Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How often are other mages getting prot kills?

Sorry bob but im not trashing any player. Idk where you see that in my posts. Also halo has the imperial oblivion in the top left spot. Either shes using anointed and no imp oblivion most of the time or shes not using the anointed. I am leaning towards the later.

Also no where did i compare my gear or say she is not as well geared as me. And at no point was it my intention to portray that idea. If we are being honest, there is no one else on arawn who is as well geared as i am...you and i both know this to be true so idk why i would need to imply something like that into my posts. What i did do was compare the level of halos gear to you and your level of gear. Not mine. Lets not start putting words into my mouth now bob.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Sorry bob but im not trashing any player. Idk where you see that in my posts. Also halo has the imperial oblivion in the top left spot. Either shes using anointed and no imp oblivion most of the time or shes not using the anointed. I am leaning towards the later.

Also no where did i compare my gear or say she is not as well geared as me. And at no point was it my intention to portray that idea. If we are being honest, there is no one else on arawn who is as well geared as i am...you and i both know this to be true so idk why i would need to imply something like that into my posts. What i did do was compare the level of halos gear to you and your level of gear. Not mine. Lets not start putting words into my mouth now bob.
Smh... You are pulling the thread more and more off topic.
Send this to me in a PM, as you have succeeded in derailing this thread... as I said maybe 5 minutes ago,
The topic was started to give mages the oppertunties to converse over gear and build techniques that can work to get proteus kills. It was never started to bash individuals, clans or servers. So if we can, let's move back to that.
I also said:
-) And Vent, the argument made by Aileron and others near the start was that any decent ranger could outdps even the best of mages. Halo, by any metric, is a pretty good ranger, definitely better than decent.
-) the video is proof that a mage can get a prot kill legitimately over a decent ranger. I don't think that this statement right here has any refutation against it.
That is all that is going on here ventius. Unless one of those two points right there is false you have nothing substantial in regards to anything brought up in this thread. Halo does use oblivion and annointed at prot, at least every time I have seen it, maybe this time she did something different? idk. regardless of this one ring it isn't a large enough factor to drop this ranger in question from above decent to below decent. Just because Halo's gear may not be as stacked as those who bid on everything, she still knows how to build a great ranger.

EDIT: also vent, you have never leveled a serious mage. So if I may, why do you continue to act as an expert on what is mathematically possible for mage DPS? I am curious why you are so overtly invested into a thread that has nothing to do with a class you have ever played substantially. Maybe if I can understand why you are so engrossed in this thread I can better tailor my responses to you.
Walawalawala

EDIT: also vent, you have never leveled a serious mage. So if I may, why do you continue to act as an expert on what is mathematically possible for mage DPS? I am curious why you are so overtly invested into a thread that has nothing to do with a class you have ever played substantially. Maybe if I can understand why you are so engrossed in this thread I can better tailor my responses to you.
Calm down, things like these are uncalled for on forums. If you want to make drama take it to pm please.
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

Calm down, things like these are uncalled for on forums. If you want to make drama take it to pm please.
Maybe if I can understand why you are so engrossed in this thread I can better tailor my responses to you.
The last line explains how it isn't a sign of drama. It's easy to quote a large block of text and say it's drama because it isn't just a +1 or a -1 and it's an actual argument. Many people mistake a debate for a fight, when in reality the two are not the same. Forums are places where debates should happen, as we are all, I would presume, trying to figure out how to be the "best" players we can be. I am confused with regards to what Ventius's angle is at on this thread, so rather than go another 10 rounds of off topic nonsense I would rather be blunt and ask what he is after/what his goal is so I can respond to what exactly he is commenting on this thread for.
It isn't drama, if anything it's trying to trim the drama out of the equation.
Walawalawala

This is simple. When beta kicks off, throw Bob in a group with 6 of the best geared rangers on CH. Do it every time proteus spawns. At the end of beta, see how many kills Bob has vs well geared rangers.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

This is simple. When beta kicks off, throw Bob in a group with 6 of the best geared rangers on CH. Do it every time proteus spawns. At the end of beta, see how many kills Bob has vs well geared rangers.
As long as rangers don’t haste, I’m game. Remember, I said a haste’s good ranger will get kill any day, but a great mage can outdps the best rangers OFFHASTE.
It’s pretty simple. Oh one more stipulation, no DG rangers, I don’t have DG, so if we really wanted to do a pure scientific study, then we have to keep variables similar.
I am decently geared, better geared than most mages, but no where, not once, in this entire thread nor any thread ever have I said a mage equals a ranger, my exact words were that a great mage can outdps a decent ranger on haste and a great ranger off haste.

If you want to continue to pull up stuff out of context, be my guess, but I will just quote what I have said right here.
That ranger must suck :lol: waste of gear. Unless she crashed or afk'd.
What a nice chief of a clan, to have to trash talk a player on another world who you have never met. Glad I never tried out Nuada.
As I said above... Halo is an amazing ranger, but usually lets others bid on gear before her. Because of how selfless she is, she doesn’t have the best gear, but her build is pretty OP regardless of that.
Also she never did DC, watch the video.

But Chaos, keep the shaming of players to those on your own server, we don’t want that here.

Everyone seems to forget what this thread was about, and by everyone I mean rangers from other worlds. This thread (for the millionth time) is about sharing ideas on how a mage could get prot kills, because it is possible. No where has a mage used this thread to bash any ranger, yet rangers continuously come here to bash mages or any ranger who loses a kill to a mage...
You never see a mage going on to the ranger or rogue forums and start posting how the mages you outdpsed at an EDL or a Legacy sucked, or that some glitch happened. Why can’t the rangers treat mages with the exact same courtesy? Is that so much to ask?
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

It didn't even hit me you had created a new forum account to send that PM. I just thought it had been 24 hours already. Yes, creating a new account to circumvent a ban is not okay. You don't just get to create a new account.
Bob and Ventius: This is BOTH of your last warnings. If you can't have mature conversations, then, you can take all your convos to unofficial channels. If you don't like each other, that's fine, but most don't care to see you air your beef all over the forums constantly. Don't interact with each other if that helps.

Thank you.