Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Need advice on str usage

My alt is currently lvl 130 and was wondering if i should keep str at 300 till 190 or continue adding as i lvl. All i do is boss and kill quest/bounty mobs.

I dont lix this toon btw, hope to be 190 in half a year through questline bounties and other daily quest.

My Current skills if thats a factor
sharpshot
Dbl shot
Lightheal
Sharpen wep
Steady aim
Also have a reaper ring and use its skill with a lvl 1 rapid shot.

http://dragonsouls.gamerlaunch.com

Re: Need advice on str usage

I would recommend putting equal points into str and vit, while keeping dex a bit under that. once you get higher and equip attack prot braces and oblivion necro rings then you can switch to mostly str.

Camo also helped me a lot, and I don't recommend prioritizing points into sharpen wep at all. If your attack speed is not max, then use a lvl 1 rapid shot.
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

I would recommend putting equal points into str and vit, while keeping dex a bit under that. once you get higher and equip attack prot braces and oblivion necro rings then you can switch to mostly str.

Camo also helped me a lot, and I don't recommend prioritizing points into sharpen wep at all. If your attack speed is not max, then use a lvl 1 rapid shot.
No
Hi

Some rangers like using the more DEX based skills, not to mention sharpshot which every ranger uses, so DEX is a good option early on till you arrive at full time raiding where it's better to go hybrid.
Wattzon of Sulis

Some rangers like using the more DEX based skills, not to mention sharpshot which every ranger uses, so DEX is a good option early on till you arrive at full time raiding where it's better to go hybrid.
Yep dex is better early but once you start raiding then str build is much better. When you use dex you are getting defense which is pretty useless. But early on before bossing having defense is good.
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

Im lvl 163 ranger, so i know the struggle. If you plan on leveling w money , then no prob use what you like, but for me(broke) i use equal str and dex to max attack. All dex and All str arent good if you want the most damage from an auto. For skills i depend mostly on auto w max rapid shot(25 sec for me), sharpshot, and both buffs(steady and sharp max) with some light heal. This works veeery well in leveling from 140-180 especially if you cant afford super combos(me). The only downside bolas cant be incorporated unless you remove dbl shot, so if you boss alot, you might need alot of alt books.

Im lvl 163 ranger, so i know the struggle. If you plan on leveling w money , then no prob use what you like, but for me(broke) i use equal str and dex to max attack. All dex and All str arent good if you want the most damage from an auto. For skills i depend mostly on auto w max rapid shot(25 sec for me), sharpshot, and both buffs(steady and sharp max) with some light heal. This works veeery well in leveling from 140-180 especially if you cant afford super combos(me). The only downside bolas cant be incorporated unless you remove dbl shot, so if you boss alot, you might need alot of alt books.
Huh if you want the most damage from an auto then of course you would go all str. Dex doesn't increase auto dmg.

Yep dex is better early but once you start raiding then str build is much better. When you use dex you are getting defense which is pretty useless. But early on before bossing having defense is good.
Most end game raid bosses have extremely high defences, and high physical damage resists, so full STR does not give you as much DPS output compared to hybrid builds.

DEX also gives you attack which you can never have too much of, and STR scales off as well.

Prot is the only end game raid where full STR reaps you dividends because of the insanely low physical resists and lower defences.
Wattzon of Sulis