Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

It is Worth it to Become a Sword Warrior?

Hello warrior forum people,

So recently I have been wanting to upgrade my DPS to the next level, but the problem is that I do not what to do. I am currently using the 200 shop axe and it is not bad, but certainly not the best. I have been thinking of switching to one of these:

-Void Strength Spear (6m)
-Despoiler Hammer (300k)
-Gelebron Dark Axe (10m)
-DL Sword (3.6m) and the upgrade to the EDL version would cost (1.6m)

I honestly do not know what to get. The main idea of my warrior is to have strong DPS against chaos bosses. I assume the best choice is the DL/EDL Sword—I am leaning towards this—but I am not entirely sure. Opinions would be appreciated, thanks!
An old character. . .

Re: It is Worth it to Become a Sword Warrior?

DL sword as you may know is not really used that much but it is required to get the shield if you will decide to become a tank.. Since you are an Eponian i would suggest just do gele till you win axe.
The chances of winning a gele axe are slim to none, especially considering they rarely drop and that I have unfathomable rng. I just want to know if the dl sword is good for bosses :3
An old character. . .

So recently I have been wanting to upgrade my DPS to the next level, but the problem is that I do not what to do. I am currently using the 200 shop axe and it is not bad, but certainly not the best. I have been thinking of switching to one of these:

-Despoiler Hammer (300k)
-Gelebron Dark Axe (10m)

I honestly do not know what to get. The main idea of my warrior is to have strong DPS against chaos bosses. I assume the best choice is the DL/EDL Sword—I am leaning towards this—but I am not entirely sure. Opinions would be appreciated, thanks!
Imo it's the second best alternative. I might consider writing a guide to both however I need to speak to people who have access to either or. Void axe is imo the best simply because the braces give an extra 1200 axe and 360 magic dmg with 40 stat points. Plus you get an extra 35 slash and 250 elemental damage which isn't bad with 250 str which will slightly boost skills and dmg. Also when swapping from sword to axe for rupture you will auto once with the axe meaning you lose over 3k attack (potentially) + dmg meaning that auto could be useless. Also in my opinion on raid bosses edl shield is best apart from on carrow and hrung as 200 divine imo beats the poison dagger (axe offhand is pointless lol).
Hi

-Despoiler Hammer (300k)
-Gelebron Dark Axe (10m)

Imo it's the second best alternative. I might consider writing a guide to both however I need to speak to people who have access to either or. Void axe is imo the best simply because the braces give an extra 1200 axe and 360 magic dmg with 40 stat points. Plus you get an extra 35 slash and 250 elemental damage which isn't bad with 250 str which will slightly boost skills and dmg. Also when swapping from sword to axe for rupture you will auto once with the axe meaning you lose over 3k attack (potentially) + dmg meaning that auto could be useless. Also in my opinion on raid bosses edl shield is best apart from on carrow and hrung as 200 divine imo beats the poison dagger (axe offhand is pointless lol).
The EDL shield is definitely amazing, but the problem is that is would cost me 8m plus the extra 3.6m for the DL Sword—this is money that I do not have. Also, obviously a Void Gelebron Axe is superior to anything (maybe except the EDL/DL Sword), but the chances of getting one are about the chances of me owning OTM. I know that the skill of the DL/EDL Sword is very strong, for it gives 1.5-3k unresisted DMG. So, do you think I should go with it considering I want to try and do as much DMG against chaos bosses as possible? Will it be worth the 3.6m?

Something else I wonder about is how overpowered a DPS warrior can be on chaos bosses. . .

If the warrior were to have all these:

-EDL Shield and EDL Sword
-Full DG
-2 godly STR/DEX/ATK Prot Braces
-3 Godly Sword Rings + Godly Divine DMG Ring
-Runic Pend. of Valour Neck
-Skain Stormleaf Charm
-Maxed Silver Horse
-Maxed Red Dragon

where do you think he would stand for DPS? Top DPS in the game? Is the EDL sword the game-changer because of the skill? Thoughts? lol
An old character. . .

If you legitimately want to raise your DPS on chaos raids EDL sword is the way to go. Only on a select number of them would a Gele ice/heat axe compete with, mainly the EDL bosses that have a fatal weakness to one element . Forget the magic, that's tank

Gele axe is the best for legacies / ring bosses if you keen on doing them in future . If you're going Spear, always the bane spear before other elements if you have a choice

Most of the forum DPS warriors would tell you that EDL sword is trash and Gele axe for life on every boss . A few of us would say otherwise. We're a bunch of guys who did tests thoroughly with crunching numbers, with results to show for it and all of us happen to be the top DPSers at our worlds. Rest is upto you, hopefully you will make the right decision depending on the bosses you want to shine on.
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

A full DG warrior with proper Sword gears can be devastating on chaos raids yes. The 'skill' you're referring to is the divine strike, is global to all dl/edl weapons.

Unfortunately the your lack of a divine offhand n skill compared to a rondel rogue or quiver ranger prevents you from being too good on chaos but nothing by any means inferior to the point of being useless
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

A full DG warrior with proper Sword gears can be devastating on chaos raids yes. The 'skill' you're referring to is the divine strike, is global to all dl/edl weapons.

Unfortunately the your lack of a divine offhand n skill compared to a rondel rogue or quiver ranger prevents you from being too good on chaos but nothing by any means inferior to the point of being useless
U done tests taking in hotswap loss + void gele with food vs edl sword with food and 2 godly havocs vs 2 godly prot attack?
Hi

U done tests taking in hotswap loss + void gele with food vs edl sword with food and 2 godly havocs vs 2 godly prot attack?
thats being unrealistic now...there is not one server in the game that has all those gears let alone having them all on one person. To a lesser extent, yes, It was tested but not using godly this godly that and godly those. There is also understanding resists and attack/defence and plateaus. Its really not that hard if you spend a bit of time foing all the tests and workings.

As for your comment about axes being pointless @corrupt...aparantly you are someone who doesnt understand resists too well lol
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

thats being unrealistic now...there is not one server in the game that has all those gears let alone having them all on one person. To a lesser extent, yes, It was tested but not using godly this godly that and godly those. There is also understanding resists and attack/defence and plateaus. Its really not that hard if you spend a bit of time foing all the tests and workings.

As for your comment about axes being pointless @corrupt...aparantly you are someone who doesnt understand resists too well lol
What are you talking about axes being pointless? I'm saying a edl sword will swap to axe for rupture yes. It's 0.05 seconds to swap and your next auto is with hotswap gear meaning if you have 3 imp+ sword rings u will be losing over 3k attack and have increased chance of missing the auto.
Hi