Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Closed beta forums

If those that are in closed beta are in a forum together a few days before the release then we can get familiar with each other. Set up times to “spike” the server to do events that might require a larger group. We can coordinate and do some data gathering about each other time zones since we will actually know who each other is.

Perhaps once we agree on a time or two that works for various people OTM can ask us to test certain mechanics to ensure things work as planned. I did a beta once on an iOS game where each day we were asked to test a certain aspect the next day. I hope those that are closed testing aren’t just going into it to prepare them self for the release, especially closed testers. A beta tester should be trying to find and discover issues so that OTM doesn’t have to spend as much time on patches after the release. Building up a report with fellow testers before we get in can help that.
Is a good idea.
220 Druid SupremeDruid

I'll be opening beta forums a few days earlier just to ensure everyone is aware they have been selected etc.
(Most likely once we have submitted the build to Testflight)

The Closed Beta will mainly be boss testing so I hope you are all ready! ;)
Thats terrific. In the Gele beta I felt like we had no time to test, we ran 4 raids and couldnt come up with any good idea and hence gele stood up for so long after. This time Id say give closed beta proper time and this might help, that way bosses of new release wont stand up forever and we'll need 2-3 nerfs until they go down.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

My concern is divieristy of classes and experienced players, many people don’t understand boss mechanics or how things work and low lvl players with bad gear won’t be realistic and neither would players with all godlys. We need people who know what they are doing, just want there to be careful planning because all of us want this update to go smooth and for the bosses to be as balanced as possible

My concern is divieristy of classes and experienced players, many people don’t understand boss mechanics or how things work and low lvl players with bad gear won’t be realistic and neither would players with all godlys. We need people who know what they are doing, just want there to be careful planning because all of us want this update to go smooth and for the bosses to be as balanced as possible
We can't plan for a boss we Haven't seen. We will have to hack and slash, see adds etc and then make a plan on how we will attempt. Hopefully it works well
Hi

If those that are in closed beta are in a forum together a few days before the release then we can get familiar with each other. Set up times to “spike” the server to do events that might require a larger group. We can coordinate and do some data gathering about each other time zones since we will actually know who each other is.

Perhaps once we agree on a time or two that works for various people OTM can ask us to test certain mechanics to ensure things work as planned. I did a beta once on an iOS game where each day we were asked to test a certain aspect the next day. I hope those that are closed testing aren’t just going into it to prepare them self for the release, especially closed testers. A beta tester should be trying to find and discover issues so that OTM doesn’t have to spend as much time on patches after the release. Building up a report with fellow testers before we get in can help that.
This is an excellent suggestion and plan.

We can't plan for a boss we Haven't seen. We will have to hack and slash, see adds etc and then make a plan on how we will attempt. Hopefully it works well
+1

+1

I really hope I get in the closed beta! Would it be a good idea for the people that get in the closed beta to get the same communication app like band, wechat or line for example? I remember we did that during the gelebron closed beta with a few and it worked really well. It was a pity not all testers were on line back then.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

We don’t need to know what the bosses are or the maps are to coordinate what times will work for those in closed beta. Beta is about testing and looking for and reporting problems. This is best done when a lot of us are on at once. We don’t need to know what the bosses are to determine what time works for a majority and plan a session of working together to figure things out
World - Gwydion - semi retired in 2020
- restarted in 2022 on Herne - 220 (rogue)

Searching for the next adventure.

We don’t need to know what the bosses are or the maps are to coordinate what times will work for those in closed beta. Beta is about testing and looking for and reporting problems. This is best done when a lot of us are on at once. We don’t need to know what the bosses are to determine what time works for a majority and plan a session of working together to figure things out
If it requires specific classes and 30+ people we will need to plan if closed
Hi