower update (still could mostly solo back then), and make solo mobs, like mobs for leveling have drops that are more comparable to boss drops, obviously not as good, but they should be viable options. I'm currently in my own clan, called isolation, on my own doing. Me and a general in my clan had a disagreement and they couldn't ve civil so i am clanless. Now i find myself asking myself what I can do when i login, because as a solo player, this is the wrong game to be playing. When I started this game, there were so many clans and so many players, who all shared and competition still existed. The reason the shift towards bigger clans happened, is because otm definitely increased the difficulty. In group of 8 level 85-90, how long to kill 6* stonefang? 5 min probably. How long to kill Necro with group of 8 190-195 players? You would probably wipe. Why is that? Are we not the same level, using the original celtic heroes methods, getting a full group of the boss level or above, last time i knew, that was how we killed a boss, so why cant we do that at Necro? Or is the problem because our stats arent proportionate to the bosses as they should be at that point? Theres no reason Mordris should have like 1 million health, when my 209 ranger only has 4.5k ON A COMBO... Now how in the hell is there any chance or any hope to solo that? There's no way in hell. You guys literally removed one of the best parts of this game, something that made it so unique. These designers either dont know what game they're working on, or are blatantly ignoring the players, which totally doesn't make sense, because you guys aren t playing it, we are. I mean ffs, the only otm staff brave enough to actually play, his toon has been the same level range for as long as i can remember. Instead of being selfish and foolish, take ideas and suggestions from the people who play. OTM may own Celtic Heroes, but this is the players game, this is our realm, we built the community, and we know what our community wants on our game, because we play constantly and interract with other players every time we play. I believe the way the team completely changed the game like this, is ridiculous. You can clearly tell that the designers we have are new, well at least a good portion. I played in 2011, I would know lol... my brother too, step brother, friend at school, etc, all since 2011. Celtic heroes feels like a whole different game nowadays and I still play because i know how much i used to love playing. I remember going to school thinking for all day, i cant wait to get home and play my rogue, or warrior. I just dont understand why they completely removed the aspect of small groups in favor of complete server domination, or isolation and no progress. Come on otm, we need more small group and solo play smh, don't change the game, fix it to its former glory. I'm not saying change the game up crazy or change the current bosses, I'm just saying to add bosses at end game that are soloable or in small groups and give solo levelers better drops. The game shouldn't have ever changed, and i guarantee this is probably the biggest reason for the shift in player range, and the fact that players keep quitting once end game. I would appreciate consideration otm, but more than that, I would appreciate action. A lot of us CH players were here before most of the current design team, and it was ruined for us. For Christs sake, we literally get almost no chance for feedback and suggestions anymore. The game is created nowadays by people who don't play, or rarely play, and their ideas are their own, not taken from the community who actually knows the game left and right. I would guarantee right now, i could probably tell 90% of the design team more about ch than they could tell me. If you guys would set up a more appropriate suggestion system then this problem would have never started and ch would be thriving as it was in 2014, before tower update. We need more solo play and small group play, quit using your own ideas and take them from people who actually play the game, because if this stuff continues, and isn't fixed, it makes me fear for the game, because MMO's dont last forever.

Note : I'm not saying nerf the bosses btw lol, so dont assume that, just because i pointed out how op they are over us, not how it used to be. I don't get the change tho, well honestly I do actually lol, more plat sales smh. Which we can't fault them for, however we can fault them for the repeated abuse of our suggestions, and the repeated abuse of content added for solo players. It's pathetic that to progress in ch, you either have to be rich as hell, actually richer than hell, because i can tell you from my own experience, 15m gold isnt enough nowadays, or conform, and join a clan you may or may not agree with, so then maybe you could get edl and unlock the tower floors (which that quest is a whole problem in itself for solo players, which actually im stuck at 210 till i can figure it out, because i dont play consistent enough to make a lot of friends plus I'm an aspie, look it up if you desire, so im not social at all. What am I supposed to do OTM? I literally can't progress in your game, because you're forcing me to do something that I can't do. You broke your own game, now you need to act civil and instead of promising to pass this on to the team, you should keep us updated on this and fix it I know that probably wont happen tho. I cant even tell you how many issues i have seen shared on the forums, that were big problems, but werent fixed, they were just told ir would be discussed with the team or ignored, but i can count on one hand how many times ive seen otm implement a player suggested content. Fix your game OTM, you broke it yourselves.

Another note: I recently sent support a plea for help, because my mage, is definitely not going to be able to get tower unlocked, as my server is insane about clans getting frozen. They are killed faster than edl and dl, basically on spawn. I asked them what I can do, what was my response? Basically they nicely told me that they weren't willing to fix the problem (probably don't care cause it doesn't directly involve their life) and that i was unfathomable out of luck. That's also another example of how this game is broken and its so frustrating how you guys just shrug off our suggestions and selfishly make every damn content update your choices. For Christs sake, if you're gonna design unfathomable for this game, then *** play the game, so you actually know what we need, or listen to people who do. It is okay to have advisors. It's okay to take suggestions. It does not make a design team weak and uncapable, if they take their ideas from the community of their respective games. This isnt an attack, it's just like honestly my final try, because if this doesn't work, then i dont think theres ever going to be hope for solo players ever again and the game might as well be renamed, because what is right now, is not the original Celtic Heroes game, the style of gameplay has completely altered.
kings pride
mabon - my main server
fingal - what happens in vegas, stays in vegas

It is entirely possible to solo bosses by leveling multiple accounts, and using multiple devices to create a personal group. It is even possible to win locks against other clans if you build the right toons and know how to play them effectively. Most people in large clans typically don't understand how to be good players, they just ride the wave because they don't really need to learn how to be excellent, they're in a large clan that handles everything for them. I will say that this game becomes an entirely different game once you get serious about soloing, and it's 10x more fun/rewarding most of the time. The only exception are raids that require more than three groups of toons to kill... And I think those raids need to be adjusted to allow smaller clans an opportunity to participate.

There are people that can solo bosses including frozen, aggy, hrung, Dragonlord/exalted Dragonlord, and soon perhaps even mordris.
World - Sulis
Clan - Toxic

H3ROsRogue - lvl 220 rogue
H3ROsRanger - lvl 200 ranger
H3ROsMage - lvl 220 mage
H3ROsDruid - lvl 220 druid
H3ROsWarrior - lvl 200 warrior
H3ROsLocker - lvl 190 rogue

Can't imagine losing kills to a ranger in 2019.

Sadly this game is designed in a way where large clans are required for it to function to meet OTMs slow update roll out.

New raids are introduced every 2 years, and if raids like Gele took 10-20 toons to take down instead of 30-40 it would result in players getting bored quickly. The raids being made easier would mean smaller respawn times, quicker kills, meaning more drops.
Wattzon of Sulis