Bob the mage wrote:Sigh... armor is not same as weapons. Armor drops do drop very often, maybe only exception is horns but even then they drop often enough to usually keep up with rogues... Liv was talking about armor and she is wrong to say DL armor drop rates are way too low.
LivingArawn wrote:Arawn outside whatever bubble bob described does not have it so easy with dl weapons or sets.
She never said anything among those lines. Merely implying that you were exaggerating the drop rate on your server.
Bob the mage wrote:As for contradicting myself, I admitted small bottlenecks exist pretty much every time, except for dL armor, all my alts have edl/dL depending upon their level, my warrior even has dL weapons :3
Good for you that your alts have dl/edl weapons, so have all my toons except for my locker rogue. But the fact that there is still a long line behind me of 220's without a level 175 req Dragonlord weapon makes me sad. How messed up is it that at 220 you still have to camp a 180 boss for several months, for some years now, and that there is still no guarantee they will get theirs anytime soon.
Bob the mage wrote:This small bottleneck is the only difficulty in the entire game, so even if it means I probably won’t get dL weapons on my rogue anytime soon, if it makes the game somewhat interesting, then keep it I guess.
This bottleneck does not keep the game 'interesting'. It's a terribly boring thing to after doing it for a few years now. It feels like a chore and it actually makes people quit, because for some there is no hope of ever getting one. I want to play this game for fun, not to just do some extra chore day in day out. Also makes me wonder, if this is what keeps the game 'somewhat interesting', how come you announced several times now that the game is too boring and that you quit because of that?
Bob the mage wrote: listed a bunch of ways I’d much rather see difficulty occur in a game, hell the current way CH is built is why I don’t really ever log anymore... all I’m saying is:
1) DL armor (different than weapons smh...) has no bottleneck, if you have problems getting dL armor that is solely due to how often your clan is locking and killing the bosses, or distribution
2) weapons have a small bottleneck, but are not essential to game play, but a certain number of them are required for EG bossing, thus the small bottleneck adds difficulty.
3) a revamp to put difficulty into leveling (with appropriate horizontal content at each level range) and EG bossing would be a lot better, but Muldar said no revamps like this are likely to happen.
4) frozen bottleneck could probably be readjusted by making more orbs drop, and maybe a guaranteed drop from 4*s as the bottleneck here has become slightly worse due to player number increase
5) I stand by that a decent number of crowns drop a month. 8 per month isn’t awful, and that’s just what I see dropping, may be more. This isn’t per clan but rather per server. No matter what OTM does if you can’t lock the bosses, you won’t see really any more crowns... only way to fix that would be if OTM made DL purely level based and required no small difficulty of locking the bosses.
1) this is something you clearly misread...
2)weapons are not essential to the gameplay? I would love to see a full group of rangers without dl/edl weapons do a lock battle against a full edl/dl ranger group. I think you can already guess the outcome? Try to beat rage of end-game bosses with no dl/weapons present. Fact is that to kill raid bosses, you will need DL weapons at least.
3)That would be nice. They could do this by just expanding the story questline from otherworld to end game.
4)I think that adjusting spawn timers would be more consistent with the spawn timers of other armour bosses. It's strange that a frozen boss has a longer spawn timer than a DL or EDL boss.
5) 8 per month for
Bob the mage wrote:As for Liv, DS usually only has 4 lockers at Snorri and sreng, so they only lock during odd times. That is why they don’t see crowns very often. Has nothing to do with drop rates, has everything to do with boss locking, changing drop rates or spawn times or any of the suggestions won’t affect how many crowns they get.
So at one point you say they still lock snorris at odd times, then you claim that changing drop rates wont affect how many crowns they get?! I may be mistaken, but if someone locks a snor boss and they get more crowns than before, then that does mean they can move on from this boss faster than before right?
Mage lvl 226 Mizza
Rogue lvl 88 Ninjastab
Rogue lvl 190 Minority ( locker rogue)
Druid lvl 220 mysa
Ranger lvl 219 Magikarp
Warrior lvl 132