Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

I need your help! || Data collection for Ice Mage gear ranking

Hey Everyone, a lot of you may be familiar with the DPS ring ranking sheet I made for fire mages. I have been asked for a while now to put together a ranking similar to the firemage one for ice mages. In order to add in for some variance in mage builds I need to gather some data from how other ice mages are built. If you have 1-5 minutes and could fill this survey out, it would be a big help. All data given will be kept 100% confidential and this survey and the corresponding spreadsheet will be deleted once the results have been finalized.

If you have any questions please PM me here or on band either at Bob the mage band or Celtic Heroes Mage Band if you have any questions.

Thank you fellow mages for your help and support :-)
Walawalawala

Re: I need your help! || Data collection for Ice Mage gear ranking

I can give you months worth of testing gear combinations and comparisons of dozens of endgame builds haha as well as base gear ranking,s a dps calculator, and maximum dps gear combinations.

CD gear effects which items are best and i can give u exactly which items add more dps with which gear combos as well if you wish

I contemplated writing an ice mage dps guide however I was met with an impressive lack of response haha so decided it wasn't worth my time.
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Retirement dident work out for me .-.

I can give you months worth of testing gear combinations and comparisons of dozens of endgame builds haha as well as base gear ranking,s a dps calculator, and maximum dps gear combinations.

CD gear effects which items are best and i can give u exactly which items add more dps with which gear combos as well if you wish

I contemplated writing an ice mage dps guide however I was met with an impressive lack of response haha so decided it wasn't worth my time.
publish it then so people stop asking me to xD
My expertise was only in fire mage but gave in to the pressure the other day :lol:
A guide helps but Fury covered most of what is needed in a guide. What I was going to publish was going to be a pure ranking from best DPS to worst DPS amongst Ice Mage gear by category.
Walawalawala

I can provide all of it lol

it can all be found using a single tool (my dps calculator)
(which a total of 0 people attempted to assist me with to improve its accuracy so it showed me that others dident want it as a tool and if they arent going to use that then a guide wont be used either)

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

I can provide all of it lol

it can all be found using a single tool (my dps calculator)
(which a total of 0 people attempted to assist me with to improve its accuracy so it showed me that others dident want it as a tool and if they arent going to use that then a guide wont be used either)
I was gunna use it, but I didn't see I got the link till you posted this right here and I checked "shared with me" on my Ch email :lol: oops :?
a DPS calculator definitely helps, I already have one set up as well, I just need current mage builds to run through for variances in what gear people have available. DPS calcs tell you what is 100% optimal if you already have the corresponding optimal gear, but without including for variance sometimes it is a bit off in telling what in general, or on average, is the best to go off of.
Walawalawala

Your ring order is based on 0 CD gear im assuming? Because CD drastically changes the order its impossible to model a single order off different casting times. A calculator that factors in CD is the best way to fins a items true dps potential
That is one of the reasons why you can't just use a straight DPS calc. For my fire mage ring ranking I had approximatly 25 different mage builds with a wide variance in build techniques from a variety of servers. From this I was able to deduce a ranking system, that as I provided a disclaimer for beneath it, although it can never be 100% applicable to all builds, provides an aproximation for what is better. I then compared this to the "ideal fire mage" build and its corresponding rankings and I found that on average it was identical. As far as I remember (will have to double check) the order stayed the same, the only difference was the DPS values changed slightly.
Walawalawala

There will never be a 100% accurate when it comes to dps haha i did the servery wish you luck in that regard

For ice consider casting times are significantly longer and thus the impact of CD changes is much higher

A calculator is used to compare an items effect with consideration to the build as a whole (necro rings become replaced by direct rings in effect as you progress and add higher CD and more foc and ability which reduces necro rings effect) which is why its my personal preference, however there are many ways to find how items correspond to different builds.

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

There will never be a 100% accurate when it comes to dps haha i did the servery wish you luck in that regard

For ice consider casting times are significantly longer and thus the impact of CD changes is much higher

A calculator is used to compare an items effect with consideration to the build as a whole (necro rings become replaced by direct rings in effect as you progress and add higher CD and more foc and ability which reduces necro rings effect) which is why its my personal preference, however there are many ways to find how items correspond to different builds.
Thanks krummy!
All of the different gear possibilities imo is what makes mages so interesting to build. So many options and possibilities. Pure DPS mage is just one of an almost infinite ways to play the class, its nice to have so many options.

Thank you again :-)
Maybe you are right, and unlike with fire mages, ice mage gear can't be averaged out into an accurate ranking. Only one way to find out I guess ;)
Walawalawala

If you guys make a chart, I'll add it to my guide if it checks out+if you want(with credit of course).
The impact of the CD changes is lower then fire(if the dps test is being conducted on an infinite time assumption)
As CD gear only changes the cooldown time, the cast time drags the total reduction percent down. Which since fire has less cast time, CD gear is best for fire. Still extremely good for ice, just needed to point that out.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr