Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Good article on MMO ecosystems

Some event in which low levels got bigger benefits? No ideas. Even chicken chasing or ling catching favors fast mounts or expensive rings)
It's not just boosting new players, the author advocates tearing down old players. So like bans, having items break over time, limited use items, maybe an XP penalty for dying... all those things would bring down old players to even the playing field. TBH it doesn't sound like much fun to me. But maybe something does have to be done about power creep, otherwise in time the end game will be so far away from new players that it will be unattainable.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Some event in which low levels got bigger benefits? No ideas. Even chicken chasing or ling catching favors fast mounts or expensive rings)
It's not just boosting new players, the author advocates tearing down old players. So like bans, having items break over time, limited use items, maybe an XP penalty for dying... all those things would bring down old players to even the playing field. TBH it doesn't sound like much fun to me. But maybe something does have to be done about power creep, otherwise in time the end game will be so far away from new players that it will be unattainable.
I agree about the power creep. I cannot insgibe how a cyclical evening out can occur in an already established system. But is this a problem for CH? I think many might agree anecdotally. Do the top clans in a server ever change to a great extent? Not that I know of. Does the exponential gathering of power keep others out of the upper echelons? I think so if in part because of the system of bossing.
How many hats?

Server: Donn
Clan: Concordiia
Toons
Aoifa Strongbow-Mage-220
Naughty Vines-Druid-195l
Geriatric Ninja-Rogue-140

Top clans can always rise up, all you need are a bunch of EG players to leave the current top clan and form a new one (which usually dies due to people not having the drive to put up competition against the main clan).

The game doesn't have enough diversity of drops and farrrrr from ENOUGH drops to support even ONE EG clan, so kicking a bunch of EG players in the balls (in the context of Celtic Heroes) would just serve to piss them off and make them quit.

Pertaining to he power creep, hopefully OTM sticks by their word and doesn't increase level cap anymore.. Else we're in for a vast amount of EG players quitting out of sheer stress.
Would you kindly?