Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Should there be no lock penalties beyond lvl 220+?

I think no. Just need an option to not gain xp anymore.
May I ask why?
When people level higher than the thing they are attacking they do more damage to it, not sure when it caps out though. So people level much higher to gain this advantage it's only fair that they be penalised on lower bosses.

The only reason level lock is a problem in the game is poor loot design by OTM, that is the more pressing matter in my opinion rather than throwing a bandaid on a system that is broken to the core, allow us to move on from 2013 185-190 bosses and level lock becomes a non-issue and solves itself while providing it's intended purpose to keep high levels out of lower content they don't need anymore(in a fixed system).
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

I think no. Just need an option to not gain xp anymore.
May I ask why?
When people level higher than the thing they are attacking they do more damage to it, not sure when it caps out though. So people level much higher to gain this advantage it's only fair that they be penalised on lower bosses.

The only reason level lock is a problem in the game is poor loot design by OTM, that is the more pressing matter in my opinion rather than throwing a bandaid on a system that is broken to the core, allow us to move on from 2013 185-190 bosses and level lock becomes a non-issue and solves itself while providing it's intended purpose to keep high levels out of lower content they don't need anymore(in a fixed system).
Yup that's why I said only for bosses beyond 220+ (like gele). I'm advocating for removing the penalty for bosses that are higher than lvl 220, so lower lvl bosses like dl and edl will still keep the level lock disadvantage.
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

I say no because i dont see a reason when most people can barely get to 230, the very minimal difference in lvling above 220 a couple lvls isnt that big of a deal. When you specifically said this idea will only help for gele/prot, will rlly a couple lvls make a huge difference to completely remake a system thats been here for a while?

Edit: Besides, 5-50 extra stat points (which compared to those prot braces isnt much at all), the stats are the only think you will be given if u lvl above 220, and the stats arent even that much. No new gear will be available to you and no new bosses coming out above 220
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

There shouldn't be a penalty, on certain bosses.
For standard mobs and lower tier armor bosses I 100% get level lock. Level lock was introduced as a mechanism so that a clan of at level individuals could gear themselves without level 220's who don't need dragon discs outlocking you.
The issue comes in when you consider bosses that are still considered "End Game," but are not EG level. For example EG players still need necro, prot, gele, and EDL bosses, but any player 231+ can't lock gele or prot. Level lock needs to be reworked imo on the following bosses so that a level 231 can still assist in the locking, as these bosses are very much so relevant to a level 231:
Legacy Bosses:
-) Smolach 210
-) smolach 200
-) Skain
-) Garanak
-) Obelisk 200
-) Obelisk 210
-) Spider 200
Armor Bosses
-) Unox
-) Phantom
-) Cragskor
"End Game" Bosses
-) Hrungnir (helms and skulls op still...)
-) Mordris (helms, weapons, braces)
-) Necromancer (everything ._.)
-) Gelebron
-) Proteus Base
-) Proteus Prime
-) Imperial Helliants
-) Normal 5* Heliants

Now depending on how corrupted gardens is issued, maybe mordy and necro can be booted from this list, maybe even a few legacy. This is assuming that:
-) New bosses do not possess level lock
-) New bosses drops replace necro, mordy, hrung drops.

But unless both of these happen ._. we are still in a predicament where an EG player can't lock EG bosses.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Its the players choice to level up, you can't say that we didnt know the consequence. Again, for each added level, your character in return gets some more damage. If you dont need the extra damage, dont level.
I never said that we lvled up beyond 220 without knowing that we would be penalized. Im saying that we should be able to level past 220 without being penalized, so we won't have to stop at a certain level.
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

I say no because i dont see a reason when most people can barely get to 230, the very minimal difference in lvling above 220 a couple lvls isnt that big of a deal. When you specifically said this idea will only help for gele/prot, will rlly a couple lvls make a huge difference to completely remake a system thats been here for a while?

Edit: Besides, 5-50 extra stat points (which compared to those prot braces isnt much at all), the stats are the only think you will be given if u lvl above 220, and the stats arent even that much. No new gear will be available to you and no new bosses coming out above 220
Yeah, and if the advantages of lvling beyond lvl 200 are minimal, why penalize people for it?

Either the new bosses need to be level 230 and replace all previous bosses loot... or something needs to be done about level lock... it’s absurd that EG players need a non-EG alt to gear their EG toons...
It isn’t turtles all the way down... it’s alts all the way down.
Main
Alt to gear main
Alt to gear alt that gears main
Alt to gear alt to gear alt that gears main
Alt to gear Alt to gear alt to gear alt that gears main
Etc etc etc...
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Either the new bosses need to be level 230 and replace all previous bosses loot... or something needs to be done about level lock... it’s absurd that EG players need a non-EG alt to gear their EG toons...
It isn’t turtles all the way down... it’s alts all the way down.
Main
Alt to gear main
Alt to gear alt that gears main
Alt to gear alt to gear alt that gears main
Alt to gear Alt to gear alt to gear alt that gears main
Etc etc etc...
As long as they don't make the entrance to that boss be higher than 220 required, I don't care if they make a level 400 boss because I would rather have my kidneys ripped out of my body without anaesthesia than do bounties or lix. I'm honestly surprised they just haven't made an option to turn off receive xp. That would have solved the issue at least for proteus and gele
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue