Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Upside down approach

@Tadaaah

Why not just not intervene at all when it comes to email addresses / account ownership?

As in the account is owned by the email address holder, and only do things for inactive accounts in cases when the owner has lost access to the email address.

Would definitely save you guys a lot of time. I understand why you have the policies that are in place though, but as everyone knows (on any game) account sharing is very prevalent which is just going to cause extra work for support down the line rather than policies that account for it, and not provide suppo t do players that do break the rules.
Again, it's not all black and white. Each ticket is unique and takes quite a bit of time. That is why some accounts are locked down; we don't offer support to the account anymore because it's overly apparent that the account has been transferred/shared in abundance. Also, another example of why you SHOULDN'T BUY accounts. We've seen instances where a player sells an account. Then, they come to support to reclaim ownership. Rinse and repeat. Once we can see that, those accounts are also locked down. So don't buy an account, because you'll likely just lose your money. Y'all should spread that one around. In a sense, these rules aren't just in place for us; they protect players too.

For clan banks, yes, that far precedes me. My understanding is that while we turn a blind eye; we also aren't supposed to offer support for clan banks.

Again, the changes haven't changed the Terms of Service or the rules. You shouldn't have anything to worry about. It just gives us more flexibility when we need it.
He's talking about sharing not buyingn
Hi

They both have issues though. Imagine persons 1 and 2 are sharing an account, person 1 is using the character the most, and loads it up with gear and money, then person 2 decides he wants that gear, trades it off to his main, and bam. Person 1 can’t do anything about it. Obviously there are other issues too...that’s just one possibility.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

They both have issues though. Imagine persons 1 and 2 are sharing an account, person 1 is using the character the most, and loads it up with gear and money, then person 2 decides he wants that gear, trades it off to his main, and bam. Person 1 can’t do anything about it. Obviously there are other issues too...that’s just one possibility.
That's the risk they take when they share accounts. It has its pros and cons
Hi

Sharing should be punished by OTM’s inability to help you out if your account comes into conflict through sharing. A ban is very harsh for such a minute offence that really harms no one.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Sharing should be punished by OTM’s inability to help you out if your account comes into conflict through sharing. A ban is very harsh for such a minute offence that really harms no one.
Actually benefits clans greatly
Hi

I feel that this conversation has spiraled I got the understanding I was looking for and perhaps this thread should be locked so it doesn’t send too many mixed signals to people.
World - Gwydion - semi retired in 2020
- restarted in 2022 on Herne - 220 (rogue)

Searching for the next adventure.

As long as we don't have people sending tickets or coming to cry on the forums about how their account got "hacked" then i don't mind. Since that just gives otm more work for something they didn't allow ;)
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu